I do visit Malleshwaram atleast twice in a month, due to the easy availability of humongous Veg food options available.
But I must say, it is a very crowded place to travel on a weekend and the amount of time on road is too much. The value for money proposition, when it comes to foodies bring people to Malleshwaram.
As I am a very fond pani puri fan, I wander whole of bangalore for Pani Puri adda's and found amazing ones in Malleshwaram.
Mantri Mall to welcome you to Malleshwaram, Adigas to feed you, Various brands outide Mantri Mall to attract you open handed to shop and amazing restaurants to qwench your hunger for food.
* Dont be capped by just these. The speciality of place named after the famous ->Malleshwara temple is a must see.
* Malleshwaram market is a bit inside, but do search and go inside to experience the freshness in every vegetable, fruits or flowers you want to purchase.
* Famous CET cell is in 18th cross of Malleshwaram, (famous among all engg. and medical students all over karnataka).
* Further more, you'll find Ramamandira, which is one more amazing destination. All classical music lovers must visit during days like RamaNavami, Ganesha festival or Hanumajjayanti as there are amazing artist performing in this place.
* Further you have famous Sampige road and further IISC.
So all in all, you'll not be able to meander complete Malleshwaram in one evening :)