“Awesome Oriental food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rim Naam

Rim Naam
Ranked #21 of 10,808 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bangalore
“Awesome Oriental food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Super Ambience + excellent service !!
Mosquito repellent smoke was a turn off though . Great place to celebrate a special occasion with family

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Rim Naam, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor.

It was our pleasure to be of service to you. We are happy to note that our food, service and ambiance were to your satisfaction

I have conveyed your compliments to the Rim team for whom it has been a great source of inspiration.

Whilst apologising sincerely for the inconvenience caused from the mosquito repellent smoke, please may I assure you that we have noted your feedback and shall relook at alternate process.

The team and I look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to your family and you.

• Arabic first
“Best thai in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I would rate this on two things one for the ambiance , two for the food. The food is really good . I would say its one of the best Indian Thai in town. The customer service is fantastic . The portions are just enough & staff is very friendly .

Me & my wife are regular visitors . I would definitely recommend this place to others

Visited September 2013
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Rim Naam, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a delight to have your wife and you dine with us at Rim Naam.

The team and I thank you for taking time to sharing your dining experience with the Trip Advisor Community.

We are happy to note that you found our food the best in Bangalore. We are also grateful for your kind words of appreciation on our service.

We appreciate your support and patronage and look forward to having many more opportunities to be of service to you both.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com
Chicago
“Ants and bugs on the tables and an upset stomach”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I were in India on a two week vacation during which we ate at many restaurants (many of which were far less reputed than Rim Naam) across many towns and cities. We decided to go to Rim Naam with our relatives to celebrate on the last day of my trip. The first table we were offered had ants crawling all over it- I don't mean the occasional ant- there was a line of ants walking across the table (this is understandable for a run in the mill out door restaurant but not something I would expect from an Oberoi). There was an unidentified bug near me at the second table which left a blood stain on my napkin when i tried to squash it (so it was presumably a blood sucker). We ordered a vegetarian meal (so no dodgy sea food etc). The food a bit too spicy- the wait staff should ask the customers for preference of spice level instead of assuming that everyone can handle their "normal" spice level- I am of Indian origin and in general can eat pretty spicy food). I ended up with a very bad stomach and diarrhea that last through my 24 hour flight and for a couple of days after i reached home (despite taking 4 immodiums during this period). A couple of my local relatives landed up with diarrhea as well. I am very disappointed at the level of cleanliness (ants and bugs) and (presumably) hygiene at a restaurant that is rated #3 in Bangalore :-(. The one positive thing was that the staff presented me with a cake for the occasion.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Rim Naam, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I would like to apologise most sincerely for the way your dining experience was handled. I have no excuses to offer, but certainly believe that we have failed to provide you the service expected of us. As you mentioned, I do agree, this is definitely not the Oberoi standard. May I please assure you that I have taken up your concerns with the team and we have strived to put in place necessary systems and procedures to avoid such future recurrence.

We have re-strengthened the process of pest control sanitization in all our areas. We have introduced more number of citronella candles and mosquito repellants in the area.

The service team has been trained thoroughly to check spice preferences for all the guests at the time of taking the order.

Please also allow me to reassure you that we strive for very strict hygiene levels in all the areas. All internal procedures have been re-emphasized with the team to ensure high standards are maintained throughout.

I request you to please treat this incident as non-representative of the Oberoi experience and give us another opportunity to make amends.

Please may I also request you to provide us your contact details to enable us get in touch with you.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com
Bengaluru, India
“Excellent Sunday Brunch !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of the best Sunday brunch in Bangalore. You can choose to sit at Le Jardin which is indoor or at Rim Naam which is an outdoor restaurant. They serve a common buffet. We were at Rim Naam. The ambience is good.. set amidst a lawn and bamboo grove.. on a wooden platform with tiled roof and water around.. best suited for casual dining.... they also have a play area for kids..

The Variety and Quality of food is brilliant... cuisine from all over - indian, thai, japanese, chinese, mediterranean, continental.. chicken, pork and an abundance of seafood... a wide range of salads n cold cuts, kababs, made-to-order pasta n loads of desserts.. the vegetarian options did seem a little limited though !

Alcohol : you can choose to have no alcohol (fruit juices/ mocktails) or sparkling wine (wine, cocktails) or champagne (champagne/wine/cocktails).

The staff are very friendly and the service is excellent.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Rim Naam, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review on Trip Advisor.

We are indeed grateful for this feedback.

I have conveyed your compliments to the service team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The chefs were also delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Whilst thanking you for your feedback on our vegetarian menu, please allow me to assure you that the same has been shared with the our Executive Chef and we do hope to surpass your expectations when you visit us next.

The team and I are grateful for your patronage and look forward to your continued support.

“Amazing Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

the thai food is really good here, its a open restaurant surrounded by a little water body and garden. The staffs are courteous and food is delicious.
Price is a tough thing here as the dishes are priced way above.
Rs 6000 for an avg meal of two without drinks.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I have conveyed your compliments to the Rim Naam chefs for whom it has been a great source of inspiration.

We have noted your comments on our rates and would like to thank you for sharing this feedback.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.