“A perfect budget retreat, especially when you need to only a quick night's sleep.”

Hotel Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road
Ranked #60 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Hyderabad - Chennai
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I checked into this hotel recently - choosing it more by its brand and its location. I wasn't too concerned about the bells and whistles as I was going to spend less than 8 hours of the night there. All I needed is an efficient check-in and check out. I got that indeed and was impressed by the way the hotel is designed for efficiency everywhere. The staff was quite young and very friendly and efficient. The room is spacious even by Ibis and Bangalore standards. One of the best value-for-money hotels in Bangalore definitely.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ajay S, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
A0000020D50ddf

Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you choose our Hotel by brand recognition and mostly for me that we were able to meet your expectations at the hotel. At ibis, this is what we try to achieve as a Brand; value price at smart, efficient, friendly and comfortable stay.

FYI, we also have ibis hotels in other cities like Nashik, Gurgaon, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Pune and soon to open at Delhi Airport and Jaipur.

I look forward to welcoming back to the hotel.

Ajay Sampige

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Long Beach
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The staff were exceptional. from housekeeping, to reception to dining to guest services, they were exceptional in the level of service we received. The hotel is modern, new, clean and great. Thanks for a good stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing your stay at ibis Bengaluru Hosur road!

We appreciate you sharing this comment in this open forum, as a team we are happy that we were able to meet all your requirements. Feedback like this make our team to strive better.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

General Manger
Nagpur, India
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Very small congested rooms and extremely compact washroom that look more like an airplane's restroom! The beds are smaller and the TV has really a very few channels!! But if you are on business purpose, then this is the perfect place to be. Fast check-in, sparkling clean rooms, thanks to the very efficient house keeping staff. The restaurant is very mediocre, the portions are small, badly done and over-priced. Even the breakfast buffet is very repetitive. Can be a disaster to land up into if travelling with family.

Upsides :- Fast check-in/ check-out even at odd hours, Very clean and Nearby areas like kormangla.

Downsides :- Room service at per item extra charge basis, Congested rooms, Bad food at the restaurant, Too far from airport

Overall, a decent place to be in if you know what you exactly want from a stay!

Happy Travelling!! :-)

Room Tip: Choose the ones facing the highway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ajay S, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at ibis Bengaluru Hosur road.
Appreciate your comment on our fast check-in and sparkling clean rooms, this motivates our staff to this efficiently and consistently.
At Ibis, we believe in delivery quality at a very affordable price with no compromise in our offerings. Having said that, we have fallen short of your expectation this time with our breakfast buffet, we have taken all measures to ensure that the quality is maintained.
I hope you will be able to see this change on your next visit to the hotel.
Hong Kong
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Arrived at an awful time of 3 am, receptions on L level so you need to take a lift, check in was fast, the duty manager came out and chatted with me while the reception staff was taking my details, very friendly guy even at 3 am.

Was assigned room 404 and when I got out of the lift it states "NON-SMOKING FLOOR", got to the room door and there is a no smoking logo as well, went into the room and there is an ash tray as I requested a smoking room, was a bit confused if I was given a wrong room but it was late so didnt care.

The room was spot less, very new, bed was comfortable, has a safe in the wardrobe, toilet was very clean and spacey looking to it, like a capsule.

Extra pillow in the wardrobe as well, 24 hour room service, 2 bottles of free water, empty fridge (mini bar), LCD tv with many channels to choose from.

Bathroom provides hair/shower gel and a hair dryer, apart from that there is nothing so bring your own toiletries.

Only concern I had with the bathroom was the shower doors, it was 2 glass doors but where the handle should be was 2 holes, it seems that is the design but what the designer didnt factor in is that while taking a shower, the water goes through the holes and makes the toilet wet.

Breakfast is geared towards Locals but you can still get sausages, beans, toast, eggs the way you want it and coffee / juice so it didnt bother me.

Even though it was a 1 night stay only, I did very much like the hotel and set up, you get what you pay usually but for the value I was paying I was very impressed and wouldnt think twice staying here again.

My room faced the highway but I rarely heard the normal Beep Beep Beep you hear from vehicles every few seconds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr Wangtshuk,

Many thanks for writing in detail of your experiences of the hotel and services. I see that whilst you have mostly appreciated your stay here, you also have some valuable feedback for us to improve on. I have taken this seriously and implemented changes to affect this.

Jointly with our owners, Interglobe Hotels, we at Ibis also take pride in our physical aspects of the hotel, eg. as you mentioned about the no beep noise from outside, one of main reason is because the windows are double glazed. I am glad that this has made your stay comfortable.

Thanks once again and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a Basic no frills hotel, just to park yourself for the night. It is away from the city on the Hossur Road, good for people who has engagements in the electronic city. The check in is fast and they will take the card and will block the amount of stay (taxes included) and other incidental charges. You can ask not to block for incidental charges which in my case they agreed. Just in case you fail to pay later or you run out of credit. You have the option of smoking or no smoking room. Though it’s just on the main road still you will not find any noise.
The rooms are clean and have a good bed to throw yourself after a hard day's work. There will be no news paper in the morning (in case you want to read, go to the lobby and read it there in your boxers). There is only complimentary 500 ml water. It is suggested to carry some water before check in. The breakfast spread is decent. The "always connected" people will have nonstop wifi access at a decent speed. This comes as a blessing as the GSM 3G or CDMA HSIA signals are weak in that area. If you plan to do a gangman style in the bathroom, be careful. The wash basin soap is “Made in China”. The TV channels are well selected and the sequence is appreciated looking into the business traveler’s need.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sudip,

Firstly, I thank you for taking time in writing your experience at ibis Hosur road. I am glad that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed most of our services at the hotel. We try and endeavor highest level of standards and services at ibis. The bathroom amenities in our rooms are Eco friendly soap/gel, which is also our global standard at ibis worldwide.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Hosur road on your next visit.
Jaipur, India
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Ib is met all my expectations - the location was allright for me but guests must find out if
the location is convenient for them. I found out that the breakfast buffet is meeting more Indians' than Europeans' taste. Staff very friendly. Only negative remark: the cab is too expensive - I paid 830 RP for the 54 km with an airport taxi and nearly 500 for a few kilometers to meet my friendsfwith the hotel cab..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing ibis Hosur road. I am happy that we were able to meet all your expectation. With our breakfast offerings, we try to meet most of our guest’s expectation. Our breakfast choice varies daily with Indian and European foods, we also have live kitchen where we cook to order eggs, pancakes, waffles etc. Nevertheless, we have taken your comments for consideration.
I look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Hosur road on your next visit.
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed twice in this hotel during the month of October 2012 when I was in Bangalore for official purposes.. Both the stays were pleasant. In fact, I had asked my company to cancel my existing reservation and book me in this hotel for my second stay.

Rooms: The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The service is also very prompt - I had to call housekeeping for a couple of minor issues (eg: remote not working) and they responded within 2 minutes.

Food: The breakfast buffet is more than adequate. The dinner menu is also pretty good (again - I am speaking from a business traveler perspective).

The hotel was also very accommodating of my requests. For example, I had reached Bangalore at 10:30 PM and since I would reach the hotel only by 11:30 PM I called to see if I could order dinner. They accepted my order (even though I had not yet checked in) and by the time I reached the hotel; my dinner was ready. Such gestures really helped me. Thanks to the management for the same.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank GopiramR
Ajay S, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Mr Gopiram,

Firstly, thankyou for choosing Ibis Hosur road as your preferred hotel to stay whilst in Bangalore.

It is always nice to hear positive feedback which serve as an encouragement to our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our product and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.