“Nice place, 1 issue”

Novotel Bengaluru Techpark
Ranked #28 of 693 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at the Novotel Techpark hotel in late August for 3 days. The hotel is very clean. Rooms are configured well, but there is no dresser (not a big deal for me). I was on the 9th floor, good view of the surrounding area. Room was very quiet. Bed was comfortable. Wireless worked flawlessly, and plenty of U.S. style AC plugs. Breakfast buffet was included in my corporate rate, was amazing per usual(huge variety, including a cooked to order station).
The one issue I did have was the odor. Probably from fumigation, but it was really bad the night I arrived and the night I left. I'd rather have the odor than bugs, but it was really a strong odor. in between nights were fine. The bathrooms are very well appointed, they even supply a toothbrush and toothpaste. Shower worked great. Overall a great place to stay for business near many of the Bangalore Tech titans. Was just a 5 minute walk across the street to get to Intel, and they will drive you if you don't like walking through the streets/traffic.

3  Thank Henneman
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Mr Henneman,

Thank you for being with us at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark and thank you even more for taking out time and giving us yet another generous feedback.

Its comments such as these that help us serve better and I am sure my team would be delighted to receive your positive feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Based on your comment on the fumigation smell lingering around, i shall definitely look at controlling the same. Its just that being the monsoon season (an ideal breeding season for mosquitoes), we had our team increase the dosage to avoid any pests from coming in.

Once again thank you and look forward to your next visit to the hotel while in Bangalore.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is, by far, the best Westernized hotel in Bangalore and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! My stay was for 8 full days and by day 2, the staff knew who I was and my preferences - from the spa - to the gym - to the front desk staff - to the restaurants - phenomenal!! The entire staff is so attentive and truly care about ensuring your experience is superb in every way. If you are headed to Bangalore, stay at this hotel. The ameneties are top notch - wifi is fast & reliable, rooms are modern and comfortable. The food is fantastic as well - truly amazing! Any room you select will be quiet - as my colleagues and I were dispersed and we all had the same experience.

3  Thank leeann h

Dear Lee Ann,

Thank you for being with us at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark and thank you even more for taking out time and giving us your generous feedback and recommending us to the world.

Its comments such as these that us and help us serve better and I am sure my team would be delighted to receive your positive feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I upgraded to the premium room for the faster wifi which was totally worth it. The dinners with snacks and cocktails at the bar downstairs were a great way to finish a busy day of meeting and trainings. I also used the fitness center which was top notch. All in all I am super happy with my stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a premium room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sasha G
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Sasha,

Thank you for being with us at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark and thank you even more for taking out time and giving us your generous feedback.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Recommended but not te taxis.
Rooms are nice. Hotel is new. Service is fine but I booked taxis from the hotel and he was 50 minutes late and I lost my flight because of that. I had to pay a free to fly back home. It was really a very bad situation.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Paula F
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Paula,

Thank you for being with us at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark and thank you even more for taking out time and giving us your feedback.

On your comment for the delay in the cab to reach your office, on investigation, we found that the driver did leave the hotel on time however got delayed in reaching your office owing to extreme traffic. I'm sure you experienced the same on your way to the airport as well. I really regret this experience that led to an overall dissatisfaction in your mind.

As a small gesture of concern, please allow me to offer you a complimentary upgrade to our premier floor rooms that come with free high speed internet, other in-room amenities and happy hour facility for 2 hours at our lounge bar during your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayted for 2 nights and my stay was very good. The property was conviniently located to my office in the Pritech park area. The property itself was very modern and elegant. The rooms while compact were well built, clean and comfortable. The gym and spa were modern and pool was well maintained. Check in and out was easy. Breakfast was included in the price and was fantastic. I think this hotel is very well suited for business travellers and if I were to visit again, I would not hesitate to come back.

4  Thank Visa2015
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being with us at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark and thank you even more for taking out time and giving us your detailed feedback.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark for two extended stays in May, June and July 2013.

As an Accor Platinum, I was provided with many complimentary amenities, which was much appreciated. These included complimentary laundry service, breakfast, . There were also a few other small gifts along the way.

The location was perfect for closeness to work. However the area is quite isolated and dusty. You will pretty much need to get a cab to go anywhere.

Overall, I had a very good experience. Generally, the hotel staff were warm and friendly, and I got to know several of them over the long time that I stayed. I did genuinely feel valued as a guest.

The room on the 9th floor was facing the swimming pool, and was generally quiet. The only sound you get is the occasional bus horn, which it seems double glazing doesn't stand a chance of stopping. The room was comfortably furnished and nicely decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable, and I slept well almost every night.

The bathroom had a large walk-in shower, which I liked. However some may prefer a tub, which wasn't available.

The swimming pool and gym facilities are excellent.

Overall, the quality of food at the Square for Breakfast and Dinner buffet, and room service was good.

I only have some small quibbles overall with the experience. Considering I stayed over 60 days there was ample scope for many things to go wrong, so please keep these in context, none were more than annoyances:
-Minibar food/drink is over-priced (even more than usual compared to local competition).
-Inconsistency in the breakfast service. Sometimes I'd be offered tea/coffee, sometimes not. Ordering from the live counter seems to be a bit random. Sometimes the paneer paratha would have the cheese in the bread, other times it would be on the side (leading to confusion). Sometimes you don't receive your order and have to chase it.
-Service at the restaurant becomes a bit patchy when there's large groups.
-Some buffet items seem to get cold very quickly.
-The Premier Lounge was closed and appears to be used as a function room instead.
-Swimming pool closes at 7:00pm daily, which seems a bit early - how about one hour later?
-Towels were a bit of a letdown in terms of quality. The seem to be shared with the Ibis.

Overall I had an enjoyable stay and I wouldn't hesistate to return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank cpdc1030
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a relatively new hotel, and it is in great shape. Rooms are nice, large and clean. When I checked in they gave me a coupon for 1,000Rs off a massage, making the spa a very good deal! The gym is nice too - went there a few times and I never had to wait for a machine. Service is fantastic. They offer free taxis every morning and evening for people working in the area - very convenient. All in all - a good place to stay.

The basic internet is slow so you may want to upgrade if you're in need for more bandwidth.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank stuash82
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013