“A good hotel for business and pleasure”

Novotel Bengaluru Techpark
Ranked #26 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Hubli-Dharwad, India
“A good hotel for business and pleasure”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This Hotel is well equipped...has a good pool....... good food..... good spread in the buffet....The only problem is that it is too far from other busier parts of the city. If you love to enjoy your stay this is a good hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better i guess.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ASampige, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Subhas,

Ibis - Novotel Bengalur Techpark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The hotel is very conveniently located in the tech park area on marathahalli outer ring road stretch. The rooms are good and service is good as well. You do not have do many dining options though. The buffet is slightly expensive and you get same food at the ibis next door for lower price. All in all its your regular novotel hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Haresh,

We very much appreciate your feedback about your stay at our hotel. It`s always a pleasure to read through such genuine feedbacks.Since we share the same building with Ibis we give our guests and option to use the facilities at Ibis.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Its located on the IT hub of the city on the Outer ring road., surrounded by IT industry. Great rooms and facilities. Great location. Transportation is very easy. Food is very good along with the room service. The bathroom is really good and from the pool u can get a view as far as your eye can see.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Suparno007
ASampige, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Suparno,

Gurgaon
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night during business trip. Booked thru cleartrip for one kingsize bed, as i had arrived pretty late in evening around 10 pm and was tired so desperate to getting into room to get fresh. I discovered that i have been allocated twin bed room..Out of my surprise, at the time of checkin, officer didnt told me that they are giving me twin bed.. First disappointment..
Second, I went to have dinner at Square and planned to have buffet. But it was the bad choice. Every item in buffet was cold and appeared as if they have served leftover from morning buffet. I have left the feedback at the restaurant as well.
Lastly, when i had came back to my room and tried to sleep... another surprise with every move my bed was making loud "tchrrrr" sound, which made me waking up multiple times.. i compromised as i was here only for a night... over all i was not happy. i have been staying in Accor hotels all of Asia and this was my worst experience. Also, approch to hotel is not good..

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank VinayBhatnagar
Dear Vinay,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for giving us a detailed feedback of your experience while at the hotel.

Having said that, it was quite disturbing to know that you had such an experience leaving a bad taste about the hotel and your overall stay.

I have discussed threadbare with the concerned departmental heads about what went wrong whilst your stay with us. Its comments such as these that help us realize our follies and help us improve.

Look forward to your next visit to the hotel and experience the difference.

Regards,

Ibis & Novotel Bengaluru Techpark
San Diego
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I spent four days at this hotel and it was just lovely. The breakfast buffet was exceptional and the restaurant\bar on the pool terrance was just as good. Very surprised and pleased to find the hotel had a high quality gym. Not sure when I will come back, but this hotel is on my Bangalore short list.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ASampige, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Carlton,

We very much appreciate your detailed and constructive feedback about your stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read through such genuine feedbacks.

Thankyou very much for appreciating our food & beverage services along with the health club facility. I shall share your comments with my team and thank them for providing you a wonderful experience.

I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I personally liked the combo property idea where a 4 star and 5 star are located in the same premises and hence suits everbody's pockets. The swimming pool and restaurants are shared by guests from both the properties. Security is very good with different floors dedicated to smokers and also a separate and exclusive floor for single female travellers with added security and feminine touch. Locationwise the hotel is close to the Tech Parks and hence ideal for business travellers from the IT field. The hotel has a very good offer for children under 16 years too.

Dear Chirag,

We very much appreciate your feedback about your stay at our hotel.

I will share your comments with our team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team members whose constant focus is to improve the quality of our product & services.

As you rightly hilighted on the combo concept we are proud to host these two brands under one roof to provide luxury as well as budget experiences to our guests.

Once again we appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcome you and your team to Ibis - Novotel Bengaluru Techpark

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed at the Bangalore Novotel three times now, each a two-week visit . . . so I've come to know the hotel thoroughly. I stay here because of its close proximity to the company I'm working with, which is just across the way (the way being a chaotic thoroughfare), and the hotel provides useful drop-offs and pick-ups in the area, included in the room charge. Watch out, though, if you have a late-night return transfer to the airport arranged by the hotel. It's convenient, and my flights always seem to be around 3:00 a.m., but three out of three times I've had drivers who have dozed off along the way, sometimes multiple times, and I've had to yell to keep them from hitting cars, people, cows, or otherwise heading to our doom. Of all the crazy places and situations I've been in over the years, these return trips to the Bangalore airport might have been my closest brushes with fate. I might make some different arrangements next time!

You wouldn't want to stay here if you're looking for a getaway hotel in a walkable neighborhood with many options for exploring. The immediate neighborhood is an eclectic high/low mix of corporate offices and hardscrabble shacks alike, with no sidewalks to speak of on the Novotel side—just dirt tracks. Cars for hire are available from the hotel, so it is possible and relatively easy to explore other areas of the city, or even take weekend trips out of town. Just don't expect to take leisurely strolls around the block after dinner (though for those interested in breaking out of the insular bubble of business travel, step into your sandals and enjoy having a look around or picking up supplies at a small shopping center just down the street).

The rooms are just fine—comfortable and enough elbow room that I don't go stir crazy even over the course of a couple weeks. I dislike noise above and below, and in the hallways, and at least on the upper floors that I've been on, it has been silent as a tomb. If you're sensitive to light, you might be disturbed by a crazy sensor in the middle of the ceiling: a couple flashing LEDs in it aren't bad, but it occasionally emits a bright which flash that for some reason seems to zing through my eyelids as I'm trying to convince my jet-lagged brain that I'm still sleepy!

The food in the on-site restaurant is tasty. I enjoy the variety, especially the Indian dishes, so I am sometimes amused to see the wary guests steering themselves toward fish and chips or hamburgers. They don't know what they're missing. Oh, and even though I don't have a sweet tooth and find it easy to resist desserts, even I can't pass up testing some of the crazy good things that their pastry chef has in an astounding desert array at the buffet.

There are additional food options at the hotel, including a place to eat outside on the patio near the pool (which is okay for small bites in a pinch, but I'm a mosquito magnet and they always seem to find me out there), and in another cafe around the corner in Ibis, an attached cousin to Novotel. The buffet is less expensive, has fewer choices, but it includes sometimes superior Indian options.

What makes this Novotel really great is one thing in particular: the people.

I stay a lot of places all over the world, and I rarely encounter such a wonderful set of individuals—and that's what nice is getting to know everyone as people. I know just about everyone in the restaurant and the lobby bar by name, what their future plans are, and more. Each return visit I've made is like meeting up with a group of old friends, and they have helped to make these extended stays away from home bearable thanks to their kindness and thoughtfulness.

I can honestly say I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Paul G
ASampige, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Paul,

Thankyou very much for appreciating our team which indeed is our asset and we also believe the same. I shall share your comments with my team and thank them for providing you a wonderful experience as described.

I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.