“Great end to an India journey”
Review of Villa Camelot

Villa Camelot
Ranked #15 of 588 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Thanks so much to Yamini and her family for giving me a wonderful send-off from India.

From the moment I arrived, they welcomed me completely into their family, letting me tag along with them on their Saturday outing... showing me the local sights, and generally enjoying the weekend.

Their house is beautiful, with the kitchen at the centre of everything... mealtimes were a great opportunity to share experiences and delicious food- Yamini is a great chef and hostess.

Thanks again for everything.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
niray, Owner at Villa Camelot, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Emma ,

A huge thanks for the time and effort taken to write this review .

They say better late than never ... thanks to the season rush , getting some free time 'now' to be able to post my response .

We loved having you over ... and I am thoroughly enjoying the goody bag you left behind !

Wish to host you for a longer stay ... why not give us a few more days the next time you are back here ... hopefully by then we'll have another Bed and Breakfast in Goa !!!

Much love and hugs -
Yamini , Raghu , Dhairya and Buck

There are newer reviews for Villa Camelot

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Words cannot properly express the wonderful time I had at Villa Camelot during my week-long stay in Bangalore. Yamini and her family welcomed me warmly from the time I arrived until the time I left. Their lovely home is far from city centre, but it was certainly the oasis I needed after a grueling travel schedule in Asia. I was able to relax, put my feet up and did some much needed R&R. The food was great (I miss the chai!); the rooms clean and comfortable. I watched the 2012 Summer Olympics in the wonderful TV room and read books that Yamini lent to me. She was kind enough to let me hog her computer since mine was broken. She and her husband helped me navigate the logistical nightmares of the railway station, getting a local sim card, etc, etc. I felt like part of the family. Hopefully, when I returned to India again, I will stay here again. I recommend this place to every and anyone, through and through.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
niray, Owner at Villa Camelot, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Rashidat ,

Warm and Big hugs from ALL at Villa Camelot !

Thanks a buch for the good words and the effort to write this review . I've been following your " Around the World journey " very closely on Facebook and get extremely excited and happy for you , whenever i see great pictures with it !

My back is completely healed now and can move about normally ... also we are back on taking bookings for the next season ( sold out till January 2013 ) !!!

Oh the Movie ( Ice Age 4 ) is something Dhairya and i will never forget ... we are glad that you felt a part of the Family , because that's the ONLY way it was meant to be :) !

Give us a shout when in India and we'll relive the craziness !

Much Love -
Yamini , Raghu and Dhairya

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Villa Camelot was one of the best experiences I had in my month in India. Yamini's home is spotless, welcoming and beautiful, and Yamini herself is a reliable and warm host and friend. She and Ragu will cook up a storm in their kitchen for guests, too. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Krishna is a great room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Manda ,

A Biiiiiiiiig and heartfelt Thank You for the time and effort taken to write this review . Well , it was great to have you all with us ... Your Yoga on the terrace , Sheila's impromptu sketches of teh property are a few of the memorable things that makes your visit special !

Hoping that your month long journey in India was enjoyable and memorable . Each one of you adds to the pool of learning that we undertake whenever mixed nationalities come and be a part of our Home and family .

God Bless you ALL in all that you do ... the wedding pictures and stories are pending for the next trip of yours .

Much Love -
Yamini , Raghu and Dhairya

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Villa Camelot is simply wonderful and such a great place to stay. Yasmina is a wonderful host and you really feel part of the family. Great food and a lovely homely atmosphere best place I've stayed in India and couldn't recommend it more. A must if in bangalore !!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank charlotte h
niray, Owner at Villa Camelot, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Dear Charlotte ,

Greetings from ALL at Villa Camelot ( especially Dhairya , your Animation 3D Movie Buddy )!

We appreciate and thank you for your time and effort to write in this review . I had been procrastinating a bit to respond to your review for a while now , got caught up with the season rush . All said and done can confidently tell you that you have been missed dearly all this while and Raghu and I often talk fondly about your visit .
Hoping to see you back with us sometime again in future :) !

Love and Hugs -

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Stayed for 3 months in the Tulsi room while on an assignment with SAP. Would highly recommend to anyone, especially to professionals who want to come back "home" after a long day at the office.

The villa is conveniently located relatively close the the airport and the Whitefield IT parks; a bit further down from the downtown area/train/bus stations.

The room, just like the rest of the property, was well maintained and kept spotless clean; equipped with basic furniture including a bed, large wardrobe, bedside tables and a ceiling fan (never felt the need for AC). The only thing I missed a little was a work desk.

The food was very good, musli, fruits, variety of eggs with some Indian for breakfast; and mainly veg north indian for dinner. I also enjoyed "european" style fresh salads.

The hospitality is just amazing. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and are ready to help you out with just about anything, be it your travel arrangements or shopping.

Room Tip: The Tulsi is just fine. You may want to go for Krishna during the summer or if you want your own pri...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
niray, Owner at Villa Camelot, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Dear Ivo ,

Greetings from ALL of us at VILLA CAMELOT !

Would like to thank you for your time and effort to write this review for us . Well the 3 months as though just flew past , pleased to know that we could keep you happy and looked after during your stay here with us .

You've left a HUGE void , in that i miss the evening chats over the weekend ... and the goole time to look for info pertaining to your travel in South India !

I'm glad we could delight you with the food and especially the salads .

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful guest that you were and we look forward to hosting you again sometime in future ( will ensure you have a writing desk ... how i wish you'd asked ) !!!

Wishing you the best of stay and memories in Singapore / Australia , god bless you with the best !

Best Wishes -

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I recommended my Dutch friends to stay here. They are more than satisfied. I am more than glad for recommending a clean, warm, cozy, homely place to stay in busy bangalore. I have already recommended other friends too. Guess this sums it all up ! As a business person, I find this double the value for my money. And the warmth extended by Yamini & Raghu along with their sweet little kids is priceless! Don't trust me until you experience it yourself!

Room Tip: try krishna!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
niray, Owner at Villa Camelot, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Dear Kishore ,

Greetings from Villa Camelot !

We thank you for your time and effort to write this review . It pleases us no end that we could delight your friend's and touch their soul for you to call me a " Mother in Bed " ! It was a pleasure to usher in the New Year with you ... hoping to see you soon .

We still have cherished memories of the lovely flowers ( Blessings of Lord Krishna ) that you got for us .

Many Thanks -

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I've stayed in all sorts of places in India and Villa Camelot is certainly one of the best. The food is excellent, the hosts very hospitable who make you part of the family immediately, the rooms large and clean, hot water etc

You eat dinner with the others so it gives you a chance to get to know other guests as well as Yamini and Raghu and the culture.

My gf arrived the day before I did and she spent the day with Yamini without feeling like a burden at all. In fact, it greatly enhanced her experience of getting in touch with Indian way of life. They also helped organise a car for us when we needed to leave. We also managed to leave some washing behind which they kindly couriered to the address we sent them.

I cannot recommend enough as THE place to stay in Bangalore.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NRS_7
niray, Owner at Villa Camelot, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear Hannah and Neal ,

Your effort to write a review is extremely valued and much appreciated !

As much as you loved staying here ... we loved hosting you !
I guess , i found a companion in Hannah to do all my girlie stuff ( Shopping / Salon visit / fashion talk etal ) and the day just went by .
Good to know you loved the food ... i guess words of encouragement and praise always , motivate us to outdo ourselves !!!

Much Love and Thanks -