“Business hotel with good standards”
Review of Citrus Bangalore

Citrus Bangalore
Ranked #50 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Its a nice business hotel located near the IT parks of Marathahalli and Sarjapura. Conveniently located on the outer ring road, this hotel is a modern hotel with all amenities except for a swimming pool.

The rooms are pretty nice with most amenites to business hotel standard. The service is great with the reception desk and room service quite efficient. A breakfast 'to go' was arranged on request on the day of check out since i had an early flight to catch. I found this really awesome.

The food is pretty nice with a wide choice.

The gym is well equipped and i had a good work out session.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
NitinBangalore, General Manager at Citrus Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a delight to have you stay with us. We also thank you for your encouraging feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to note that our rooms, services and other facilities were to your satisfaction. We ensure that none of our guest misses his breakfast as it is the most important meal of the day and we are delighted that we lived up to your expectations.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangalore.

There are newer reviews for Citrus Bangalore

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked for 5 days' of stay at Citrus, through make My Trip, from 8th to 12th Nov. There were a plenty of stuff , I got short-changed with. The specifics are: 1. At the time of checking in, I requested for late check-out on 13th; the Front office person Mt Latheef, said, they give 2 hours , 'by default', not more than that. I realised that the hotel would follow a set policy of rules, and proceeded to the Room. (by the way, saying about a rule is fine, saying the same thing with disdain is something else!)

2. My luggage came after 30 minutes (people who have seen Citrus, Bangalore, would agree 30 minutes is a long time!).

32. On the second day, my son visited me, and we were having lunch, when I realised I had not brought my cell-phone from the room. I sent my son to fetch the phone; he came back to say that the room was open, and the key does not work, either for locking or opening. We called the Manager Mr Jam. He took the key, came back after about 30 minutes, and said that he has set it right. When we asked what was the problem, he said there was some battery problem. I told him that the key is not working - it means I and my belongings were exposed to security risk, for last 2 days. He brushed it aside, and said he has seen to it that the key functions. I told him this is highly , and this must be reported to the police. As we were already done with the lunch, and were waiting for the check, we realised that they were not sending the check. When I asked for the check, Mr Jam said ' we won't charge for the lunch' (apparent response to my comment that I would report it to the police. I insisted on the check and signed it.

4. The bathroom supplies were so minimal. The bath gel etc were in tube-like small bottles, which one has to squeeze to get the gel out. One really had to struggle to squeeze the gel or hair cleanser out! This may be verified even now, without notice.

5. For 2 days, I ordered Dosa at breakfast, and requested to have it crisp. The dosas which I got, both the days, were soft and were at least quarter of an inch thick! When I pointed it out on the second day, the concerned person, waiting on me, said he would 'inform' the chef !! For tea, I requested for 'very hot' tea; what I got is below-warm tepid tea.

6. I had two small plastic bottles (empty) which i use for taking out with water, whenever I go out. On 12th, I found the bottles were missing. When I asked House-Keeping why the bottles were missing, the person concerned told that their rule is to clear all empty bottles. When I asked why these empty bottles were lying there for 4 days, and not thrown out, the House-Keeping Head had no answer.

7. On the day of checking out (I checked out one day before, even at the cost of losing a day's charges), I was charged for items, which I had not authorised under my signature. They took almost half-an-hour to settle the check.

8. I don't know of others. I would avoid staying in this hotel at any cost, in future.

Room Tip: I will avoid staying in this hotel at all costs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank amritbasu
NitinBangalore, General Manager at Citrus Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I can see from your comments that we were not able to live up to your expectations. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused owing to the above mentioned inadequacies and you having to spend considerable amount of time sharing your experience with our various management team members.

I am extremely concerned about your comments on responsiveness of front office team memeber and baggage handling, have taken it up very strongly and would ensure the same is not repeated in future.

We have tried to put the best of the security systems in place, which are being tested and verified by different competent agencies time and again. Electonic keys for guest rooms are one of them. The door lock battery went out of order and was replaced on your complaint. We take full responsibilty of guest security and belongings and by no means we risk anything related to security of our guests and other associates.

I have briefed our housekeeping to be more vigilant and careful while placing the room amenities. Would also ensure stict adherence to the process of cleaning rooms, however sincere apologies for not meeting up your expectations.

I have also briefed our Chef in Charge about your comments on Dosa and Tea.

I would greatly appreciate if you could elaborate on the inadequacies here by writing to me at nitin.pathak@citrushotels.in this would help us in improvising the check out experience.

In conclusion, we are committed to understanding and ensuring the comfort of our guests, and strive to resolve any concerns that may arise during their stay with us or thereafter. It is our goal to make every guest experience positively memorable and look forward to the prospects of future opportunities that allow us to do so.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good Comfortable rooms.
Hospitable Staff.
Good Service.
I had to catch a very early flight and hence checked out at 3:45 AM. They still ensured i don't miss-out on my breakfast and hence kept my breakfast packed that early in the morning during my checkout.....

Room Tip: If you are traveling to bangalore and are looking out for a comfortable and hassle free stay then th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
NitinBangalore, General Manager at Citrus Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Citrus Bangalore for your stay. We are grateful to you for having spared a few moments to share your experience and appreciation of our product and services.

We are pleased to note that our facilities were to your satisfaction.

We value your support and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am about to check out of this hotel....i dont think i will risk coming back again here. First the good stuff i wont fault the staff they were very nice and more than made up for everything i talk about hereon. The place is a maintainence nightmare...when i checked in there was a power outage with the generator too out and i was told it would be fixed in half an hour...it took 2 hours and meanwhile my cell phone ran out of charge there was no net connectivity...i went back to the dark ages. I even understand this as it was an unanticipated outage but everything that followed failed one after the other....the free internet wireless connection did not work...the staff gave me coupons instead, my hot water after running it for five minutes in the morning did not work i finally gave up and bathed in cold water, from the black pepper dispenser, the bread toaster the hot milk dispenser and now the on and off internet(i hope i can sucessfully post this) The place might as well be an inn in the middle ages in terms of technology anyways everything barely works...you get a nice bed to sleep in and people trying hard to please you. I will think hard before going to another citrus hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
NitinBangalore, General Manager at Citrus Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and posting a review on our hotel and its services. We appreciate your comments on staff, however I can see from your comments that we were not able to live up to your expectations especially in terms of maintenance related services.

About a month back, because of heavey power fluctuation in the area, our Moulded Case Circuit Breaker (MCCB) conked off, we got it replaced however as a routine preventive maintenance there was the need of servicing bus coupler and other electical units. The entire process needed an hours shut down but it took more than the expected time. The Property Maintenance System (PMS) also went down resulting in loss of wi-fi connectivity with user name and password. We tried to replace the usernames with coupans but I believe it didn't helped.

Citrus Bangalore is a new property and we are in a process of changing/modifying certain services/product as per international standards. The hot water takes some time to flow through the guest washrooms and to resolve the issue we are in a process of insulating hot water pipes to minimize heat loss. The same would be completed in next few days. I have also taken it up with all concerned about the other equipments you have mentioned and would ensure to have them corrected as soon as possible.

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for not giving you the high standard of hospitality and product which is the general norm of our hotel. While your Citrus experience is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse, we apologize for the inconvenience and annoyance those incidents caused.

While I can fully understand that this might have marred your impression of Citrus Hotels, please allow me to assure you that this represents a departure from our normal standards of service and we would greatly appreciate an opportunity to correct your perception. Please write to me at nitin.pathak@citrushotels.in as I would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence in us. I look forward to hearing from you and in the interim; we remain at your service.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

May I say, delighted is a small word to show my happiness, of my stay at Citrus?

Ohh Yeah! You'll be swept off your land from the Check-in, to the awesome food, skylit buffet and the superb service.

I just returned from my one day stay in the hotel and I truely adore the level of hospitality , professionalism and the staff's personalization with the guests.
* Food spread in buffet in the breakfast and lunch was amazing.
* Food was outright delicious and yummy.
* Presentation of the food was amazingly done.
* Special mention of the floor manager Pankaj, whose hospitality and follow ups in BISO restaurant was superb. Thanks Pankaj!
* Room service when called front desk was very swift.
* Rooms were tidy.

I am giving a 4 star coz of reasons like,
* King size bed was not sufficiently accommodative for 2.
* No hot water in the shower and wash basin - was overcome by 2 buckets hot water, but cant overcome the urge to bathe in shower.
* Power cut in full hotel premises, though was let know that it was due to Electricity board. Come on guys! This can be overcome by a generator or a UPS.
* At-least lift should be backed by an UPS as we had to climb 5 floors from gym.

I am sure to return to the hotel again as issues were almost taken good care off!

Room Tip: Make sure to check hot water at the time of check-in
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
NitinBangalore, General Manager at Citrus Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

It’s a great feeling to read our elite guest’s detailed feedback regarding our product and services whilst our constant endeavors to make your stay a pleasant one. I sincerely appreciate your effort for the time spent to do the same. This only gives us an opportunity to make sure that every area / venue at the hotel is perfect and strives to reach the highest levels of satisfaction through its service.

Your feedback has been shared with our entire team, and they are delighted to know that they have lived up and exceeded your expectations in making your stay here, a memorable experience. They thank you for this generous feedback.

We had problems with power fluctuation in the Outer Ring Area, resulting in failure of Moulded Case Circuit Breaker (MCCB) at our hotel. The services like generator, UPS, hot water, lifts, etc. were hugely affected and caused discomfort to you and other guests for one day. We tried our best to replace the possible services however I sincerely apologize as it was one of the rare incidents and hope this discomfort would not diminish your opinion about Citrus Bangalore.

I sincerely hope that our distinctive service will persuade you to stay at our properties of Citrus Hotels in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back at Citrus Bangalore sometime soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Arrived in town on short notice and the front desk was happy to provide a reservation. I was greeted when I arrive with smiles and welcome drink. FOM & his team assisted me to get the booking & good services. The property was small but amazing. My room was neat and clean and specious.

I enjoyed breakfast in the morning and it was fantastic.

Awesome experience with great service and amazing food at the same time...the location was very good. The ambience of the hotel was good and the staffs were very helpful especially Sagar & Hari at front desk ….great job guys...keep it up...will definitely stay in this hotel when i come to Bangalore next.....

Overall the staff was great! and I enjoyed my stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
NitinBangalore, General Manager at Citrus Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

It’s a great feeling to read our elite guest’s detailed feedback regarding our product and services whilst our constant endeavors to make your stay a pleasant one. I sincerely appreciate your effort for the time spent to do the same. We are pleased to note that our facilities, were to your satisfaction.

It gives me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with the entire team - the team will truly appreciate your generous compliments. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very good service, rooms and food. I spend quite a bit of time in India on business and this is a good place to stay on the south east side of town. Close to shopping, food and cinemas. many local shops to visit. Easy in/out with a car.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
NitinBangalore, General Manager at Citrus Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

My team and I look forward to welcome you back soon to Citrus Bangalore.