“Visit with Vijay from Bangalore walks”
Review of Bangalore Walks

Bangalore Walks
Ranked #16 of 53 Tours in Bengaluru
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: These offer a chance to understand the various facets that make Bangalore: its history, architecture, culture and landmarks. Choose a facet that interests you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Bengaluru, India
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Visit with Vijay from Bangalore walks”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Vijay Thiruvady from www.bangalorewalks.com makes Lalbagh an experience worth cherishing, followed by a sumptuous breakfast at MTR.
I had attended one of his greenwalks session and was spellbound by the sheer variety and history that lalbagh has to offer.

Mr Vijay not only makes the walk extremely enjoyable, but also helps to appreciate and respect the garden from an aesthetic, historic and botanical perspective!
Lalbagh is definitely a must watch - but specially with Mr Vijay.

Visited December 2012

Pune, India
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Green heritage walk- A Must!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Joined this walk on Sunday morning at 8 am instead of 7 am as we were delayed and yet was so satisfied with all that our guide shared with us about the trees in Lalbaug. Botanical names of the plants, their peculiarities,their typical characteristics ,the countries they came from and their influence on various cultures was shared in a very interesting manner. I can still picture the plants because of the anecdotes he shared about each one.Eg: Most Indian languages had a curvilinear script as they were written on palm leaves.This he showed us by showing how circles did not tear the leaf but straight lines did as they went against the grain of the leaf. This was followed by a sumptuous breakfast at the famous MTR where we were soon sharing our experiences of Bangalore with fellow walkers.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank FarahIrani
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Wonderful way to spend Sunday morning!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I went on the Victorian history tour, back in September. Arun was an absolute mine of information, ranging from the essential to the really off-beat. All of it was put across in a very easy way that was neither intimidating nor exhausting. OK, 7am on Sunday is a little early for most people, but it's worth the effort. The size of the group (just over 30) was at the outer limits of what was comfortable. The breakfast at the end the tour was great, and the view of Bangalore was absolutely stunning. The best of it was that I was able to inspire the Indians I was visiting - who live and work in Bangalore - to discover a little more about their own city for themselves.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank David_from_Herts
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Pretty Nice Half Day trip”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I took the "Victorian History" trip and it was nice. My only complaint was that it was at 7am but totally understandable as that is the only time the city is quiet. The guide was really nice and new a lot. Although a lot of his stories appeared to be a bit propaganday. The guide also had a lot of pictures which added to his stories. We were treated to a nice snack half way through and a nice breakfast at the end of the trip. Totally worth the 500Rs.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank lepstein12054
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great introduction to Bangalore”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I recently joined an Indian IT company and had travelled to Bangalore for induction. I decided that to help me better understand the place I was working I should immerse myself in the Indian culture as much as possible in the short time I had in India.

Bangalore walks actually offer two walks on a Sunday. One that runs in the city, mostly along MG road, with a focus on the development of the city and its colonial past - the one I took - and the Green Heritage walk, more focussed on the "greener" aspect of the city.

I highly recommend the walk. It was engaging, very interesting and highly enjoyable. The time flew by and it seemed to be over very quickly. Our guide was very knowledgeable and showed us parts of Bangalore that are hidden in the middle of the city.

The walk finished with a lovely breakfast in a great location that I wont disclose, at the request of the guide.

Visited July 2012