“2 stars - one for the service, one for the location.”

Park Plaza Bengaluru
Ranked #54 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just avoid it unless your office/visiting place is nearby. That's as simple as that. I've stayed for 5 days and I still regret staying at this hotel.

Seems they are in a cost cutting mode so there is no air conditioning in walkways or lobby area. I can accept that some what.
Worst, this appears to be the same in rooms. The very first night, when I entered the room after a 18 hours flight journey, felt like we're in death valley during mid summer day. It took few phone calls, visit from service staff, and two hours to make the room feels like normal. By the way not cold enough for a tight sleep but normal room temp.

the strange smell from the carpet (??) is quite bad too. Added to that many of the standard in-room equipment were in a bad shape. e.g iron box; weighing scale, hot flask.

Hotel infra is good, location is good, it's clean and appears to be safe; the folks are very responsive but it's a disaster when it can't offer me a good sleep. & good service doesnt help too. Quality hotel is the one where I don't have to call the support desk.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank srikrishnak
There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Bengaluru

Reviewed March 28, 2013

On my most recent trip to India I decided to switch hotels to be closer to my office. The Park Plaza is a solid choice for the area, and the higher end hotel selection on the east side of Outer Ring Road are relatively limited. The room was nice, I chose a Junior Suite for some extra room and it was a nice selection compared to the run of house rooms. The food was excellent and the included breakfast was a great way to start the day.

I was facing ORR on the front side of the building, so if you aren't used to constant vehicle noise, you might want to bring some ear plugs. The building is deep, so you can also request a room away from the road. The windows have black out blinds so there isn't an issue with ambient light.

My only gripes would focus around customer service and water. The room started with two bottles of water and during the week is dropped to one bottle a day. I tried to call the front desk one night for another bottle of water and no one answered after 20 rings, that is rather odd service for a hotel like this.

Similar customer service issue was that bottled water is not included for breakfast. They asked me to pay 100 Rupees for a bottle at breakfast. That's only 2 dollars approximately, but at this level of hotel I expect bottled water to be included with the complimentary breakfast for the rate I was paying. Both of these complaints are minor and easily fixed so I wouldn't hesitate to return on business again.

1  Thank CincyLonghorns
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I found my stay to be extremely pleasant, the staff is extremely hospitable> food at shao was excellent. the room has a great decor and ambiance which i never came across before whenever i traveled. i will be recommending this hotel to my company as this is the best in the region and also very closer to my office, which make my travel time less. also during the weekend the spa offers a lot of discounted rate. the swimming pool was very relaxing and the service boys at the pool bar are very helpful.Overall a great stay

Room Tip: high floor room
1  Thank Prabhu559
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We chose Park Plaza for celebrating our Maiden Wedding Anniversary stay and it was the best decision taken. With Sprawling corridors , Tastefully done interiors , Warm and friendly staff , cozy ,well furnished rooms, the place really makes one feel at home. Not to mention the pool and the spa where one can unwind and feel energized for the rest of the day. Breakfast buffet at Melange is a healthy treat in the morning while Gadang, the lounge bar is a perfect place to stretch and have a drink with good in-house entertainment provided by the Girl Band 'Pocahontas'. Overall it was a comfortable and soothing staycation as we got to experience it very much by staying in the city , yet cut away from the maddening crowd and the hustle-bustle.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VVid30
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Absolutely fine says it all....
A nice hotel, clean, good modern rooms and good food... but very expensive for what it was. The room rate is good, which is no doubt why it is the "approved" company hotel.... but they have ways of making a profit - read on.

It is not an Oberoy or Leela, yet some of the prices seem to have forgotten that.... the room rate is good, they appear to make up the profit on their charges at the bar and the (good) restaurants on site.

Also beware... they cannot cash decent amounts of money against a credit card - you need to have $ or similar to get cash put across into Rupees.

Little things let the hotel down.... I wanted a window in my room opened (all day in AC offices, back to the hotel in an AC car.... its nice to have some fresh air). This was impossible until after the 3rd ask when I said I would change the hotel - suddenly it happened.

As others have said the stray dogs in the neighbourhood wait till around 3Am to have a barking competition - this is audible even through the closed windows. Take ear plugs - other hotels in the area provide these - this hotel doesn't

The first morning of arrival, I switched on the do not disturb light on the room door for 2 hours sleep prior to going into the office.... in that 2 hour period I had 2 people knock on the door and one phone call from reception! "was my room OK", "is there anything you need", and something else. Terribly well meaning.... but I just WANTED TO SLEEP.

The Chinese and Indian restaurants are both very good, and there is a great gym, swimming pool hidden away on the 2nd floor.

The hotel is not anywhere near the city centre... allow an hour to get there - though the taxi service is good.

2  Thank awoods
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at the Park Plaza one week for a business trip. The hotel was of a very good standard which was important as I only fairly much saw the hotel and work. I was working Australian time zones, and the Melange Restaurant was very accomodating with my 2am breakfasts every day. Likewise, Malesh and the transport team ensured that a hotel car was on hand to get me to the hotel at 3am every morning and there to pick me up at the end of the day. Hotel facilities (wi fi internet, gym, laundry etc) were good. My only negative would be that it was difficult to contact reception from my room on more than one occasion. Overall, a very pleasant stay. I would stay at the Park Plaza if back in Bangalore again for business.

1  Thank Phil O
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at this Park Plaza Hotel from 03.02.2013 to 08.02.2013 and felt I needed to inform you of your amazingly charming and well informed staff. I travelled almost many places and used the services of the traveldesk many times providing the best service I have received, as well as the gadang warmly greeting me always! Thank you for a amazing experience in India. I will recommend your hotel to anyone I know. Please keep up the great work.

Shiva