My husband and I have been more or less living in the ITC Windsor for the past 3 months since he is staffed on a case in Bangalore. This place is in every way a delight, and we haven't had a disappointing day or night yet. We've been traveling extensively throughout India on weekends, and we've had the good fortune of staying in some of India's top hotels (The Taj Palace in Mumbai, the Lake Palace in Udaipur). While the ITC Windsor & its clientele is not quite as fancy as those, there are a couple of things we've noticed that earn it extra points in our minds, particularly since it falls at a significantly lower price point per night:
1. The breakfast buffet has a selection and quality that is unrivaled anywhere else we've been - piles of fresh fruits, different types of yogurt & curd, continental foods, but the best is the Indian spread, which has so many (so tasty) options, and they change the selection up each day. Be sure to order coconut water (served in the coconut), masala chai, and a masala dosa.
2. If you stay in the Tower, the daily open bar happy hours from 6-8 are such a treat. Indian wines & beers, any cocktail you like, even hot & cold Indian snacks - all complimentary. In the library area, you can watch cricket or the news while imbibing.
3. The pool is lovely. Completely clean, with a nice poolside menu, and plenty of shade available.
4. The staff is terrific - everyone is elegantly dressed, they bow and say, "Namaste" as you pass through the lobby. Also, the lobby itself is gorgeous - a marble fountain with floating candles and lotus flowers, live music, a marble staircase...
5. The restaurant selection is varied & all of them are good. In our opinion, Dakshin, the south Indian restaurant, is the best.
My only gripe is that the concierge isn't very helpful and when it comes to booking events or reservations, or finding local resources, you're pretty much on your own.
-We have stayed both in the main part of the hotel & the Tower. From what we can tell, there isn't a significant difference in room size or in service. Your money's probably better saved by staying in the main/manor hotel. But the aforementioned happy hours are only available to Tower guests.
-If you're going to have some free time around the hotel, request a garden-access room. The garden is so splendidly maintained with shaded tables and chairs for working, a gazebo, plenty of bottled water, etc. It's practically an oasis.
-If you're into shopping, the store in the hotel itself has some really high quality, not exorbitant embroidered Kashmiri goods. I shopped all over the country for the Kashmiri coats & scarves, and wound up with my best purchases being here.
-If you want to wander out for some light afternoon browsing, the Raintree shopping complex is right over the ITC bridge - less than a two minute walk. Inside is a cute cafe with tasty pastries, Anokhi, Ritu Kumar, and some other higher end clothing & accessory shops.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your ITC Windsor, Bengaluru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Windsor, Bengaluru Hotel Bangalore
- The Windsor Hotel
- Itc Windsor Sheraton
- Windsor Bangalore
- Windsor Sheraton Hotel Bangalore
- Windsor Sheraton Bangalore