“Likable stay”

Ranked #29 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
New Delhi, India
“Likable stay”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Taj Vivanta;-At this sleek, modern branch of the small Apex chain near the industrial Town of Bengaluru, bedrooms are reasonably spacious, with contemporary color schemes and comfortable sofas and desks that make life easier for the traveler. The restaurant on Lobby level serves very lavish food.. It's worth checking out the website for good package deals and special offers, especially in the off season. The Hotel is highly recommended for the services it provides for the price

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rajatsneh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Turkish first
Ludhiana
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Vivanta by TAJ, Yeshwantpur, Bangalore and it was a very pleasant experience. The room allotted to us was facing the swimming pool, though we could not spend time at the window due to rushed schedule. The view was fantastic. the crickling of the quilts was very pleasant and overall experience was excellent. The staff very courteous and the Booking manager, who took our booking on the phone was very accommodating and courteous too.

Room Tip: Try and get the rooms which are at the back - these face the swimming pool and are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bizedesor
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was at Taj Vivanta Yeswantpur last week for 3 days, as soon as I checked in they made me carry my baggage to my room, show how "Guest Friendly this hotel is", I have visited so many hotels in India and other parts of the world, you normally have someone escort you to your room, no one came here. Moreover once I reached my room on one of the topmost floors the smart key did not work, I was all alone on the corridor, luckily I had saved the hotel telephone number on my mobile, I called on them on several occasions and the answer I got is I will send some one soon, I was waiting on the guest corridor for around 20 minutes, imagine sweating after a tiring air journey and also from the Benagluru airport to this hotel which is so far, I was really upset and called the operator and told me to connect to reception couple of times only then did they send someone with a new smart key to open my room. This was a horrific experience. And they have very sloppy staff, really slobs!!. The guest room on the inside has several new gizmos in terms of electrical sockets, master switches etc. you have to figure it out on your own as no staff comes to explain this to you.

After Checking out the reception attendent was not able to give my bill saying the computer is down which I just cannot understand, supposedly a 5 star hotel, as I had to catch my flight I paid the money in cash and had to leave. So I really had two bad experiences at this hotel.

Your sleep also gets disturbed as the hotel crew makes plenty of noise on the corridors.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank cgoscar
Pondicherry, India
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last month , the reason to choose this hotel was its proximity to Columbia Asia hospital ... From the minute we checkedin it we weren't disappointed by the appearance of the hotel .staff as usual taj style were very courteous ..rooms are out this world ,very high tech ..superb layout of the room n very modern ...

We weren't able to charge our phone there n the staff made sure we got the charger ... Very impressed with the service and response of the staff ... Kudos to all of you ... Keep up the good work ,,, would love to stay again if the opportunity were to arise ...

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank preeti a
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

It was generally a modern, clean hotel but far from the main city. Had stayed here for a friend's wedding a couple of days. My only comment is that the bathroom toiletries were very poor - could use some improvement there. The staff was generally very nice and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Quiet_Traveller1
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was in Bangalore for a Business trip and Vivanta by Taj Yeshwantpur turned out to be an excellent choice for the stay.This was my second visit to the hotel and I have started loving it.The rooms are decently furnished and uniquely styled.The restaurant on Lobby level serves very tasty food .The spread of buffet is lovely,the staff is too helpful.
It is a sigh of relief in now very congested Bangalore.

Room Tip: "Higher floors have better view"
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ravi050
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My Experience and comments:

1. Room was of the the optimum size, with a work desk and a well equipped bathroom with all the latest amenities.
2. The service and the support staff were just brilliant. They were omni-present and were very prompt. On a couple of occasions they preempted my requirements well in time!
3. We had a small conference and the facilities including the room were very good. The only drawback was that the lights were not sufficient which sometimes gave the room a slightly gloomy appearance.
4. The food was good, however, it can improve. The breakfast menu on all the 3 days was by an large the same and the options were also sort of limited.

All in all an excellent stay in Bangalore and would love to go back and stay there during my next visit.

Room Tip: You must look for a room above the 5th floor, as the view from higher up is very very good!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business