“Awesome”

Surayanarayana Temple
Ranked #26 of 343 things to do in Bengaluru
Reviewed June 22, 2014

it was a very devine experince for me to visit this place.feeling really awesome after the visit.recomend this to travellers.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This temple is hidden between the residential complex of domlur.

We happened to visit this temple by chance.

I must say, we were mesmerized by the Lord Suryanarayan's idol in the main temple.
Also the paintings done inside the temple are very good.

3  Thank Sil T
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went there on a afternoon with parents. Google map pretty much directed nicely to the place followed by instructions from some of the locals reached it. The temple is part of a Marriage hall area so there was ample parking. Was bit surprised to see initially as I expected something like ISKON.
The temple cleanliness is beyond questioning but thats ok, I have seen Bangalore temple always score top points on maintaining hygiene. The inner area beyond gopuram was pretty large. I sat in a bench on the sides as my spirituality engulfed my parents. Saw some guys crawling on floor and praying ... that must be very spiritual however such things always divert me from temples.

Kept sitting on the bench and a old lady came asking some details, had to give up my seat, there. Mom and dad were now half submerged in devotion. There was a small museum kind of area, mostly housing the personal collection of the trustee I guess. Had a good old fiat which I started checking out.

Went to the inner sanctum and the chanting started.. I squeezed into a corner. Parents got too emotional looking at all the Gods ... the priest chanted for fifteen minutes and gave me a banana... I was hungry and happy to get it :-).

By now mom was in full emo-spirituality state and told me to get her there on a early Saturday morning. Early Saturday morning, seriously? I decided to take them out.

All in all it was nice, clean and spiritual for those who can be but why is it the second best attraction in Bangalore? Much better things to do in Bangalore I believe.

6  Thank Satwik
Reviewed June 11, 2014

It was very close to my house when I was living in Bangalore and I used to visit most of the sundays in a month. It so clean. I have never seen any temple so well maintained. Any I used to have a very nice darshan everytime. God is so beautifully presented there. Even if a big queue is there, you can easily stand there because its so vibrant and peaceful. They give nice prasad also after darshan. Very very nice place. And people come from different part of Bangalore on sundays to have a darshan of God.

4  Thank AnishaSharma
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Such a clean,Peaceful place.very Divine feeling.Dont feel like coming soon from the temple because of the architecture en all.Even if there is a lot of Queue,I am sure you will enjoy the time spent there.
Not much words are needed to explain this Temple,Its worth to visit this place:)
The reach was not so good..But you will forget all once you are inside the temple!!

1  Thank vbhakti v