“Great hotel, Excellent Service”

Ranked #25 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Telford, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, Excellent Service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This one is a jewel in Bangalore. We have stayed in various hotels previously included the coveted Leela Palace (which is also brilliant) however this one has outstanding service and great people running it (hope they can keep it up).

The location is on the ring road so it's easy to access the hotel and it works best for people working in that location area. Not so good if you need to commute into town centre. The airport is approx. 1 hour away in the morning and about 1h30m during rush hour.

The elevators did have a peculiar smell when stepping in and out of it (it's coming from the elevator shafts). I think they are sorting it out and the manager of the hotel promised it will be solved before my next visit so let's see.

The bar/cafe roasts it's coffee beans and brews a brilliant coffee. The breakfast layout is excellent (great choice) and all fresh.

The bakery items are worth trying.

1 Thank Icekewler
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your generous feedback and attention to fine details. I have shared your feedback with my team and they are really happy to yet another happy guest. Its comments such as these that motivate us to achieve that extra mile.

I am pleased to inform you that we have taken care of the peculiar odour that was noticed in the elevator which came in through the shaft and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel and wish you a plesant day ahead.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This must be my 10th trip to India but first to Bangalore. The Novotel is a great hotel. Only opened in April 2012, the staff are enthusiastic and the rooms and ammenities first rate. The dining room menu as extensive. But the bar closes at 2330 due to government regulations in ths state. I got a package that included breakfast and wi-fi. Highly recommend.
p.s. the access roads are a bit of a goat track, full of potholes etc

1 Thank Nic_Weston
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Mr Weston,

Thank you so much for sparing your time and giving a positive feedback on the hotel, your stay and the way you were looked after.

I shall be sharing your comments with my team and its comments such as these that boost our morale and help us deliver high standards of guest comfort.

About your comments on the road leading to the hotel, I totally agree with you and the local authorities have confirmed to us that it would be repaired and completed by the end of this year. We are keeping our fingers crossed as we understand how this reflects on the access to our hotel.

Once again, thank you so much for your generous comments and I look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Alaa.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel that serves Fantastic food and gives Great service. It is Located right on the main road. Transport is not an issue as it is near a junction.
I did not stay here. I was here for a week long conference.
USP - Food and service

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Sougata_Nupur
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Ms Nupur,

Thank you for your generous feedback on the food and services of our Hotel. Its comments such as these that boost our morale to achieve greater levels of service.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Atlanta
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Excellent service throughout. Restaurant food was good. Common areas such as the pool, gym, bar and restaurant were great. However, my experience changed dramatically for the worse once I got off the elevator on my room floor. The hallways leading to the rooms smelled of commercial bug spray. Suffice to say, it makes one want to get back on the elevator and also wonder what bugs they must have missed. The rooms were also a negative for me given the size and tiny "desk".

Room Tip: Not tips for a good room. Both sides I looked at had poor views.
1 Thank foodie30309
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on the restaurant, food and the services of the hotel.

Having said that, i was surprised to read about the comment on the smeel on the corridoors and the size of the room. I would really appreciate if you could mail be back with your room number and the date you stayed with us so that i could investigate the smell issue.

About the size of the room, its 27 sqmt and i fully agree with you on the limited working desk space. Its a design issue and we have hi-lighted the same to our designers. Currently this is the latest design that is being followed by all the Novotels accross the world.

I look forward to hearing from you on the above and its comments such as these that help us improve our services and i thank you for the same.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed one week for a business travel, hotel is located further from the center, but close to the techpark, where many companies are located. I cannot have a single complaint about this hotel, everything was great, the service and staff were excellent.

2 Thank iiweta
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Iiweta,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all the staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our product and services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Alaa Afifi
Hotel Manager
Brush Prairie, Washington
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The people here are amazing and helpful. Everyone provides you with the best service ever. The rooms are very comfortable, with one of the best beds I have slept on in another country. It is close to the Techpark for businessmen. The food selection is wonderful and plentiful for every type of appetite. We could not have been happier for our stay.

3 Thank 3jrb
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark also it gives me pleasure that food & services were up to your expectations.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback , at Novotel we strive to continuously improve the quality of our product and services.

Alaa Afifi
Hotel Manager
Tirupati, India
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I happen to be with Novatel Bangaluru Techpark for 4 nights in the Month of July 2012 but did not find time to give the review till now, though the experience was very compelling for me to remember and post a review.

Check-in was a breeze, I stayed with them in Premium Room, Room was good, bath room toiletry was awesome, I was there for study and was spending most of my time in there Lounge on 9th floor, what a experience, one of the best lounge experience I ever had, the staff there will go all the way to make your stay comfortable.

Though there are small issues with the bathroom and room, as its a new property, I am sure they are on it and will get things sorted out.

Breakfast Buffet was good, special thanks to care taker at Lounge, he tried to service in all the possible way he can. Coffee vending machine was very good, and enjoyed coffee at lounge, and do not miss evening happy hours at lounge.

Front Office Manager Mr Irfan was a great guy and helped us with local information and was very courteous.

I used gym and it had all required quality stuff, and gym instructor was a great guy too.

All in all fun time, will love to visit them again.

Room Tip: Extra bucks on Premium Room will go all the way, request for Lake view if possible. And yes 9th Floo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank abhsap
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your generous comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our product and services.