“Excellent Food”

Ranked #3 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
New Delhi, India
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The choice of the food was good and service was also good, they had a nice spreed of buffet in the restaurant, we had the buffet and enjoyed the food and a great atmosphere, we are shore to visit this place at least for one meal every time we are there in Bangalore

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sunman48
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Sunman48,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

It pleases us to read such appreciative words about the service and variety of food and beverage options offered at the hotel and we’re glad that you chose to dine with us during your visit to Bangalore.

Feast, our signature multi-cuisine restaurant offers guests a lavish spread of dishes from Indian to Western and Oriental cuisines and a dessert section that excites children and adults alike. I’m glad that you had a pleasurable dining experience with us. On your next visit we would like to recommend the Sunday Brunch at Feast that proves to be the perfect way to relax with your loved ones.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Martin Wuethrich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Auckland
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Sheraton at Brigade Gateway was a fantastic experience in every sense. From the moment we checked in (front desk / check in staff) to the time we left, the service was uniformly superb. The rooms are extremely well appointed, and everything is bright and fresh throughout. The bathrooms don't have a tub, but hey, the showers are so "thick" that we didn't really care.

I was there on business, but my mother accompanied me because she wanted to visit relatives in the city. Her every need was taken care of - she is 75, and both of us are vegeterian - and yet no trouble was too much trouble for hotel staff. All the meals were exactly as we wanted them - and then some!

There was complimentary Wifi in our room, and the speed was pretty awesome. The business centre downstairs was a breeze to use, and staff were ready and willing to assist if needed. Print-outs, faxes etc. were no problem at all.

This is what 5 star is all about - rooms, service, staff, food and a real X factor too.

For this sort of service and food, one would expect an astronomical tariff, but that simply wasn't the case. We paid something like Rs. 7,200 plus tax, with extended stay rates even more attractive. Good to call them and ask the best rate they can do for you - they are really helpful (did I mention they are helpful? Can't help repeating myself on this...)

The only *possible* down-side is that this hotel is a bit further from the M.G. Road / Cantonment end of Bangalore. However, the hotel taxi / car service is excellent, drivers and safe, polite, steady and know their city well. (You don't have the sort of drivers who are as new to the city as you are... quite a common feature elsewhere in Bangalore - but not at the Sheraton).

The Sheraton swimming pool and gym are just lovely. The infinity pool is beautifully maintained, as are the changing rooms / showers.

There is an Angsana spa within the hotel itself - not to be missed if you have some time and want to really pamper yourself.

Every single one of the restaurants are great, but the one I really loved was the restaurant next to the swimming pool. Check it out!

Last but not least, I'd like to commend the Sheraton breakfast. Included in the room rate, the breakfast can only be described as a meal fit for a King! No matter what you fancy at the start of your day, Sheraton provides it. This is not your run-of-the-mill get-it-yourself buffet breakfast. There are helpful, knowledgable staff asking you what you prefer, and get you piping hot cooked a la carte breakfasts too, at no extra cost.

I can very confidently recommend this hotel to even the most discerning guest - and the tariffs are definitely less than other comparable 5 star hotels. I have stayed at the Sheraton more than once, (stayed here a couple of times in 2011 and 2012 too), and my husband stayed here in Dec 2012. If you are looking for a reasonably priced 5 star, and want a place that has a "relax - we'll take care of everything" attitude, then this is the place!

Room Tip: All the rooms in this hotel are terrific, but the ones looking out over the city are even better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tashisho
Dear tashisho,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

It is indeed a pleasure to read a positive and detailed account of your stay with us and I’m glad that you found the service and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

At Sheraton Bangalore we have a total of six food and beverage venues and I’m glad you found the food up to your taste and enjoyed the breakfast spread at Feast, our signature multi-cuisine restaurant. I’m happy that you had the opportunity to make full use of the Business centre facilities, internet as well as the Angsana Spa, Sheraton Fitness Programmed by Core Performance and the Infinity Pool. It is a great feeling to read that you had a memorable time and also enjoyed dining by the poolside at our Pool Bar, overlooking the infinity pool and the stunning cityscapes. Sheraton Bangalore Hotel is the closest five star deluxe hotel to the Bangalore International Airport (31 kms) and just about 8kms from the city centre. I’m happy that the transport facilities offered were as per your desired needs and expectations.

We thank you for taking the time out to share your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure if welcoming you again to the warmth and hospitality of Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I am extremely happy with the experience I have had with Sheraton Hotel in Bangalore. The best part of the experience has to be the people , the staff and the service. It's always nice to be greeted with a smile and the way each and every member of the hotel assisted me during my stay was impressive. There was never a time when I heard a 'no' from anyone. The food was excellent - both the restaurants and the banquet meals were sumptuous and well prepared. The persian restaurant on the rooftop has a gorgeous ambience and i would go there again and again just for that if nothing else although the food there is a gastronomic delight! I would recommend the property to anyone looking to stay in the city - whether it be for business or a wedding or a holiday. In fact even if you are from the city, it is a very good place to just unwind over a weekend or at the end of a long day. An added benefit is the Orion Mall next door which has some interesting stores and shopping options . All in all - a wonderful experience. Hats off to the entire team !!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ShreyaDutta
Dear ShreyaDutta,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

It pleases me to read such appreciative words from our discerning guests. I am glad that you had the opportunity of staying with us and found the service and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

At Sheraton Bangalore, we believe in going the extra mile to ensure our guests have a pleasurable stay and I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs with utmost professionalism and warmth. Your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to the team. We have a total of six food and beverage venues and I’m glad you enjoyed the dining experience at the restaurants as well as the banquet venues. Persian Terrace, located on the fourth floor of the hotel, transports guests to a Middle Eastern wonderland and I’m happy that you found the ambience unique and delightful. Located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway, we are just a few steps away from the Orion Mall, World Trade Centre and a beautiful man-made lake and thus, as you rightly said, we are well suited for our guests’ business and pleasure.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have conducted a lot of events, conferences at Sheraton over the last 2 years. Am glad to share with you the excellent response of the banquet staff, attention to detail, service with a smile. The audio - video particularly the grand screen (in - built) makes the experience truly amazing. And as they say you reach a man's heart through his mouth.... so there is 'The Feast' offering an amazing choice of cuisines - mouth watering & very tempting. I particularly liked the non - veg starters, kebabs and the hand crushed icecream as per your choice !
Overall the experience till now has been truly amazing ! It makes you feel like a king with all its grandeur. Vineet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Vineet S,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

It pleases me to hear that you chose to stay with us and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations. Sheraton Bangalore offers the largest pillar-less ballroom in the city and over 21 meeting rooms. I’m glad that you found the banquet facilities to be grand and as per your requirements. Feast, our signature multi-cuisine restaurant offers guests a lavish buffet spread with cuisines ranging from Indian to Western and Indian and I’m happy to hear that you had a pleasurable dining experience.

On your next visit we would like to recommend our award winning dining venues, Bene and Persian Terrace, located on the fourth floor of the hotel. While Bene offers authentic Italian flavors, Persian Terrace transports you into a Middle Eastern wonderland. We also have a Japanese food festival currently on at Feast until the 14th of July with a visiting Chef from Westin Tokyo presenting an extension of the lavish buffet with specialties from the Japanese cuisine.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Paris, France
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've stayed at Sheraton for 5 months on and off and my stay has been fantastic. Service is excellent and everyone from the waiter, the driver, the gym trainer to the front manager were ready to go the extra mile to make me feel like at home. Once one the lady associate kindly spent 30 minutes helping me wear my saree as I wasn't familiar with it.
Facilities are new and modern, and there are everything you can expect from a luxury hotel, and breakfast is delicious. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear AminaTeesh,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore at Brigade Gateway!

It is always a pleasure to have you with us and we would like to thank you for your continuous patronage and also for sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor.

Our core values at the Sheraton are Warm, Connected, and Community and we are delighted to learn that at all times you found the service and attitude of our associates genuine and warm, and that they were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost professionalism and care. We strive to go the extra mile and provide our guests with a comfortable, ‘home away from home’ experience and we are glad you had a warm, comfortable, and memorable experience with us. Your appreciation for the associates will definitely be conveyed to the associates, who I am sure will be encouraged to continue to serve our guests with courtesy. We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast spread at Feast, our signature multi-cuisine restaurant known for the lavishness of the buffet and variety offered.

We thank you for your patronage, recommendation and valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Warm Regards,
Bangalore, India
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was my experience when visiting a bunch of friends who were travelling for a conference.
The plan was pretty last minute and i managed to enter the hotel lobby close to 1am at night.
They had some issues with me visiting post midnight but the staff was amazingly understanding and after explaining my reason for visit, happily obliged and showed me to the friends room.
We later ordered room service as the whole bunch of us in room were hungry and they were very prompt with the service.
I have heard good things about their restaurants and would be trying it some time soon.
The location is somewhat more convenient if you commute via flights. It avoids the main city rush which is a sore point for hotels in the city(Leela, Taj Vivanta etc)
All in all a great experience. would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear ShaishavKr,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

It pleases me to hear that you had a positive experience with us during your visit and found the service standards up to your desired expectations.

Sheraton Bangalore Hotel is the closest five star deluxe hotel to the Bangalore International Airport (31 kms) and just about 8 kms from the city centre. I’m glad you found the location to be an advantage. I’m happy that you enjoyed the in-room dining experience and glad that the associates were able to make your visit memorable. On your next visit we recommend the Sunday Brunch at Feast that proves to be the perfect way to spend a relaxed Sunday with your loved ones.

We thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

bangalore
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Near perfect blend of a business & luxury hotel. The brigade gateway location and surrounding is good. The rooms are modern and well appointed. The in room dining especially north indian food is fabulous. The 4th floor of the hotel is the best part with the pool, lounge area, persian outdoor restaurant, italian restaurant, the spa, all in all a great experience.

Room Tip: Just try pool facing rooms. Otherwise all rooms are really good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear peeyush77,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

It pleases me to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

Sheraton Bangalore, as you rightly said, is located in the self – sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway which also houses Orion Mall, Columbia Asia Hospital, the World Trade Centre as well as a beautiful man made lake. I’m glad you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. Sheraton Bangalore offers the largest entry size rooms in the city (39 sq mts) and I’m glad you found these comfortable and were able to experience the variety available in in-room dining as well. The fourth floor of the hotel indeed offers some stunning views with the infinity pool overlooking the iconic ISKCON temple, the ambience of Persian Terrace, our award winning, outdoor Persian cuisine restaurant as well as Bene, our award winning Italian restaurant.