“Good Budget Hotel with High class amenities”
Review of Zone By The Park

Zone By The Park
Ranked #480 of 729 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Nice hotel at prime location. The food is good and price is average. Well maintained hotel overall but lacks some minute things that makes your stay peacefull. I would recommend this hotel to a friend with a advice to spend couple of minutes after check-in in talking to a room service about what they missed in there routine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for two days 17th and 18th February, 2013. The Hotel Manager Mr. Dixit is an absolutely incapable person and a big liar. The overall impression of the hotel comes down to bottom as you start interacting with their staff. The taxi charges for airport pickup and drop are exorbitant. It is advisable to book a cab through Quickcabs or any other professionals instead of these buggers. Also the food quality is much below expectations. The hotel staffers do manipulate bills and later on will not even show the bills being charged. I would never suggest this hotel for family. The room furniture and interior decoration is below any cheap hotel. The bed mattresses and linen were stinking. The hotel and staffers are in terrible condition. Please do not waste your money and time in such a hotel.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are in extremely bad shape
Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Brajesh23
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights in Feb 2013.It is reasonably priced and very centrally located and that was the reason i chose this one.
Maybe it was a good hotel few years ago, now it looks a bit run down (the rooms especially).
The furnishings are from its inception and they are worn out. The bathroom fixtures were falling apart , hence I asked to be moved to another room which they complied with. The service staff are hardworking but they pass the buck to their supervisors, which happened a few times , which goes on to show that they are really not committed. The front office staff are helpful , if they are not able to they pass it to the supervisor.
No wifi , but there is a business centre (store room with a single computer) which is occupied all the time.

It might be ok if you just want to stay for one night before u move on and on a budget.
Please don't go by the pictures.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Roadierodeo
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights over the weekend. The pros of the hotel: close to commercial street, hot water, nice breakfast, relatively helpful staff and good price. Cons, well Im not very picky but I have to say that the wall around the bathtub was very moldy; also there is not much to do in that street. And even though I walked on my own very early in the morning and at night I will definitively recommend taking a rickshaw, I said this because I was once walking from the hotel to a temple close by early in the morning and I had the “unwanted attention“ of 3-4 street dogs who turned out very territorial and aggressive, I ended up taking a rickshaw and fortunately on my way back they were gone. In regards to the room, the windows had a frost- like cover so you get sunlight but you can’t actually see what is outside; I think that they obstructed the view as what you will see from the room may be the back of another building (?).The wifi was not working but they had a computer and printer for public use. All in all for the price, location and breakfast I will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank silarem
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The room was good; however the toilet was not upto the mark as it appears to be old . The breakfast was average and the bread was stale. The service at the breakfast hall was very poor. Theyook time both at the time of checking-in and checking -out.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mohanarangan N
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel has a spacious lobby and restaurant, the first thing that you would notice at arrival.

I booked myself for a Superior Room (after I saw the pictures on various websites) coz it looked new. I even called the hotel to confirm it. Strange thing is, if you book the hotel through their own website it would cost you almost 12000 Rs, however booking through Make my Trip it was only for 5000 something for 3 nights. The staff at Front Desk seemed not interested to check-in and it was so evident that they're just doing their "job" and that's it.

The room is renovated, but only the bed area. And it seems its just that they have put a new bed, a higher head-board and LCD TV. That's it. Rooms are decent in size. The bathroom, however, is still the old one. So, when you're booking you see the picture of the room and it looks nice and you book it. Its only when you reach and see the bathroom you realize how bad it is. You need to stand in a dirty bath-tub to take shower, shower curtains are almost yellow.

The first room assigned to me had some leakage around WC and I asked to get my room changed in 5 mins of entering the room. I called the front desk staff. First thing he said was hotel is sold out, when I insisted, he said he will let me know (Of course they didn't call me back). 15 mins, no information so I decided to call him again, that's when they said "We're getting room ready for you and it takes time, you have to wait" That was quite rude of them. Anyway, eventually they moved me to a nearby room... which was just cleaned.

Next day when I dropped something near bed, I discovered a layer of dust, few tissue papers and some cheese-balls under bed. Also, the grouting at the bath tub had black deposits... While stepping out I clearly told housekeeping to clean under-bed and bathroom. On return, under-bed was still the same, bathroom was slightly better. Next day I left the room at around 1pm, on return at 9pm it wasn't clean. Very easily the staff said that my room was on DND. They just assumed it, and didn't notice that while leaving I changed it to Clean my Room. At 10 in night, 2 staff came and cleaned the room and wiped everything in bathroom with the towel. Oh yes, the bed is so noisy, that even if you lift your arm it will make noises

In terms of food, I think the hotel was fine. Breakfast was included in our package, and had a decent selection. Set Dosas were really nice, and so were the Idlis. Even room service food was quite fine as far as the taste is concerned. Though, the room service staff definitely needed shower. The body odour was enough to kill the appetite.

I would say, overall, the hotel is fine as a product... however staff needs to be more hospitable and need to do their job properly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank RaghavY
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Comfortable Stay, centrally located, cleanliness and service was good, round the clock hot water in washrooms, round the clock tea and coffee free service in room, would certainly say value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business