“Well designed, and sufficient”

Hotel Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road
Ranked #56 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Noamundi Tisco Mines, Jharkhand, India
“Well designed, and sufficient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just was there for a couple of days on a personal trip. Booked it through makemytrip.com at a decent package for 3 nights but got confused between the hosur road and the techpark srr complex hotels. However on arrival, i requested for a transfer of booking to the other hotel, but after duly consulting with some senior, the receptionist denied any such possibility. But with a smile. Reception was spacious, was warm well lit. And people at the front desk were well-informed about the policies. Rooms were spacious, I booked a standard room and the view from my room was splendid at night (it overlooked the highway). Food was good, slightly overpriced in my opinion but they could allow different prices for different food items (now, a chicken kathi roll and a chicken tikka with paratha, both cannot possibly cost ₹475). The rooms were very clean, and you would not find unnecessary wiring anywhere, cleverly designed, all the controls were easily identifiable, be it the study lamp or the washroom flushes and showers. And yes, the washroom isnt large and spacious (not in the standard room at least) but is just right; unless you have a habit of dancing in the shower, you shall fit in well and come out satisfied. Water runs perfectly fine all the time. Apart from the in-room dining prices of items, i believe its got to be better than a few 5-star hotels i have been in. Well-balanced and well maintained... perfect for a business trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Rcherian, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Sailesh,

Greetings from ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road!!!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you were denied to transfer your booking to the ibis Techpark, the reason being even though both are ibis hotels but it is completely with two different management and moreover they are always priced on higher side due to the market.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel while you are in Bangalore.

Rubin Cherian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Wherever I go, I rate no-frills budget hotels by 2 criteria- clean bed linen and clean bathroom. In this framework the IBIS Bengaluru Hosur Road fares very well. The hotel rooms have the standard IBIS layout with the raised semicircular bathroom jutting out into the room. It was exactly the same layout as the IBIS airport hotel in Paris where I was put up for a couple of nights in November last year. One added advantage to the standard IBIS offering is that they offered room service in the rooms which for me is a huge advantage. The common areas of the hotel are also clean, the wifi had good connectivity, the food was good (including the buffet breakfast- no orange juice though) and the general ambience was good.
That being said I also have to share some of the minus points from the whole experience. Checking-in took a while- there was a problem with the printer/ photo-copier and we had to wait a little longer than usual- this in itself wasn't a deal breaker but added with some of the other points (described below) brought the rating down from a Very Good to an Average.
There was no toilet roll in the room - we had to call to ask them to replenish this. The room service menu said that water would be served with every order, however this was forgotten and when I called back to ask for it the person at the other end could not understand English.
We had asked front desk to arrange a car, reception told us it was ready and that we could go down- but when we went down we had to wait for nearly 20 minutes before the car actually turned up (actually it had turned up earlier but by the time we identified it as ours it took 20 minutes- no coordination between hotel staff). During checkout the duty manager kept using my credit card on a machine which kept saying transaction declined. Instead of using the card on another machine (where it finally worked), she kept asking for another card repeatedly which completely stressed me out. Little experiences are what makes up for a great stay- in that the IBIS Hosur Road was a bit of a let-down.
But for the price you pay I guess it is as good as it gets.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sukanya,

Greetings from ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road!!!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I have noted all your feedback and I truely appreciate your concern on the same. I will take this up with my team and please rest assured that the issues are given highest priority.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We had travelled to Bengaluru for an official assignment and choose to stay at Hotel Ibis. The rooms are quite spacious and clean. The Location is very peaceful and the staff is well trained. The food is awesome and interior is also quite good. Overall a good experience

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rcherian, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road, responded to this review, March 17, 2014

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I got the opportunity to spend three nights at Ibis Hotel and I have to say the experience there was memorable. Nice rooms, excellent ambience, superb cuisine, great service and all this at a value for money rates. The only observation is that they do not give newspaper in the room which I found was a little odd. The distance from the Airport also makes it inconvenient especially if you have to catch an early morning flight. Overall recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Greetings from ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road!!!

I completely agree to your comment for newspaper, however as per the brand standard for ibis newspapers are available at the public areas and not in rooms.

Coventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My colleagues and I were booked in the Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road for two nights
However on checking in discovered it had been reduced to just the one night. Somewhat of a surprise. Even more surprising was that the reception staff offered no assistance in re-locating us and we were left with having to find out own accommodation.
This place is not a quality establishment – The bedroom being very basic and the bathroom a plastic moulding.
Evening meal in the restaurant (more like a school canteen) was a poor choice from the a la carte or from a buffet. Looking for quick meal we chose the buffet. Bad choice! Most of the dishes were down to the dregs, dried out and tasteless. There seemed to be no great desire by the kitchen staff to replace or top up any of the dishes either.
Breakfast food wise was a marginal improvement. The main problem here was finding somewhere to sit and eat it, the place being inundated with students.
The only saving grace I can think of for this Ibis hotel is that there was a goodly supply of Kingfisher beer in the bar at a reasonable rice, If you could find one of the staff to serve it.
But still not a good enough reason for me to ever want to re-visit this poor quality establishment.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ME&ERR
Rcherian, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road, responded to this review, March 5, 2014

Greetings from ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road!!!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road. I am sorry that your guest's experience did not meet the expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

It is always disappointing to hear of our failures and particularly embarrassing for myself to learn that our systems and people failed to deliver on this occasion.

May I request you to please provide your Full name along with the dates booked with us to investigate further. Email id is H6963-FO@accor.com. Please allow me a day or two after I receive the details and will come back to you on the same.

Hyderabad, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I booked a room for a night stay through online site and received a confirmation no I11-0QOT. confirming room reservation forn 9th -10th feb. The breakfast was complimentary with the package. I made the reservation for my inlaws who are senior citizen and were visiting banaglore for a family event.
They carried the hard copy of the reservation. On their arrival the reception staff denied about any such reservation. When I spoke to them on the reason for reservation not made inspite of the online confirmation..they did not had any response. Finally they agreed to arrange for a room for a night and it took them an hour to allot room no 618. the room was small and did not had any menu card or service catalogue, the water was running low and no toiltories were available in wash room. Many calls were made by senior couple to the reception went in vain. The next morning they were informed that the complimentary breakfast was not part of their package and they still paid the price as per the package.
I do not have words to express my dissappointment for this kind of service levels from such a brand. There was never an apology or attempt to review the concerns raised. The IBIS site does not have the details or the mail ids of the concerned staff from management to deal with customer feedback. I tries using the feedback forum which has got standard 5 sections to send a query. hope IBIS makes a note and does take some action.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 618
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank R K
Rcherian, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road, responded to this review, February 16, 2014

Blore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

I booked through the hotel website.The Hotel is new, well trained staff,clean room,Wide spread buffet Clean linen,Good Connectivity.Average Food.
Elegant interior Vibrant color combos,Excellent lighting
A best place to stay for your business trips

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rcherian, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road, responded to this review, February 9, 2014