“A fine hotel though location is not ideal”

Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway
Ranked #4 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The Sheraton Bangalore opened it's doors to guests about 3 years ago at the prestigious Brigade Gateway complex.
One of the finest hotel chain the world over, Sheraton has a simple and elegant decor.
Nothing is too jazzy or noticeable and that is the beauty of the Hotel. The large lobby has a small cascading waterbody on one side and the reception desk at the other side. The ground floor also houses their lounge bar Durbar as well as the 24 hour coffee shop - Feast.
Other dining options include Bene - Fine dining Italian cuisine and Persian Cafe - Persian cuisine obviously.

I've already reviewed Feast, and the same cafe serves a fine and large breakfast buffet as well comprising south indian, a bit of north indian, international and deli apart from fresh fruits and juices. Live counter for eggs as well.

The check in and check out was smooth and quick, no hassles there. Key cards are required to go up to the guest rooms, which ensures privacy and security of all guests.
The infinity pool is located on the 4th floor and is open to sky and offers views of Iskcon temple.

The rooms are spacious and have all modern amenities as expected. Floor is fully carpeted and neat. Beds are comfortable and most people would be able to sleep well. The view on offer depends which side the windows are facing, but mostly some part of the city is visible.

The bathrooms are not very big, and the most irritating part was no faucet in the loo.
Many of the Sheraton's around the world also have faucets and i don't understand the concept of not having it in the bathroom, how can it possible be a hassle for anyone if the option of toilet paper is provided anyhow.
A couple of water bottles are given complementary, and rest will be chargeable.

The service is as expected from a star hotel, though we had a very short stay of 15 hrs and didn't experience much of the service.

The hotel is right next to one of the biggest mall in Bangalore and has a beautiful manmade lake right next to the premises and the world trade centre is also adjacent. The location is a big minus if one has to travel frequently to the city centre or towards whitefield/electronic city. And believe me when i say Bangalore traffic can be one of the worst in the world.

It's a part of SPG and starwood members would get some additional privileges maybe.
Pricing is competitive for the quality offered and i can say we had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: the pool facing rooms are better
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear ravim84,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback with us here on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you found the service and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway is the first newly built and managed Sheraton in India and is located in the 43 acre self sustained campus called Brigade Gateway which also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. Our core values at Sheraton Bangalore are Warm, Connected and Community and it pleases me to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy. We have a total of six food and beverage venues each offering a unique dining experience and it pleases me to know you had the opportunity to dine with us.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Due to celiac disease I always worry whether I'll get safe gluten free food options when I travel. Every employee I asked would immediately summon a chef who then accompanied me to the buffet and personally explained each food to me. I felt as though my safety and health really mattered. Every member of the team was efficient and helpful and friendly. The hotel is immaculate. Its nice to see an herb garden growing right outside the Bene restaurant. This is a very peaceful hotel and exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Honahlee,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway is the first newly built and managed Sheraton in India and is located in the 43 acre self sustained campus called Brigade Gateway which also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are glad you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. Our core values at Sheraton Bangalore are Warm, Connected and Community and it pleases me to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy keeping in mind your specific requirements.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at sheraton for work. Was impressed with the speed and smooth check in and checkout service with oomph and style.

Rooms are great. I was upgraded as I had requested for a non smoking room which wasn't available. This was done without me requesting for it. Was impressed to see a USB port which was wall mounted. Business travelers would understand the imp of USB port!! highly recommended hotel!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Inderpreet,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway is the first newly built and managed Sheraton in India and is located in the 43 acre self sustained campus called Brigade Gateway which also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are glad you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. Our core values at Sheraton Bangalore are Warm, Connected and Community and it pleases me to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is first class. We had a very large group stay here and they provided very good service. As is the case with new hotels some of the services provided could still be refined a bit more but overall very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear peter c,

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Consistancy ...................... The Sheraton Hotel is quite simply the Best Hotel in Bangalore. It's Sunday Brunch offers the best buffet in town and it's Saturday evening "East Meets West" is excellent

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MARKFT

Dear MARKFT,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I usually stay at another hotel in Bangalore but I was advised to try this one. The airport pickup was prompt and courteous and hotel check in was very quick and efficient. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms well laid out. I was on the Executive Floor which has a lounge with a reasonable selection of food and drink with good service. It was quite crowded and noisy at times, especially at breakfast and so I had breakfast in the main restaurant as it was a lot quicker. This had a well-stocked buffet but not enough Indian dishes for my liking. The lobby bar in the evening is quite dark and not cheap! Overall the service was very good but the hotel was just one of those from a big chain - you could be anywhere in the world and it would be the same. Personally I prefer a smaller hotel with a bit more charm and will return to my usual place the next time. No real complaints about this hotel only that my preferences are different.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear cham3b,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Sadly, we stayed at this hotel for just one night, on 30th January 2014, as we were starting our short trip around India the next day. I booked it over the internet, which wasn't a problem, and as the price was very favourable, I had mixed feelings over what to expect. And disappointed I was not!

Right on our arrival at the hotel, we had a very pleasant experience - we were greeted by smarty dressed hotel staff, shown to the check-in desk where we were swiftly checked in...and given a very pleasant upgrade!

The hotel is situated in what appears to be a "business" area of Bengaluru; but I may be wrong! It has a large, airy impressive, shiny clean, lobby with a number of restaurants, which I would have tried had we been there for more than one night!

The room we were given was on the Starwood floor with a view of the city. The room itself was large, spotless, and with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! It had all the usual amenities that one would expect of a hotel vying to be in top category, and there were of a modern standard!

Breakfast, a buffet, was very generous, fresh and with a lot of variety. Suffice to say we spent a good time trying the various breakfast cuisines on offer, which ranged from Indian to Japanese!

As for the staff, they were very professional, polite and extremely helpful, particularly Anton D'Silva who helped us with our train booking and Sachin.

The hotel has a well-equipped gym, which I used at 3am, as I was trying to counter the effects of jet lag. It also has a swimming pool, spa facilities and wifi, which worked!

It is about a 15 min auto rikshaw ride to City Train Station and about 40 mins drive from Bengaluru International Airport, no surprise there as the city is so congested!

Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes I would!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear iSayY,