“a gem in bangalore”

Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway
Ranked #5 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed May 17, 2014

apart from an awesome location, this hotel is truly remarkable in its overall aspects. The service, however, is especially worth mentioning. A variety of food choices to suit your palate.
Highly recommended for anyone visiting bangalore.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank princesharma
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear princesharma,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore. It is indeed a pleasure to read such appreciative words from guest as you and we're glad you found the service and amenities up to your expectations.

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. It pleases me to know that you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. We have a total of six food and beverage venues each offering a range of cuisines and we are glad to hear that you found the food and beverage offerings up to your desired standards.

We thank you for your feedback and recommendation and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Saurabh Bakshi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,891)

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this property of Sheraton. The facilities here are brilliant and up to the mark. The staff is very friendly and always greets with a smile. It perfectly describes the defination of hotels "A home away from home".

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank charu111

Dear Charu111,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. It pleases me to know that you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. Our core values are warm, connected and community and I'm glad that the associates were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost professionalism and courtesy.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have stay in Banaglore regularly for business and have previously stayed at ITC & Leela Palace (both of which are absolutely fantastic) this time I thought it was fair to try Sheraton.

A 5 star hotel that doesn't deserve to be 5 stars.

Firstly upon check in I gave them my passport details, then that night while I had "Do not disturb" from a long flight they called me several times asking for me to come down immediately as they had lost a copy of my passport! I then had a man knocking on my door asking for the copy!

Secondly, the rooms are nice, spacious and new but are very dirty. The shower looks like it hasn't been cleaned since it was built and all the mirror glass areas have dirty hand prints. The pool is also lovely, but very dirty.

Thirdly and my breaking point is there service, It is horrible they are all very unwelcoming, cold and rude especially the breakfast staff. At ITC and Leela they welcome you during breakfast to package up snacks for throughout the day at work, even making up muffin bags and sandwiches and including fruit baskets in your room daily.

You get none of those homely touches at the Sheraton. Instead when asking the staff for a takeaway bag to pack some breakfast (and not even eating breakfast prior) they give you horrible looks of disgust and then stand over you watching everything that you do until you leave. There is no 5 star service there!!!

I've stayed at alot of SPG hotels previously and this one was by far the worst.

If looking for a place to stay in Banaglore ITC GARDENIA is your spot, the service is AMAZING, clean and lovely food.

Disappointing Sheraton!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Energytraveller1
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Dear Energytraveller1,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore and for sharing your feedback here with us on Tripadvisor as your feedback is quintessential in our journey towards achieving greater guest satisfaction.

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. We offer a total of six food and beverage venues each offering a unique dining experience. Your detailed feedback has been taken note of and I will personally ensure that the respective departments heads take up these points so as to ensure that on your next visit you receive nothing but the best standards of service and amenities.

We thank you for your feedback and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have been a returning customer for years due to the fantastic facilities of the hotel. This time maybe due to new management it was a big disappointment. As a platinum I got not even club room, lounge access, stayed lower floor, no question was asked about what gift i wish, or ANY recognition of my status. It is clear the staff has NO IDEA what spg membership is, even until my check out. More over the room had a bad smell, it was dirty, the glasses in the bathroom stained. Got only one shower gel for all my stay (3nights) had not been replaced... In the sauna as i came out from the shower a male cleaner was facing me, he came in w/ o any knocking! I will not come back, feel very poorly treated as a returning guest and as an SPG platinum. After I told them this, they followed me even in the gym and bothered me with sorrys, however, still did not get lounge key, and the free dinner that was offered was charged on my bill... Got a massage coupon that due to my work could not use it. I rather would have stayed in a nice and clean room ( not even mention suite?!) as a platinum and enjoyed the lounge... SPG should make sure that their hotels staff DO KNOW what SPG benefits are!!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank MiamiOscar

Dear MiamiOscar,

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Had a wonderful experience overall. Beautiful hotel, staff, food. Great variety of food with excellent quality & taste. Very comfortable rooms & spacious. Very warm staff. One of the best hotel in Bangalore.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear George J,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. Sheraton Bangalore offers one of the largest entry size rooms in the city (39 sq mts) and it pleases me to know that you found these spacious and comfortable. We have a total of six food and beverage venues each offering a range of cuisines and we are glad to hear that you found the food and beverage offerings up to your desired standards.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at Sheraton on 10/11 May and I can’t tell you how comfortable and memorable my stay was. It was all because of Saurabh and his team at Sheraton. They all looked after us very very well. The staff at the restaurant was very caring and smiling all the time. It was a great experience and they were treating me like I was some VIP. Let me tell you, there was a vast difference from my stay last year.
Great location. Good Orion Mall next door. Artificial Lake.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ajay33,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. It pleases me to know that you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. Our core values are warm, connected and community and I'm glad that the associates were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost professionalism and courtesy.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed here before so I thought I would stay again
Booked a room for a full week and had a pool facing room on 8th floor
To provide a balanced view, let me start with the positive and then the less-positive aspects

The Good:
1) Good view and room size quite spacious and room well-appointed with decent Wifi (it was complimentary for me)
2) Location (for those who like or need to be in North Bangalore); next door to a mall and World Trade Centre
3) 3 bottles of complimentary water provided daily
4) Breakfast spread is quite substantial and tasty

The Poor:
1) The housekeeping service is quite poor:
- Soap bits left in shower area not cleaned away;
- not all toiletries are replenished on a daily basis
- Mini-bar not daily restocked, they only replaced Coke cans on alternative days and say with crisps/chips/nuts
(Separately, they seem to even economise on loo paper by putting half a roll of Kleenex and another half a roll of rougher (probably Indian brand) loo paper - This in a Sheraton!)

2) In the restaurant on the ground floor - Breakfast at Feast: service very patchy, especially if you are sitting away from the food "islands"; On Sundays, packed with people and service gets worse - I waited 15 mins. after ordering orange juice and latte and neither arrived - had to go to counter and ask and then arrived; subsequently went to counter and ordered friend eggs and toast - eggs came after 7 mins (I timed it) but no toast! ..went to counter again to check on toast - there was burnt toast which had gone cold waiting for someone to bring to me. Gave up and walked away without finishing breakfast!

Staff appear more interested in speaking to Western (whites) -inquiring how things are - than anyone else

3) More staff at the entrance and lobby than you can shake a stick at - not sure what they all do as they generally seem to merely stand and stare at all and sundry (labour is cheap in India so I suppose this is the result)

4) The lobby restaurant/bar area becomes a children's' play are on Sunday mornings/lunchtime and practically unusable - I tried to have a business meeting and about 20 kids were running around removing cushions and going under tables - some "treasure hunt"?

I mentioned the above to staff - and even suggested that perhaps on Sundays they should consider serving breakfast for hotel guests in Bene (4th floor or elsewhere) when checking out and whilst one was apologetic, I seemed to get the impression that counter-staff behind the Reception desk were largely indifferent. Not quite a 5-star experience IMHO

Will I stay here again - only if I really need to; but it isn't what it used to be and there are other options including Taj Vivanta (which I shall try)

Room Tip: Higher rooms on pool-side
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business