“nice place and good for relax”

Novotel Bengaluru Techpark
Ranked #22 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
New Delhi, India
“nice place and good for relax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

it is a nice place and good for relax after a long flight. it is close to airport and after arrival, we had been just after few minutes at the hotel. modern interior and a friendly service fom the employees there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being with us at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark and thank you even more for taking out time and giving us your generous feedback.

Its comments such as these that us and help us serve better and I am sure my team would be delighted to receive your positive feedback. Even though 50kms from the airport, I'm glad you had a comfortable journey from the airport and felt relaxed the moment you stepped in.

Once again thank you and look forward to your next visit to the hotel while in Bangalore.

Alaa Afifi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hyderabad,India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

location is not good, though the ambiance and quality of food is good service has to be improved i feel it is more of a business hotel rather than family hotel, overall the experience was good to spend the weekend

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Advic,

I completely agree with you on your comment on the poor approach to the hotel owing to the construction of roads. Having said that, its improved a lot in the last 2 years and hopefully will continue doing so to keep up with international standards to cater to the local and international traveller

Goa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very much enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Spent two nights at the property and was very impressed with the level of efficiency and quality of service.Extremely comfortable rooms and a lavish and delicious breakfast.We also had the pleasure of meeting one of the chefs,Grizelda during breakfast. A special thank you to her, for her assistance to my family and me during breakfast on both days.She was very sweet and welcoming and is a real asset to your hotel.No complaints what so ever about my stay and am looking forward to visiting the property again soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Ryan,

Its comments such as these that us and help us serve better and I am sure my team would be delighted to receive your positive feedback. I shall personally add an appreciation note for Chef Gresilda too.

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Better then Average. In comparison with other Novotel, we already had been, this Novotel is much better and our two Night Trip there was fully good andit is especially good for Businesspurposes. Most of guests had been Businesstravelllers.
Nice Deccor and friendly Employee

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

good Novotel in Bengalaru. Just beside the Techpark. We had to spend there two nights and got there a good Service. Nice outfitted Room (comfortable) and Room, was very good clean.
Especiallythe Breakfast was tasty and nice decorated! Also good for conferences in Bengalaru

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at the Novotel because it's located in the midst of the Techpark area. The hotel itself is very good, however, the transfer to and from the airport in the Hotel's courtesy car is really scary. Be prepared for some of the world's worst traffic on some horrific roads. It's hard to believe that such a rapid-growth, high-profile city has such terrible roads.

Room Tip: Room 1601 is superb !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Evans,

Thank you for being with us at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark and thank you even more for taking out time and giving us your feedback.

I completely agree with you on your comment on the poor infrastructure for the city. Having said that, its improved a lot in the last 2 years and hopefully will continue doing so to keep up with international standards to cater to the local and international traveller

San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed for a week at the Novotel Bengaluru (Bangalore) from May 18-24 and found it practically perfect. If you are doing business at the Pritech / Bengaluru Techpark, I can't imagine why you would stay anywhere else.

I was on the 8th floor in an executive room (#1803). It had a view of the tech park across the way, and from what I could tell, was probably the best view to have. Even though they offer "lake views", I didn't find that view that nice when I looked that way from the elevator bank.

The room itself was very comfortable, designed beautifully with dark wood floors, a very comfortable bed and pillows, a side couch to lounge on, a small desk to work from (with lots of outlets to plug in your laptop, USB devices (phone, tablets), etc. and lots of good storage (with one of the deeper room safes I've seen – it easily fit my 17" laptop). A really nice lighting scheme allows one to fit their mood by flipping switches, and the a/c worked beautifully. There is a coffee maker and small mini-bar as well, with the prices very reasonable (compared to typical American prices).

Probably my favorite part of the room was the bathroom, and specifically the shower, which had a glass wall that separated it from the bedroom. Inside of the glass wall was bamboo-looking shade that was electronically controlled for privacy if one wanted. It also had speaker control so one could have the TV on in the bedroom and watch through the glass wall. The rest of the bathroom was modern, with a vessel sink and hand-held bidet equipment next to the toilet.

Now on to the rest of the hotel. Beautiful lobby that references a W Hotel vibe without the pretentiousness. Off of the lobby is the main restaurant that had outstanding food for both breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Each morning was a buffet that had dishes to satisfy almost any visitor from any country. There's also a small patisserie called Delice! that had wonderful pain au chocolates, pastries, and chocolates. Last, there's a bar that comes alive in the evening, with music many nights of the week.

On floor 1 is the pool along with another restaurant/bar. They have chic outdoor furniture and really good food (I had dinner there 2 different nights). The seating area is surrounded by water ways with fountains that come alive at night, with blue lighting that give the area a really groovy vibe. Next to the pool area is an indoor gym, which has a decent array of free weights and machines, treadmills, and bicycles.

Next to the gym is the newly opened Chavana Spa, which offers massages and the other assorted treatments one expects. The spa is very nice...marble floors, low level lighting, mellow music. The masseuse brought out different scented oils ahead of time so that I could choose what I wanted to smell during the massage, along with green tea. I had a Balianese massage (my first one of that kind) and really loved it. It was closer to a deep tissue massage, which I prefer.

And now for the best part of my stay: the service. I was completely impressed with every single person I had contact with at the hotel: the door men, front desk staff, wait staff, room service, gym, pool, and spa. They all greeted me warmly, were attentive, professional, and gracious. I don't know if they've received exceptional training or it's just the Indian culture, but hats off to the entire staff and management for running such a tight ship.

OK, so as the title says, "almost perfect". The one issue I had, and I don't know if it's a hotel issue, or larger, was the WiFi access. It was included in my room rate, but it constantly lost connection (like every few minutes). I had 3 devices and it happened on all of them (and to a co-worker's as well). Many websites wouldn't load properly until I refreshed the screen 2-10 times. Some others would never load during my stay. I couldn't figure out any rhyme or reason to why some did and others didn't. I was eventually able to always do my work, or surf the net, but it was more of a chore than I'm used to.

Without that one complaint, the hotel would have received a perfect score from me. Will definitely stay here again if work brings me this way.

Room Tip: Ask to view the tech park, not the lake, on an upper floor (there are a total of 9 floors).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Its comments such as these that us and help us serve better and I am sure my team would be delighted to receive your positive feedback. I really must compliment you on the every little detail observed and mentioned by you.

I have discussed the internet connectivity issue with my IT manager to check what went wrong and he tells me that this was the time that we were migrating between one service provider to another and hence this connectivity issue and this has been addressed and resolved.