“Convenient and well-equipped”

Ranked #25 of 562 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Greenville, South Carolina
“Convenient and well-equipped”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Only had a few hours here due to an in transit stayover, but the rooms were well appointed and had all the essentials that one needed for travel. Very convenient to the Bangalore airport. My only suggestion is that the checkout process needs to be streamlined, it took a little longer than it should for the business traveler.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Retreat123, General Manager at Goldfinch Retreat, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is our privilege to always have you in Goldfinch Retreat .Thank you for taking time to review our hotel in the Trip Advisor community.

With Regard,

Mukesh.N.Keserker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Well they have to go long way to claim their stars.... Its in sprawling garden....
Room was furnished well but warm as they turn on their aircon only on your arrival...it takes time to cool the room... So I asked them can I go to the bar to have a beer while my room cools down at 10.30 pm. The man said the bar closes by 11 pm but they are already preparing to close, so have your beer in the room.
They have only one pint of beer in the mini bar but no glass or opener. I asked them to bring one more beer and the opener ... since the beer is brought in to my room its more expensive than the beer already in the minibar....
I requested for an adopter to use my computer, the man at no 3, replied yes he will look into it but I never heard from him....
I want to check my mails before going to bed ...my complementary WiFi will not work.... the man at no 3, said they are fixing the server and will call me once its fixed...I never heard from him...
Well appointed bathroom..... but poor drainage in the shower cubicle... when I opened my shower door after the the shower water from the shower base filled the bath room floor. Opened the window to get some fresh air inside... the window sill was never cleaned...
They do serve complimentary breakfast... huge restaurant... I was the only diner at 7 am. Good service ...but tasteless south Indian Breakfast...tea and the water melon fruit juice...equally tasteless... I wonder how they are awarded 4 stars???
I think I am very fussy and expects more...??????

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank amoga
Retreat123, General Manager at Goldfinch Retreat, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review us on Trip Advisor and for posting your feedback.

We have taken a note of your feedback regarding your experience during your last visit to the hotel and shared it with our team for necessary improvements.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Great Hotel, perfect setting, excellent team, warm people, lavish buffet, very economic ……
Don't think at all before booking your self at the Goldfinch. JUST BOOK IT :)

Its a great hotel in a great location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us during your recent visit to Bangalore and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We thank you once again for your generous feedback, do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Indore
Reviewed April 20, 2014

its a good property . Room charges can be reduced
must provide airport pick up and drop
no wash room is available on 2nd floor near conf room everyone has to come down on GF .
Over all its fine .
Food Quality is nice
there should be some space for personal meeting near reception .

Room Tip: pool side view rooms are good
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

It is our privilege to always have you in Goldfinch Retreat .Thank you for taking out time to post review about our hotel in Trip Advisor community.

Sivakasi, India
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A good resort near airport. Very neat & clean. We stayed in suite no. 206 overlooking pool. But it was not worth of Rs. 9000/- per day without lunch & dinner. Bathroom of our suite was medium. Bathtub was very ordinary & small. The breakfast, lunch & dinner buffet had lot of variety & good taste. Service was excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Retreat123, General Manager at Goldfinch Retreat, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is our privilege to always have you in Goldfinch Retreat .Thank you for taking out time to review about our hotel in Trip Advisor community.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were upgraded to a suite on the top floor overlooking the pool because we saud we did not like the view from our standard room and we were spending most of the day there before leaving early next morning for the airport. This room (206 I think) was very good and we made use of the chairs on the balcony. The swimming pool was cold and there are no loungers but ok for a quick dip. Lunch was good. The bar is ok. There was no buffet available for dinner as there were so few guests (it would have been good to know this in advance). There is quite a long wait for food as it is cooked fresh which is fine as the food is very good.
Wake-up call was on time and a small breakfast was sent up to the room at 4.00 a.m.
My agent had sorted the hotel out but I understand it costs 600 rupees one-way to or from airport which is very expensive as it is only 15 minutes away.
I would not like to stay there if there were a lot of guests as I think it would be noisy but for us as an over-night stop in transit it was very good and much better than staying in the city.

Room Tip: Corner suite on top floor overlooking pool (206) I think was very good but probably too expensive un...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Retreat123, General Manager at Goldfinch Retreat, responded to this review, April 7, 2014

New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 1, 2014

It was a last minute booking I made for my sister's family, who had to catch a flight from Bangalore International Airport the next day... The hotel reception gentleman was excellent in arranging the room as per requirements, over the phone. In the next 10 minutes my sister's family arrived. She was checked into their room within 5 minutes!

The service of the hotel was excellent.... and I would strongly recommend this hotel for all those people who value time, money and service! My sister's stay was wonderful and we give a 10/10 to this hotel!
Thank you Mr. Tilak (the person at hotel reception) for arranging everything to perfection!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ShilpaSinha
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are also grateful for your kind words and praise on the service levels of our team.

With Regards