“A MUST in Banglaore”
Review of Escape Hotel & Spa

Escape Hotel & Spa
Ranked #163 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed September 19, 2013

As a newcomer to Bangalore I had no idea where to go or what to do but when a friend suggested I visit the rooftop restaurant Bricklane at Escape, I was sold.
The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly and made me feel very welcome and happy despite being on my own. I subsequently went for the the Sunday brunch which is fantastic. The food is delicious, varied and the setting so perfect, high atop the hustle and bustle of the city, that one wants to stay there all day!
The owners, brothers, whom I met the same day were so kind, helpful and inclusive, giving me advice about the city and kind invitations to stay and join their party and meet local Bangaloreans.
I have spent weekends staying at the hotel in great luxury and feeling very much at home. The rooms are beautifully designed and spacious with all the comforts one could hope for. On all the occasions I have stayed I have ended up extending my visit!
For me now, more settled in Bangalore, it still has a feel of a home away from home and the staff are particularly to thank for that. I will Definitely be recommending it to anyone I know visiting Bangalore, whether it is for a stay, a drink and bite to eat, a swim in the lovely rooftop pool or a session in the wonderful spa.
All in all, a MUST!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank taralaing
Escapehotel, Guest Relations Manager at Escape Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Tara,
Thank you for the great review, we really appreciate it!

I was a pleasure to have you here.

Our staff does its best to keep our guests comfortable and well taken care of. Sunday Brunch is always looked forward to as it is one of the most popular events that we host at Bricklane Grill.

All the rooms are well appointed and have been designed with comfort and perfection in mind. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience in our Manhattan themes room and hope that the next time you come back, you get to experience a differently themed room.

Congratulations on your new place and we look forward to having you with us to spend a weekend of relaxation!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had come across this hotel as a stumbling surprise when searching for places to stay in one of the busiest and popular lanes of Bangalore.A friend of mine asked me to check it out ,to see if its in my mid level budget or not. What drew me towards the hotel was not only its pricing but the beauty,spaciousness and simplicity of its rooms ;esp the ones that came attached with a balcony.An overall experience of staying in an english countryside home which i didn't want to walk out of!.. Their all round hospitable staff and not to forget the exotic 'Bricklane Grill',their roof top restaurant which gives a different ambiance in the day (scrumptious breakfast )and night (mouth watering grilled delicacies),like its two different places!.. I can no longer think of another place to stay while in the city,the hotel has spoilt me and made me addicted to it!

Room Tip: You are in good and able hands of hospitality and service;all room options are great;just book in ad...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2013

There is lot of attention to detail. Awesome, healthy food, staff is helpful, rooms are spacious and comfortable. More homely than most hotels. What else does one need? Give it a shot and you may want to come again and again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Escapehotel, Guest Relations Manager at Escape Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Raghav,

We at Escape work towards providing our guests with complete comfort with special attention to detail. We are so glad you felt at home with us as we strive to ensure every guest feels this way.
Our restaurant Bricklane Grill has great ambiance and a variety of food, and is an ideal way to enjoy the great Bangalore weather.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to everyone! We would love to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I visited with a group and we had a brilliant stay at Escape Hotel & Spa, I would thoroughly recommend it not just for the modern rooms and facilities but the location, on the corner of 100 foot road it's right near shopping and heaps of dining options. There is a grocery store across the road and banks on the street so it's really convenient.

Bricklane the on site restaurant is also a huge bonus, many people come from around Bangalore to dine here. The roof top terrace is amazing, such nice ambience whether it's dinner or the top notch breakfast which is also enjoyed out there every morning.

I found the staff to be exemplary, friendly and helpful. Because it's not a huge faceless hotel they know you by name and are genuinely interested in helping to make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible - this may sound like a hotel advert but really we had such a great time I can't recommend this place enough.

Wifi throughout the hotel was included in our stay which was another plus, other larger chain hotels will charge day by day for this.

Room Tip: If noise worries you ask for a room towards the back of the hotel and away from the main street. It...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank theitchyfeet
Escapehotel, Guest Relations Manager at Escape Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Amy,
It was a pleasure to have you and your colleagues at Escape Hotel & Spa! Hosting the team was insightful and very entertaining.
All our rooms are executive sized, modern and beautifully designed, all to make sure that our guests get the best experience possible. 100 feet road is the most happening area in Bangalore, and we are centrally located. With bars, restaurants and shops scattered around the hotel, it is a walk able distance from anything you might need during your stay!
Bricklane Grill, our rooftop restaurant is the ideal place for drinks with friends and family or an important client meeting. We strive to provide excellent food and servie with great ambiance. Our complimentary breakfast is a great way to start your day.
Our staff are all ready to help you with anything you need. Hard working and friendly, they are always here to lend a helping hand. We enjoyed having you here with us and definetly looking forward to seeing you again.
Thank you for such a great review!
See you soon!

Escape Hotel and Spa
A great place to stay in. The facilities they provide comes at the most unbelievable price. The food is outstanding. The staff are extremely hospitable and genuine. There are those places you feel like you are staying in a hotel and places where you feel like you are at home. This place has the warmth of home and the sophistication of a class hotel combined beautifully. What gives this feel is that the rooms and the hotel per se is designed to look classy but not gaudy. Its extremely comfortable but not lavish. The people there are an amazing lot.
The roof top restaurant gives you that Mediterranean feel. White tables and chairs, white pillars, white fence with a view of the blue pool below, green plants with white flowers and lamps all over. To me its the perfect setting.
You get free internet usage and the hotel is tied up with Golds gym that is literally the next building. If you feel like pampering yourself, visit the Spa.
Though I did get to know all the managers personally, I don't believe it would be fair in mentioning any names as I saw every single person put in so much effort to make my stay a memorable one. Most hotels serve you because they have to, here they serve because they want to.
You got to be here to believe it. Cheers...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Escapehotel, Guest Relations Manager at Escape Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Mr. Dwarak,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, we really appreciate it!

Our staff is always ready to help and are very friendly. We try and make your stay as warm and comfortable as possible. We are so glad you felt at home as that is exactly what the team at Escape strives to make every guest feel.

The rooms are designed with a lot of attention to detail, and every floor has a different theme to cater to different preferences of our guests.

The rooftop restaurant combines great ambiance with great food perfectly, with an option of grills and Parsi food, the variety is endless.

We are glad that you got to use all the facilities we offer, ranging from the spa to the gym next door.

We would love to have you back soon! Thank you for the wonderful pictures, they are beautiful.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My mother and I stayed here back in May 2013 and it was perfect. We were pretty exhausted (and my mother quite overwhelmed) from traveling in Rajasthan and the Escape was a wonderful oasis in busy Bangalore. The staff were all lovely and extremely accommodating to all of our requests. The hotel's Bricklane Grill on the roof is really a gem. I had been to dinner there before but having the included breakfast each morning up there was quite special as you watched the city wake up below. The food was fresh, very good, and the staff exceptionally friendly. We had stayed at another hotel in Bangalore at the beginning of my mother's trip and it did not even compare. For an excellent price, Escape has the quality of one of the luxury hotels in Bangalore but with a more modern, laid-back feel. I would absolutely recommend it!

Room Tip: Don't worry about the street side rooms - they are actually very quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ms. Emily Madsen,

Having you stay with us was an absolute pleasure, and we were happy to help with you and your mother's visit.

Our breakfast is complimentary with the room and we ensure a great start to your day with a sumptuous breakfast. We put a lot of effort into making fresh and delicious food for you, with the hot buffet. The cold buffet, has a variety of sweet bread and fruits for you to enjoy as well, while you sit in the great ambiance of the restaurant.

We assure you at Escape, we offer affordable luxury that gives you absolute value for your money.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and even though your mother is done with her trip around India, it would be a real pleasure to have you back one of these days!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Escape is in an awesome location right in the heart of Indiranagar. I have stayed there more than 10 times as a frequent visitor to Bangalore on business from New York. The location is really convenient whether I need to head towards UB City or Whitefield.

The rooms are very spacious with high ceilings, and are well furnished - the decor brushstrokes a wide palette from chic and Asian zen to to colonial charm; in fact they feel larger than many 5 star hotels I have recently stayed in, and they have all the amenities I need - a spacious and clean room with wifi; laundry and dry cleaning; good, healthy food at any hour; access to a gym. I don't have to waste time going through a long process to get to my room, be it a big driveway or big lobby. Everything is quick and convenient. The hotel even has a spa which is convenient and very good value for money.

The people are very chilled out and courteous. Laundry is always well done and prompt service is available. The Gold's gym next door is available at no extra charge. The Bricklane Grill on the rooftop is a very very charming restaurant full of healthy and delicious food options. I personally love the grilled meats and Parsi food. The staff is always friendly.

I came to know recently that the hotel was built, and is owned and run by a group of brothers that are very involved in every detail of the property and service. It is quite obvious that their care and attention makes this family run property a real value offering with a terrific personal touch.

Room Tip: Depending on the decor you want you can choose either New York contemporary, New England colonial or...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Dave ,

Thank you for your detailed review of the hotel, we really appreciate it!

Indiranagar is the happening place to be when in Bangalore. Centrally located we are about 15 minutes away from all the other major parts of town. Easily accessible and discreetly placed our hotel ensures that you have a great time, whether it is for business or a relaxed stay.

At Escape, the rooms are all executive sized and each floor has it’s very own theme. The second floor is English themed, the third has a Manhattan vibe and the forth is Oriental themed. Based on guest preferences we carefully profile and pick which rooms they would feel most comfortable in.

The reason why the rooms feel larger is that we don’t clutter our room with too much furniture, our rooms are well designed, clean and comfortable. Wi-fi, another added bonus, comes complimentary with the room as well, and ensures that wherever you are in the hotel, you stay connected.

We are glad to hear that you used all the facilities that we had to offer, and we appreciate the positive feedback!

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip from New York.