“A taste of sea-side Kerala in the IT city”
Review of Ente Keralam

Ente Keralam
Ranked #190 of 11,295 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Ulsoor
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Kerala meals, sadiya, was excellent. There was the full caboozle: right from fried plantains to aviyal. Great stuff. In addition we ordered appam and chicken curry, and tried out some of the sea food.
The group of us, some 14, were thrilled to have an authentic taste of sea-side Kerala right here in the IT city.

1  Thank JanardhanRoye

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had dinner recently at Ente Keralam .. food quality was good, the fish was fresh and tender, nicely marinated .. The ambiance not spacious because they have put dining tables too close to each other so it lacks privacy, interiors are good atmosphere is cozy but need space for privacy. Service is good but could be better, we ordered for starters and main course together and both of the them brought together. Mr. Githin gave us good insight into preparation and ingredients of dishes. Overall good experience. Staff is cordial. The remarkable thing is the quality of fish and degree of cooking..

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had lunch on the 1st of January, as the restaurant was recommended by the concierge of ITC Gardenia. I found the Food near authentic & good! The pricing was reasonable. There is a parking problem, but did not bother us, as we had hired a car. Tried a medium sized Fresh water fish. Amazing taste. The staff are a bit inexperienced, but once you are able to communicate, they are friendly. Like I said, there is scope for improvement, but, is surely not bad. The best bet is to order a meal & nonveg fare can be ordered as an accompaniment. Anything else would be necessarily a foolish order & cribbing over the price defeats my intelligence. The meal ensures you get Kerala style Sambar, Avyal, a vegetable, Rasam, dal & 3 desserts. I have always found that, spend some time over the Menu & you will find a method to beat the Restaurants menu.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had a repeat visit to Ente Keralam. My first visit was nothing spectacular, but I wanted to give it a try one more time. The restaurant seems to have done much needed maintenance. Food remained above average though, It was a bit better the previous time. The place can get a bit too noisy with just two - three tables occupied and with their music.

Service was hurried eventhough there were very less tables occupied. None of the staff would make an eye contact and is very difficult to get their attention. You would be better off serving yourself, atleast you feel good doing so :). Most of the time, our food was dumped rudely at our table and the server would vanish. We almost walked out without paying the bill as it took almost 20-25 mins to receive the bill. Except for one person who knew to smile, everyone looked rude.

This restaurant do not have parking and you need to plan in advance if you are driving to the restaurant. One place to park is when you turn in from Manipal Center and walk to restaurant. Unless you do not care too much about pedestrians safety and convenience, you can park close to the restaurant on the footpath.

Would i go back to this restaurant? No way!.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I ate at this restaurant during my visit to Bangalore. It serves excellent Kerala cuisine food. I tried a few dishes and most were quite authentic. Pity they had run out the tender coconut dessert!

A great place for a delicious meal.