Working for an Indian firm I travel there a lot, to Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore.
I've stayed in many of the best hotels in each place - but not before in the TWE Bangalore ... on this trip I arrived on a Tuesday to go to Le Meridien, then out for three days to a work conference out of the city, then back to the TWE for two days.
I can say, without compulsion, that it became two of the best days I've had in India. The TWE is a beautiful property with lush and spacious gardens - all well tended. Cottages and buildings dotted around the gardens as well as the heritage block house rooms and suites, most with private gardens and terraces or balconies - I didn't see a building over two stories high. My suite was spacious, well fitted and extremely comfortable, the butler efficient without being over bearing, the room staff charming and helpful. I instantly felt relaxed and calm - and after a hectic few days very relaxed.
Several things stood out, on arrival I booked a later car to take me to the Meridien to collect a jacket I had accidentally left in the wardrobe on checking out. I then headed for a drink and some food with colleagues - as we were eating the gentlemen who checked me in came to me and said 'we have collected your jacket, steamed and pressed it and it's hanging in your wardrobe' - service that goes beyond expectation and a wonderful thing too. Other stand outs, the pool, the Blue Ginger restaurant with delicious grub and a very good wine list, the bar where a very acceptable dry martini can be had although it's a little jumping on a Saturday night, the gardens again, the absolute flood of bottled water in the rooms whereas many Indian hotels are very parsimonious with this, the buffet on Saturday (delectable).
Most of all, the peace and quiet and space that it has that few other places in India and certainly Bangalore don't. Of all the areas and hotels I have visited I can see me returning to TWE always for business and taking my partner and friends for holidays.
Guess you see I loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrating 125 years and more, The Taj West End, an icon in the city of Bengaluru ideally located in the city centre, is in close proximity to the Bangalore Golf club and is well connected to all major business and IT parks. The 117 rooms and suites are designed for guests to enjoy the highlight of the hotel - the lush, greenery-and-water designed landscapes. This magnificent property opened its doors to guests as early as 1887 under a Victorian lady, Mrs. Bronson. By the turn of the century, Bronson’s West End’s prosperity had attracted a fair bit of attention, and in 1912 passed into the hands of the Spencers. Since 1984 the hotel has been managed by the Indian Hotels Company Limited. Exuding magnificence and history from every corner, today this hotel speaks to all travelers staying within its walls. The Taj West End is also home to some of the city’s most acclaimed restaurants and award winning restaurants, offering unique and exquisite cuisines. Each outlet; Mynt, Blue Ginger Masala Klub and Blue Bar will showcase their finest offerings, sure to enchant, impress and dazzle guests. The hotel has created several Exclusive and Unique Experiences for its guests all through the year, pampering and delighting them in true Taj West End style. Whether one opts for a Breakfast under The Raintree, Dinner at the Paradise Table at Blue Ginger or under the stars at Masala Klub, guests will surely make memories that last them a lifetime! The Jiva Grande Spa and Salon, State of the Art fitness centre and two outdoor pools ensure this is the ideal getaway for leisure in the city of Bengaluru! With over 25000 sq.ft. of indoor and outdoor banqueting space, The Taj West End lends itself wonderfully to business conferences, conclaves and celebrations alike. The Taj West End looks forward to welcoming its guests to Bengaluru’s favorite hotel, a true icon for hospitality in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Taj West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Taj West End Hotel Bangalore
- Taj West End Bangalore
- Taj West End Hotel Bangalore