“Luxury well spent on!”

Ranked #14 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Luxury well spent on!”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

There was no time to book a room in advance so I booked on the spot, when I arrived at the Taj. The staff were most courteous and accommodating.

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel, and the second time I have been given a top floor room.
First time I had a single room where this time I had a double room but both had the advantage of being very quiet, although small, but then this is Bangalore and I prefer peace over size! The rooms, and the hotel, seem to have been redone within the last five years and is very nice although the carpet in the room had minor miscolour where former guests have worn shoes. The rooms I have stayed in were clean, the staff very friendly and helpful. This is truly a 5 star hotel but a very nice small quaint boutique hotel with small rooms and great location!

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Mumbai
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Well the more you say about TAJ WEST END , the less it is. A unique hotel in its own aspect sitting bang opposite to the Race Course in Bangalore.
Service : Well i could not point out where they missed. They were excellent at any given point of time. Room Service quick fast and neat. House Keeping is simply awesome.

The cottages were so tastefully done with porticos to sit n sip tea at dawn n dusk. Very very comfortable beds .

Unbelievable service and great food , is worth the price they ask for. Truly 5 STAR !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed June 3, 2011

The stay at Taj West End was a very very pleasant one. The rooms very very spacious and elegant as is expected from the Taj group of hotels. The staff very very friendly and inviting.
The service was way better than any of the other 5 star hotels in all of bangalore.
However, there was one instance where i found a cockroach in the room. I informed the staff about it and they were quick in getting rid of it. What followed after that however was a very nice gesture from them. They made 2 out of 3 nights free for me and i was served some awesome continental breakfast in my room the last morning. I am definitely going to come back here!

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Great price and great place to stay... whenever my clients are in bangalore we always make sure to put them up at Taj West End. Truly Recommended for price and comfort. Make sure to make early bookings for discount deals.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2011

This was my first trip to India and I was traveling by myself on business. I stayed at two Taj properties, the first in Delhi, the Taj Palace and the second the Taj West End. They both have very distinct personalities, deliver exceptional service and are excellent choices for the solo business traveler. Upon my return, they will definitely be my first choice to stay again.

For the Taj West End, I find it to be a very gracious, warm and welcoming property. I was able to make arrangements with the hotel to have a driver waiting for me at the airport which made my arrival in Bangalore go very smoothly. It took about a half hour to drive to the hotel property and the registration process was efficient and soon had me in my spacious hotel room. I had a private balcony overlooking the gardens with a big picture window facing it from inside the room so you could also enjoy the view from within. There was a small living area with sofa, chair and coffee table and big screen tv, a King Sized bed and then a dining area with another picture window to the courtyard. A separate small desk area with reliable Internet wireless service worked well for my work and conference calls and next to that a very large bathroom well appointed for the traveler from the west. A couple times during my stay I did see the power flicker, but within seconds it was back on which I believe must be from some backup generators.

The rooms are very quiet and the grounds peaceful, so it is a good place for those whose work requires a good deal of thoughtful contemplation.

The grounds are magnificent, 200 acres of lush foliage with a lot of birds and other wildlife. But no snakes thanks to the nightly patrol of mongoose. Do yourself a favor and be sure to take some time to enjoy a dip in one of their pools. The chlorine levels and Ph Levels are posted and are at a level enough so birds can still drink the water and do on the very edge of the pool where the water runs down a wall to a shallower pool. I finally took advantage of the pool facilities the day before I was leaving after a 10 day stay and was enchanted by the beautiful tropical view, cool crystal clear waters and large eagles soaring overhead. Even the eagles take great pride in clearing out any rogue frogs that might find their way to the pool or fountains after the rains so that the waters always remain pristine and free from unwanted creatures.

During my stay I felt like I had an extended family watching over me, never intrusive, but always taking great pride in making sure you have an exceptional stay at the properties whether it was services being offered in the lobby, restaurant or in room. Each evening butlers Arindam and Zahid thought up new treats to surprise me with whether it was a glass of wine, special desert, a box of chocolates, a bath drawn with special salts from the Dead Sea or a breakfast being served poolside the next day. My needs were often anticipated so it was a rare occasion when I needed to ask for something, but when I did, the service was prompt and professional. When I inquired at the spa for a manicure, a service they no longer provided, I was still treated to the service impromptu as a courtesy and then given a guided walk through the grounds while my nails dried. The next day a tray arrived with fragrant strings of Jasmine and the latest issue of Vogue India and complimentary nail care products.

When I came down with a cough, everyone was trying to find ways to help me. One butler came up with the idea of a hot toddie (mixture of freshly crushed cinnamon, cloves, black pepper with honey and hot water) and that was served to me several nights in a row which helped immensely. Another inquired of a doctor in his family that recommended a Benadryl cough syrup by the familiar Johnson & Johnson and brought it to me the next evening. Really truly amazing and thoughtful service.

As a westerner, I was hesitant to try the fresh fruit always being offered me, but finally gave in to a plate of beautiful mango being served to me and it was lovely and did not cause any digestion issues. I continued having fruit after that and wished I had been more adventuresome earlier on. The stewed pears and figs were especially wonderful. There is always plenty of complimentary bottled water provided in your room.

One of the best features of my stay was being able to book a driver that became an invaluable resource as I explored my surroundings. Whether it was a flawless drive to my business meetings (my colleagues told me that most drivers had problems finding their offices on the first attempt and we drove right there) or seeing the local areas of interest, Nataraj made my trips so much more interesting by giving me an opportunity to learn about the agriculture, Hindu gods, and local history through his wonderful storytelling. It was important for my work to get a view into the culture and land and I felt very fortunate to have someone with such a poetic lens to learn from. It was particularly helpful when we were on a 17 hour odyssey to Mysore that included a stop at the otherworldly Kokkare Bellur bird center where the trees are bedecked by hundreds of cranes nesting, a visit with a silk farmer, Ranganatha Swamy Temple, Tipu Sultan Summer Palace, Mysore Palace (recommend Madhan Rao Sindhe as a guide) and Chamundi Hills. We even managed to see the palace lit in all it’s glory with 95,000 lights. Spectacular!! On another trip, we ventured to tour the KR Farmer’s market. The colorful sites were right out of National Geographic. Spectacular!!

I don’t know why it took me so long to dine at Blue Ginger, the beautiful Vietnamese restaurant on the property but I was soon kicking myself for such a delay because if I could rewind, I would likely have been there at least every other night. I started out with a lunch and enjoyed the beautiful scenery and food so much that I was quickly convinced by Chef Rishi to return to try a dinner which was like a totally new restaurant once again with the night ambience so very different from the daytime. Every time I dined there I was soon accompanied by a bowl of gold fish as my dining companion. My favorite dishes were a stir fried chicken dish with lemongrass and chilies and a divine medley of dumplings (crab, chicken, vegetable, shrimp and sticky rice) with four unique sauces that complimented each bite.

The day I was leaving, I had the most amazing spa experience ever! I definitely left the planet during my one hour foot massage. In part it must be the natural setting of greenery and birds outside and the perfect atmosphere of water fountains, rose petals and candles inside the old building. It made all the other spa experiences seem like an imitation. My thoughts were to get the feet and legs ready for the long flight that would end up being 23 hours in transit time back to the States. The spa scents were so different then the Indian ones in the US that often given me a headache. These were light and airy, not heavy perfume. At the end of the treatment I was given a wonderful jasmine lei.....I just kept bringing it to my nose to take in all its glory.

Next Zahid had asked if he could draw me a bath with special Dead Sea salts---the third during my stay. He was taking extra time and I couldn't figure out what on earth he might be doing. When he opened the door, he proudly displayed that he had written bon voyage with red and yellow rose petals on top of the soap bubbles! Quite extraordinary!

For my final preparations for the long journey I had my last meal at the gorgeous tropical garden setting of Blue Ginger. The chef and hostess brought me a plate of special complimentary desserts to wish me farewell.

There was only one thing I would avoid and that was taking the 5-7 minute walk to an ATM. At the time of my visit there wasn’t one on the property. I’ve recommended they have one installed in the lobby because although it is a short distance, I found it a harrowing walk for someone who is not used to the streets of Bangalore. A car was offered but that seemed excessive for such a short walk. Take the car!

My travels kept me away for 3 weeks and yet I found myself torn when it was time to leave. I was anxious to return home, but found it difficult to leave all the wonderful people at the Taj West End. It was more like staying at a peaceful guest bungalow than at a hotel. Truly an exceptional experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Connie_Atlanta
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Taj West End allows you to mix business and leisure. It feels like a resort in the middle of a city. The quality and choice of food, the blue bar, greenery makes you relax and unwind within minutes. This will remain my first choice of stay in Bangalore. It can be slightly far from the new business district, but worth the time to get here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Westlake, Ohio
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Stayed for one night on way to Infosys for a week. Absolutely stunning location. Much like the all-inclusive resorts I stay at in Mexico or The Dominican Republic. Will have to come back and stay again for a few more nights to really take all that this place has to offer. A true oasis in this city.

• Stayed April 2011