“Luxurious property in prime location”

ITC Windsor, Bengaluru
Ranked #24 of 681 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed June 24, 2010

excellent property, well maintained. suggestion to enroll into the frequent stay guest program as they have multiple chains in India catering to different budgeted guests.

Windsor is a luxury property have multiple restaurants and located at a conveniently accessible location. Though it doenst have a peshawari or bhukhara as found in Delhi and mumbai hotels.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank john_rb_samuel

Reviewed June 23, 2010

Liked the staff very much, services were excellent
Best Value for money

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2010

A pure business class hotel on the luxury side. Spacious rooms and I was glad they gave me an upgrade. The rooms are well attended and service is quick. The complimentary breakfast is very good with a grand choice. Wines are expensive and would recommend avoid unless its on the house. The rooms are on expensive side and would recommend the hotel for business trips unless you have a lot of money to spend or you prefer a high end elegant stay. The downside is that there are a lot of business travellers especially from the ITC group. The amenities are good and the pool, gym, and other expected facilities are maintained well.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank sandek
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Good room and a pleasant stay; Courteous staff and a personalized service; But I had so many issues during my stay. Why is the food so costly? Unbelievably high price and its not acceptable. The dinner starts only at 7:30 or 7:45 in all the restaurants and you need to really starve if you are normally an early dinner type; Otherwise, go to the coffee shop and have some sandwiches, that's it. Room Service is courteous, but so confused and could not give proper information either about the menu they have or about the restaurants timing. Iam a starwood member and presented my membership card during checkin & checkout, but I realized after 1 week that they have not taken my membership details into account. Starwood service was so pathetic that they asked me the proof of the stay. When I gave the hotel confirmation details, they said that they cannot check with the hotel, instead asked me to scan the invoice, booking details and so on. The travel desk was pretty good. In general, an average hotel and not worth staying. One question I want to ask many 5 star hotels: why are you not concentrating on the entertainment part for the guests, especially the television? All these hotels conveniently ignore the south indian channels and focus only on hindi, english and other foreign languages. Leave alone my language tamil channels, I could not see any kannada channels in a Bangalore hotel, this is ridiculous.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank kbalasub
ITCWINDSOR, Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2010

I would like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback on our services during your recent stay at ITC Windsor.
May I, profer my most sincere apologies for the reported inconvenience caused to you.
I would like to assure you that corrective measures have been taken to address the core issues of people and product emanating from your comment.
We do value your patronoage and would look forward to welcoming you back at the ITC Windsor.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

This is a property that will instantly appeal to the Anglophiles and colonial-era-philes among us :)

Set back a little from the main road, but visible, distinctive and impressive from the outside, the first impression is definitely that of a colonial-era mansion, with primarily white construction, pillars and collonades.

The impression continues when you get inside, with wooden floors and furniture that was described to me as "Queen Anne". (I disclaim expertise; this is what I was told!)

Check-in was very quick, as I have generally found to be the case at ITC properties. This is particularly true if you have any premium standing on either the Welcomgroup's own or Starwood's Frequent Guest programs.

I have stayed here a few times on business; this particular trip was a holiday with family. When we got to our room, it turned out to have a colonial period decor and feel (though with all the modern conveniences you would expect of a luxury hotel), just like the exterior. On one or two of my earlier trips, I have been accommodated in rooms in a different wing, with a much more modern feel - presumably a more business-oriented wing. I'm sure there are names for the two wings or periods of decor, but I didn't pick them up - sorry!

Our ground floor room opened out into a quiet, seemingly private courtyard, with nice love-seats.

The hotel has a number of restaurants offering different cuisines; in fact more than we could have sampled without staying a couple of days longer - again a characteristic of the better ITC properties. Breakfast was in a restaurant called the Pavilion, with broad skylights letting in natural light. Breakfast was outstandingly good, offering excellent South Indian traditional items like dosas, and Western-style items as well. Excellent service, and great South Indian coffee. Unreservedly recommended!

One small downside of the location (which is otherwise very pleasant, close to one of Bangalore's oldest golf courses) is that the property being somewhat set back from the main road, it isn't possible to just step out of the hotel and find a cab or autorickshaw - you will generally need to have, or order, a car.

Service throughout our stay, again as has generally been my experience at ITC properties, was prompt and cheerful. We experienced a happy stay, even with a teenager alongside, and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2010

i really enjoy the outside are and the friendly, approachable atmosphere. bathrooms are starting to get a bit out-dated but otherwise I always enjoy my stay, this is my homebase in bangalore.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
ITCWINDSOR, Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2010

I would like to thank you for your feedback.It will remain our constant endeavour and assuring you of best services at all times.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I've stayed in at least 500 hotels in India and abroad. The kind of person I am, a hotel needs to treat me really badly for me not to visit it any further.

Windsor is THE BEST in service that I've come across in Bangalore. This was a home away from home for me, and I loved my several stays at the Windsor. While the Windsor is a 5*, its special service, the 3 restaurants (Dakshin - south indian local cuisine), Dum Pukht (Indian) and the pub, the lounge offer amazing culinary delight to visitors. I have never been disappointed while ordering or enjoying complimentary snacks at the Tower in the evening.

At the manor everything is looked into with great detail including the toiletries which range from within the good to the best in Wills, and Hermes for the suites. The hotel itself is so tastefully decorated that it reminds you of the old Victorian days, and you're treated too as Royalty.

A special mention to the Pavillion (The coffee shop). Excellent choice of a gastronomic delights for an extremely heavy breakfast buffet. I have spent hours here over coffee and more coffee that the nice staff would replenish on the first cup getting over.

I only wish that the Windsor includ othe activities like table tennis/billiards to maintain that extra edge. With the ITC Gardenia coming up, a number of people (NOT as loyal as me) have shifted base to the Gardenia.

Love the place.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

We appreciate your feedback and delighted to know that we are able to live upto your expectations. It is comments such as yours that encourage and motivate us in our endeavour to scale greater heights in enhancing consumer experience. Would like to thank you for your suggestions and certainly consider the same.