“Why you mustn't stay at Villa Camelot.”
Review of Villa Camelot

Villa Camelot
Ranked #13 of 588 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Yamini and Raghu (owners, caretakers, residents, and the very soul of Villa Camelot) can completely spoil you with their hospitality. So much so, you simply won't get treated the same way anywhere else. If you do stay there, you have been warned. You simply cannot leave the place without attachments. Such is the effortlessness of their warmth and welcome.

Yamini is a stellar host, mother, writer, avid-reader, rumba instructor, storyteller, philanthropist and needless to say, the best company you can have at the dining table. Quite a multi-tasker!

And Raghu doesn't speak much, but he's such a genuine man, you can see he loves his family and extends the vibe to every guest. Also, he's the best cook you will find around.

While he whips up delicious paranthas with a lot of love, Yamini will insist on 'just one more' with 'some more butter!' while Raghu whips them up with a lot of love. There's no stopping the food, but if there's one word to describe the conversation and the feeling, it's 'family'.

They're also great at suggesting places to visit around. And should you have a problem commuting, they will come and pick you up from/drop you to the bus stands, even offer you to take their car to the city!

It's amazing how they can balance such a family atmosphere around their guests without compromising on professionalism one bit. The rooms are squeaky clean, yet very home-like. There is enough silence and space in Whitefield to hear the birds outside.

Also, their darling son Dhairya is a little champ. He's very well brought up, and his cute face and toothy grin hide his sheer brilliance. Oh and you must see his vast car collection, it's enviable!

I can go on and on really. But you get the drift. Don't stay at Villa Camelot. You may plan a trip to Bangalore once more just to stay there again, as I intend to do.

Room Tip: Krishna is the best of them all.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Villa Camelot

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is one experience to write home about!...the energy is encompassed in divinity and the hosts are warm to the hilt!...intelligent eating is what they promote with desserts that will leave you wanting more...The key is the soulful service the hosts deliver with a sense of purpose in what they do for the guests!!!...If you ain't seen Villa Camelot, you ain't seen Bangaluru!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
niray, Owner at Villa Camelot, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Deep ,

THANK YOU for the kind words and such a lovely review !

We loved having you over and catching up on the time gone by , wishing you all the best with your innings with Avteg and we within our heart that you are going to rock ... a new car and a Condominium is just a ' Start " .

Thanks for the encouragement , we now make Baked Beans and Marmalade in bulk knowing within our heart that there are many out there who enjoy 'Home made' stuff :)

We look forward to hosting you soon ... currently ALL SOLD OUT till Jan 2014 . Should you be coming over any earlier ... media room is all yours !!!

Much Love and Big hugs -
Yamini , Raghu , Dhairya , Buck and Bailey

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Arriving at Villa Camelot is just like coming home. It is a real home stay - in the sense that you live with the family, you chat in the kitchen with a nice chai tea, you sit on the balcony in the evenings with the other guests and have a great time - you enjoy your breakfast and your dinner with the family and the other guests. And believe me - you enjoy the food - Raghu is an amazing cook - he should open a restaurant, it's delicious.
The atmosphere is cozy, Yamini has this eye for details, which makes the difference to other places. The rooms are nicely designed, spacious and always spotless clean. It is the warmth of this house and the family which makes you love it.
I stayed there twice so far - first on my way to Mysore just for a night, and on my way back I stayed three nights - I just loved it so much. So whenever I'm in Bangalore I will stay at Villa Camelot. If you are looking for a place, where you can feel at home and also have the privacy and the room quality of a four star hotel - this is the place to go.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dearest of Dear Sabine ,

There's LOADS I wish to Thank You for ... not just the time and effort taken to write this review , but also the LOVE and good wishes you brought into our lives .

We've missed you loads after you left from here , for days we have found ourselves surrounded by your 'Love Dust ' ... I guess the path to my recovery from neck injuries became easier ,for you joined me in my quest for holistic healing .

You are forever in our hearts and we wish you all the best with your plans to setup your own business .

Much love and Big hugs -

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We spent a day at villa camelot last week and wished we could extend our day . The tripadvisor reviews have definitely done justice to this friendly heaven . Apart from the lovely place what jnterested us the most was that Yamini and Raghu make you feel totally at ease . We had a lovely time chatting and relaxing with Yamini , Raghu and their other gusets totally oblivious of the fact that we were meeting them gor the first time .
It felt as if we were meeting some old friends after a long gap . Raghu took care of the cooking and served us a tasty meal and a filling breakfast . I would strongly recommend this charming friendly b and b to those looking for a relaxing , hasselfree and enjoyable stay . Thanks Yamini and Raghu for your fine hospitality .

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Kalpana and Debashish ,

We Thank You and appreciate the time and effort to write this review !

Hoping your mother is stable now and you continue soaking in her love and affection .

Well our facial muscles are still hurting from the jokes , fun and laughter that night . In awe of your general awareness quotient ... you guys were truly the " soul and life " of the evening . Everyone ( Murali / Sabine ) remember you in their conversations often .

Look forward to hosting you whenever you are back in India .

P.S. Raghu made some Orange Marmalade at home and we had you in our thoughts :)

Much Love and Big Hugs -

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed with Yamini , Raghu and Dhairya for 2 nights at the end of our 20 night trip to South India . We couldn't have had a better end to our holiday . Lovely people who made us feel so welcome and left feeling we had known them for much longer than 2 days . Stayed in Krishnaa room which was excellent and oh , all that lovely food . Thought about checking in for a year but hey ho , got to get back to work .
Convenient 1 hour drive to airport .
Shopping malls nearby .
Fully recommend a stay with these guys in coming to Bangalore .

Thanks again guys for such a good time .
Hope to see you again .....sometime soon .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Coli and Lorna ,

Greetings from us all here !

Better late than never they say ... it's only now that I feel fully recovered from my fall and have had the opportunity to sit and write this Thank You note !

Dhairya misses learning to play Dominoes with you , and we miss having long conversations with you both over chai .

You do look like an Indian director ( Mahesh Bhatt ) look him up ! It was great hearing your voice the other day and congratulate you on the arrival of your grandchild .

"Fit for a King " it IS because we had the opportunity to host one !!! We will keep you posted on our Goa expansion ... as of now it's deferred till 2014 .

Thank You for the review and look forward to hosting you soon .

Much Love and Big Hugs -

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Thanks a lot for everything, Yamini and Raghu!

The sheer delight from the experience of my one and a half year long stay at Villa Camelot, the memories of all the amazing moments I spent there during that time, and the bond I developed with the Villa Camelot family (including their very beautifully done house) would stay with me forever.

I stayed in one of the Mogra rooms from August 2011 till January 2013, and everything about my stay was beyond what you can ever expect - the warmth and hospitality I got, the unusually high level of cleanliness and hygiene that they consistently maintained, the quality and reliability of services that were provided, the exceptional level of comfort and peace that I experienced, and the lovely feeling of being a part of a well knit family. And not to forget, the lovely property that is Villa Camelot.

I recommend this place to everyone, and all I'd say is that while you stay here, it becomes your home in the true sense of the word, and that you're treated not just as a valued guest, but as a precious family member.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
niray, Owner at Villa Camelot, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Abhinav ,

A biiiiig thanks for such wonderful words ! What do I say ... you have left a huge imprint on our hearts and mind , that invariably during Breakfast and Dinner conversations we happen to mention about you.

May have been a year plus stay , but to us it still feels like yesterday you checked in and how soon time flies .

Hoping and always wishing for great innings in whatever you put your heart and mind into. Whether in Bangalore or Delhi you are always in spirit with us in every celebration that Villa Camelot sees .

Much love and Warm Hugs -
Yamini , Raghu and Dhairya ( and bow wows from Buck )

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Hospitality at its finest. A rare find! We stayed here on our first ever night India, having never been before, fresh off the plane from London Heathrow. As soon as we arrived it was like we were visiting old friends. Chai, dinner and a hug. All or worries were answered, Yamini and her family work so hard to make everything as easy as it can be…helping us sort out an Indian Sim card, negotiating the local transport, planning our 5 week trip, do and don’ts, cultural insights….and whole lot more. After one night we felt like part of the family. I liked staying her so much that I extended my stay by a week so I could stay longer. If you are only visiting Bangalore for a night then stay here! It’s about a 45min drive for the airport. Likewise if there was space for me I would jump at staying here for an extended period in one of the long-stay rooms. Our room was beautifully decorated and so clean (as was the whole home – Yamini’s standards are very high – one of the cleanest places I ever stayed in while in India). I cannot recommend Villa Camelot enough, I have not felt so welcome and looked after for such a long time. While I was there Yamini organised personal one-to-one Yoga sessions on her stunning veranda, taught me some great Indian dishes, organised a private driver for me, accompanied me to a local salon for some pampering and invited me out on a family day trip which was a pure joy and ensured I didn’t miss my connecting flight home due to the fog, absolutely everything was taken care even without me asking. Hospitality at its finest. A rare find.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
niray, Owner at Villa Camelot, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Alva ,

Well thanks for the time and effort to write this review to begin with .

You are being MISSED terribly , whatever we did , we had to do it because , remember ,you at Villa Camelot are a part of our extended family ?

I know for sure that you are now well settled back home and dream on about your India 2nd innings ... well all I have to say to that is that let's make it BIGGER than before ... more madness , more travel and more "Chai " time chats .

Look forward to hosting you sometime soon .

Love , Hugs and Kisses -
Yamini , Raghu , Dhairya and Buck !