After all we had heard about the loss of trees in the IT capital of India, it came as a delightful surprise to drive into the Taj West End and find ourselves in a tropical forest of venerable giant trees, which support a whole host of glorious songbirds. The grounds are wonderful as is the hotel nestling tastefully amongst the trees. We were upgraded to an executive suite and had acres of space inside, as well as an outdoor sitting area to allow us to enjoy the setting and the wildlife to the full. The room was provided with all the comforts you could wish for, from ample towels and toiletries, regularly replenished, and not one but two pairs of robes, to a French press and excellent coffee.
The food at breakfast, lunch and dinner was excellent, as was the friendly and attentive service. The hotel has a very good spa and salon and two lovely pools. Old photos tell of the 125 year history of this grande dame of Bangalore, and the decor throughout is calm and delightful.
The only possible inconvenience was the close proximity of the bar, with its rather offputting loud music, to the charming Vietnamese restaurant, but there are two other restaurants if you prefer a quieter meal.
This historic hotel is worth a visit even if you never venture out into the town. Indeed it's very hard to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrating 125 years and more, The Taj West End, an icon in the city of Bengaluru ideally located in the city centre, is in close proximity to the Bangalore Golf club and is well connected to all major business and IT parks. The 117 rooms and suites are designed for guests to enjoy the highlight of the hotel - the lush, greenery-and-water designed landscapes. This magnificent property opened its doors to guests as early as 1887 under a Victorian lady, Mrs. Bronson. By the turn of the century, Bronson’s West End’s prosperity had attracted a fair bit of attention, and in 1912 passed into the hands of the Spencers. Since 1984 the hotel has been managed by the Indian Hotels Company Limited. Exuding magnificence and history from every corner, today this hotel speaks to all travelers staying within its walls. The Taj West End is also home to some of the city’s most acclaimed restaurants and award winning restaurants, offering unique and exquisite cuisines. Each outlet; Mynt, Blue Ginger Masala Klub and Blue Bar will showcase their finest offerings, sure to enchant, impress and dazzle guests. The hotel has created several Exclusive and Unique Experiences for its guests all through the year, pampering and delighting them in true Taj West End style. Whether one opts for a Breakfast under The Raintree, Dinner at the Paradise Table at Blue Ginger or under the stars at Masala Klub, guests will surely make memories that last them a lifetime! The Jiva Grande Spa and Salon, State of the Art fitness centre and two outdoor pools ensure this is the ideal getaway for leisure in the city of Bengaluru! With over 25000 sq.ft. of indoor and outdoor banqueting space, The Taj West End lends itself wonderfully to business conferences, conclaves and celebrations alike. The Taj West End looks forward to welcoming its guests to Bengaluru’s favorite hotel, a true icon for hospitality in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Taj West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Taj West End Hotel Bangalore
- Taj West End Bangalore
- Taj West End Hotel Bangalore