“The luxury Hotel,”

Ranked #18 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Manama, Bahrain
“The luxury Hotel,”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

If you want to be a royal of the bygone era....check in to ITC Windsor Bangalore....the luxury at its best...with three great restaurants ...dhakshin, dum punkt and royal afghan and the greatest breakfast on the earth with chef Dherin....you are spoilt with choice....$ 150 including a royal breakfast it is great value for money ....only minus is they believe internet you need to pay extra ..I am sure they can managed without it

Stayed July 2014
ITCWINDSOR, General Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this review, July 15, 2014

Greetings from ITC Windsor, Bengaluru.

Thank you for your very gracious comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us…Thank you for choosing ITC Windsor and giving us an opportunity to serve you…

The team at ITC Windsor is indeed committed to quality service and your appreciation of our product, specially efficiency and warm approach is heartening to note.

The ITC Windsor is truly a Hotel with a Class of its very own.... We are happy that you enjoyed Breakfast as well as the rest of the Cuisine at our very fine restaurants.... We are glad to inform you that the ITC Windsor has been attributed with the credo ‘where the city dines’! Your sentiments about Chef Dhiren has been conveyed to him.

It is our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest level of comfort and service to make their stay truly memorable.

With kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Enjoyed my stay here. Beautiful hotel, with a great range of restaurants. Rooms are excellent. Must go to South Indian restaurant, some of the best Indian food I have ever tasted. The breakfast buffet at the main restaurant was fantastic and it seemed to have more waiters than guests. Overall an enjoyable experience

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ITCWINDSOR, General Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this review, July 6, 2014

Greetings from ITC Windsor, Bengaluru.

The team at ITC Windsor is indeed committed to quality service and your appreciation of our facilities, services and cuisine, specially efficiency and warm approach is heartening to note.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits…

Warm Regards,
Portadown, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

There are certainly some very good points about this hotel. But they are outweighed in my opinion by the negatives, especially when you consider the price you are paying.
Like many people have stated before, there is a very strong smell of damp in some of the rooms. I had a group of 11 people staying and it was noticeable in at least two of the rooms.
We booked a room rate which included evening cocktails. Not a big deal, but a nice touch. When we ordered them during happy hour, we were very clearly told that alcoholic cocktails were NOT included. Yet they market this as a selling point.
One night I ordered a 12 seater bus for the next day. Next day they had no record of me ordering it.
Service just is NOT up to scratch. Yes, everyone is VERY polite, but they are ridiculously inefficient. 30 minutes to get a cup of tea after dinner. Had to repeatedly order it three times. 90 minutes to get a bill brought up from reception that would be here in "5 minutes". One service person after another pretends to understand your order or request when they clearly do not, leading to chaos.
Like every other negative review, they will probably answer this one by saying they appreciate the feedback and will learn from the experience and take it on board. Well I have to tell you ITC, you are not taking it on board and it is not getting better.
There are MUCH better hotels in Bangalore that charge MUCH less and look after their guests way better. I'm afraid you've lost another repeat customer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
ITCWINDSOR, General Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings of the day to you.

I would like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback during your recent stay at the ITC Windsor. I do appreciate you taking the time to apprise us of our shortcomings.

I would like to speak with you personally and have called your mobile number on record but have not been able to connect with you. I could certainly like to speak with you personally to assure you that this is an aberration and not reflective of our service standards.

Please do let me know the date and time as to when it would be convenient to speak with you.

In the meanwhile I would like to assure that I have personally addressed your observations and necessary corrective measures have been taken.

My Team and I look forward to welcoming you back at ITC Windsor.

With kind regards
Mumbai
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have stayed here many years back before shifting to Taj Hotels in Bangalore. Since I have good memories of this beautiful hotel I decided to come back for a one day stay. The good news is that the property is as beautiful as ever. The maintenance of the beautiful old marble is excellent and one gets the feeling of staying in a palace. The poolside restaurant is great. Unfortunately the service at the reception and room service just does not match up. It is clear that the BPO/IT boom is taking its toll -- the staff is poorly trained and less than efficient. That is forgivable but what was really unfortunate was the approach of ripping off the customer -- something so rarely encountered in Indian five star hotels that it bears mentioning. I had to reach the airport at 9.30 am and came down around 8.10 am -- the idea being to have a relaxed breakfast & head to the airport, which I was told was 30-35 minutes drive from the hotel. When I asked the reception to call for a taxi they advised me against it saying "a taxi will take an hour to come & it will take an hour to get to the airport ski we would advice you to take the hotel car". I agreed and rushed through my breakfast so that I could leave by 8.30 am. The hotel taxi was a "boy-so-new" compact car for which they charged ne Rs. 3000 ($50) -- the taxi fare in a comparable car would have been around Rs. 450 (less than $8). I was told by my friends that taxis typically never take more than 20-30 mins to come and the taxi raise to airport never takes more than 30-35 minutes because of an elevated road which starts a after a short drive from the hotel (8-10 minutes). I am more than a bot disappointed that the hotel chose to market their over-priced "hotel car" to me by making dubious statements. Apart from all this -- why should the hotel charge Rs. 3000 for a taxi ride that is at most 35 ams? That works out to over Rs. 85/km -- most taxis charge about Rs. 12-18. All in all an unpleasant feeling of being ripped off. A pity because except for this I actually liked this quaint hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you make your taxi arrangements directly and not through the hotel!
1 Thank Rajashekar
ITCWINDSOR, General Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback during your recent stay at ITC Windsor.

I do appreciate you taking the time to apprise us of our shortcomings. It is feedback like this which helps us to improve, synergize and streamline our services and also further enhance guest experience.

It is our endeavour to deliver an exceptional guest experience, but its apparent in this case, we fell short. I would like to assure you that I have personally addressed your observations and necessary corrective measures have already been taken.

May I request you to treat this as an aberration, not reflective of our normal service standards and customer care.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Last time I was in Bangalore, I went to the other ITC Hotel and I would have gone back to it, but this time I had to go to a different place therefore they booked this hotel for me, which was closer.to my daily destination.
I have to say that it confirms the upper level style of this chain. I'm having a great stay and I suggest it very much to anyone who's looking for comfort, style and service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ITCWINDSOR, General Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us…Thank you for choosing ITC Windsor and giving us an opportunity to serve you… Maintaining high standards of luxury and finesse in our Product & Services is our benchmark and thereby makes ITC Windsor a truly illustrious property.

The ‘ITC Windsor’ does provide an exceptional and an indigenous experience in an ambience reminiscent of the colonial past imbued with gracious, impeccable and efficient service.

We at the ITC Windsor look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the hotel.

Best Regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed for 02 days at the above hotel in March 2014..The cordiality at the reception & room service was very good.The rooms are well made up.Every small detail is taken care of minutely.The decor reminds of the gone by era before independence.The food was excellent.
All in all it is a hotel which can be recomended to any one on a visit to Bangalore.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more quiet & peaceful
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ITCWINDSOR, General Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this review, June 17, 2014

Best Regards,
delhi
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is royal sense.. From the way it a done to the aura .. All royal .. Not only this the food is delicious .. I with my family was there just for a night and we had dinner at their pool side restaurant .. The food was amazing so was the hospitality and the ambience ..
The best place to stay if u in Bangalore

• Stayed May 2014
ITCWINDSOR, General Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this review, June 9, 2014