“My son's first food ceremony”

Octave Hotel & Spa, Sarjapur Road
Ranked #161 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bengaluru, India
“My son's first food ceremony”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a great experience! As it was my sons first food ceremony I was very much concerned about the food that was going to be served but all my anxieties were laid to rest by a series of delicious food. Mr Bimal helped us in deciding the menu. The event turned out to be superb. Hotel staff was very supportive in decorating the hall. Although I didn't like bargaining for the starters with Mr. Bimal.

2 Thank Avisc_82
octavehotel, General Manager at Octave Hotel & Spa, Sarjapur Road, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We thank you for your valuable feedback. All our staff are trained to cater to the needs of the guests and it is our privilege to serve them. We are focused on giving wholesome experience to our guests

We look forward to having you with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Recently we had celebrated my Son's first Birthday in Hotel Octave. I would say that we are thoroughly satisfied by the service of each of the hotel staffs .
The hotel is located in a great locale where all the bus services and any kind of markets are available within .5 Km radius. ample parking stapce is there in and around the Hotel.

The food quality was also awesome with each and every item worth a try. Guests were heavily satisfied with the food and ambience of the Hotel and I would recommend this Hotel to each and every one looking for a decent hotel in a good area.

A special thanks to the hotel Manager, Mr Bimal Ghosh for making the occassion and event successful and special.

Somnath Banerjee
Sarjapur Road

Room Tip: The Party Hall is good for any major celebrations.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind feedback. We at Octave Hotel & Spa strive towards providing guest satisfaction and quality service.
Our hotel is ideally located in the midst of Sarjapur main road and is easily accessible. The hotel is also close to malls and other shopping destinations so there is never a moment of boredom.

We look forward to having you here again.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was here for 3 nights. Got it booked through makemytrip. few inputs for all:
1. Never book a hotel through makemytrip.com. They are the biggest looters. While rack rate on rate card is Rs. 4000, makemytrip offered 3000. But on reaching there I realised that the room also gets given for Rs. 1800 only.
2. They do not even provide basic toiletries in the bathroom like soap and toothbrush.
3. They offer drinking water in cheap plastic bottles and glass jugs
4. Infrastructure was neat and rooms were spacious and well lit.

Room Tip: their cheapest rooms are called "super deluxe"...beaware while making the booking.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
octavehotel, General Manager at Octave Hotel & Spa, Sarjapur Road, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. In view of your query, we would like to clarify that we have corporate rates for some companies who give us volume business.However, we also have attractive offers for other guests and they can contact the front desk for the same.

We place 1 mineral water bottle in the room and if our guests require additional bottle they can order for the same.

Our focus is to be a clean and efficient hotel where travelers can come, relax and indulge in Bangalore's cosmopolitan vibe.

We look forward to your stay once again.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Booked the Conclave I for my son's birthday party and had the following experience -

- We arrived 3 hours earlier to decorate the venue. Initially Bimal said A/C will be switched on at 7:30, but later he switched on the fan in one of the A/Cs. Keep in the mind that the conclave I is in the basement with no windows. Think about this when booking the hall for the party.

- Food was good - paneer curry, gajar halwa, papadi chhat was very tasty, paneer tikka, dal makhani was average. No need to worry about food here.

Finally the bill came, that's when the nightmare started.

I had booked the venue for a small gathering and had told him that we would have around 25 adults and 10 children (estimated). I also asked multiple times what is the minimum charge for the hall - Bimal said minimum is 25 persons (including kids) charge for the hall. I was told that I would need to pay for 25 persons (even if the actual attendance was less than 25) and if there were more than 25, then it would be extra as per the tariff per person.

We had 21 adults and 6 kids in the party which is equivalent to 24. He insisted that we pay for 30 persons (as per him we PROMISED him 30 persons). But I never promised him 30 - I gave him an estimate and had repeatedly asked him for the minimum charge. Two days before the party, I knew that there would be less than 25 persons in the party. But I never informed him as I was in the assumption that I would need to pay for only 25 even though attendance would be less than 25.

But he was only looking at his profits and wanted to take advantage of the confusion. We argued for around 15 minutes - but he kept insisting that we need to pay for the 30. It was quite late and I didn't want to argue any more - so I paid the bill for 30 (which was around 2300 rupees extra) and left.

I was very very disappointed with Bimal's unprofessional behavior. He is a sweet talker, but when it comes to money - he doesn't see anything else. The way I see it, he got 2300 rs more out of this - but he definitely has lost on the future opportunities of me and my friend's having birthday parties there.

I would never never advise anyone to have a party there. If you have a party there and some confusion happens, he will not listen to you and in the end you would be the one who would suffer.

Also, keep in the mind, no starter is included in the fixed menu - you need to pay extra for the starter. What kind of party happens without the starter?

1 Thank nitinkgarg
octavehotel, General Manager at Octave Hotel & Spa, Sarjapur Road, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback. Please accept our apologies for the confusion and miscommunication. We have taken up the matter with the concerned and there will be no room for such confusion in future.
We are pleased to know that you liked the food at he party.

We look forward to having you with us again in future.
Bangalore
Reviewed June 1, 2013

After a lot of research I organized my kids birthday party in this place. I must tell you I was extremely happy with my decision. Every thing gone on as planned despite of the fact that I planned this party in just 2 days. I want to convey my special thanks Mr. Bimal , He was extremely helpful and cooperative even other staff member Mr. Sadiq too did a fantastic job .I don’t have to worry about any thing at all , overall a very pleasing experience

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shabbirs
octavehotel, General Manager at Octave Hotel & Spa, Sarjapur Road, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to note that your kids birthday party went off well and will convey your appreciation to Bimal and Sadiq who had taken care of your party.

We look forward to hosting you again in future.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed in this Hotel for 2 weeks. Rooms are quite spacious, well lit and they are recently refurbished. They are very clean and all the required amenities for the buisness traveller is here. Even the Bathrooms are spacious and good.The great thing is the level of service they provide. From the security to housekeeping, service was always with a smile. They are very friendly and accomodative. Personally for me this is very convenient since it is only 2 blocks away from my Office.
Highly recommend Octave to anyone looking for a business / leisure stay and value for money.

Ramadoss - Hexaware Technologies Ltd.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We at Octave Hotel & Spa are very pleased to note that our hotel was your preferred choice to stay in Bangalore.
We focus on giving personalized service and clean rooms to our guests to ensure they enjoy every minute of their stay.

We look forward to having you back.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We booked banquet hall Octave-II to celebrate our son Sujoy's first birthday party. We spent a nice and enjoyable evening there with our friends and family members.

- The hall was big enough to accommodate 85+ people with kids running around the hall.
- The hall was clean, well lighted and arrangements were perfect to welcome the guests for the party.
- Staff were helpful and prompt in their service. They showed a very professional and caring attitude towards the guests to make the party enjoyable.
- The food was excellent from the starters to desert. All the guests including kids enjoyed the wide spread buffet.

Overall it was an excellent evening spent at Octave. Our best wishes with the Hotel management, staff and a special thanks to Mr. Bimal Ghosh for taking personal care in all the aspects of the party.

We are looking forward for our next visit at Octave.
Till then, Three Cheers for Octave Hotel Management.

Sudeshna and Joydeep.