“Comfortable stay for family”

Sterlings Mac Hotel
Ranked #89 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Staff was very helpful , people around were always ready to help. The food at 20char can be improved. The room was nice, well lit and clean. The eatables inside the room were reasonably charged ( i remember in other 5 star they cost a bomb ).

Room Tip: Take Deluxe room, that's better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank sumitsethi
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience at our hotel.

Your positive comment regarding our rooms, staff and service is inspirational for all of us.
Your feedback on food at 20char has been already shared with our chef.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Sterling's Mac Hotel soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2014

In the hotel we were in March / 2014. Also thanks to this hotel and always helpful staff, we are very popular with the city of Bangalore. We traveled with whom she had a daughter two years. The hotel is at first sight a business-oriented but to my surprise everything was better than any hotel here in Europe. Pesonal from the beginning was very helpful. I will go step by step:
Restaurant - very nice and tasteful. Option is the buffet or from the menu. Staff are right and everyone knows what to do. Never really ever happened to me that I would for a meal, or any requirement pending. Always someone came and asked if everything is okay. What concern meals, a pride to its perhaps everyone. Spicy, European even asked what food she likes best prepare my daughter and her children's portion of pasta :) bill will gladly credited to the room so you shall eat comfortably without cash. Breakfast is excellent, classic but also local specialties. I personally meal every morning pancakes and maple syrup :) sometimes someone on the staff surprised a local specialty that I tasted - always very good.
Lobby Bar - do I mix you a drink just ake sense (not weak) :)
Room - we had a supplement for deluxe and I really feel very good there. Great quality bedding in style Boxspring, TV, minibar, available via nonstop drinking water, blackout curtains, and what surprised me most, every day perfectly tidy room and fresh flowers in the bathroom :)
Fitness - has advanced equipment such as stepper, treadmill, weights, TV, drinking water, mats
Outdoor patio and pool - I think it it's a city hotel pool has adequate size, hot water was oriented on the sunny side :)
And now the most important thing - Pesonal.
As to the pesonalu I really have not yet met with staff and willing at this hotel. And I walked already nice piece of the world. Everyone helped, have smiled.
Namely Queenss Kakati - smile young woman who has always been very dedicated to my daughter when I ate, I advise stores for shopping and we stayed girlfriend remotely via social networks Facebook :) Of course, the waiters who played a snout like :)
I never met with awkward moment when personal waits for the financial reward for their willingness. And that surprised me the most.
With this hotel I was very very happy and looking forward to the soon returned again. Add our photo :)

Room Tip: every rooms is ok
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore and we thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you.

Your appreciation of our service is indeed heart-warming. Your positive observations regarding our rooms, food and service is inspirational for all of us.

I have shared your review with my entire team and am confident that your feedback will further motivate them towards achieving higher and exceeding levels of expectations. I have also ensure that Queen Kakkati is duly recognized for her efforts.

The entire team looks forward to welcome you back at The Sterlings Mac Hotel, Bangalore.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed in Matthan with a group of 15 students from California. My stay at Matthan far exceeded my expectations. After our stay in Delhi, many of our students were down with 'Delhi Belly". The staff made sure the students got the right medical treatment. The doctor on call came to examine the sick student. Tapas, the staff at the hotel accompanied me early morning to the Manipal Hospital next door. The catering staff took extra care to prepare special diet. Overall, I thanked my stars that I was staying in Matthan and not any other hotel where the staff showed that they cared. The rooms were excellent and the hygiene the best. Food was excellent and the hotel is centrally located. I would give this hotel A++. I look forward to returning with more of students in the years to come.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Leela Palace is great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Sterlings Mac Hotel Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the staff, doctor on call and services are truly appreciated. It is our endeavor to create unforgettable memories for our valuable guests.

Your compliments have been shared with the entire team, who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized.

We are delighted to note that Sterlings Mac Hotel would be your choice of hotel during your next visits to Bangalore with your team and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had a chance to visit the Arabian restaurant - Shebestan - at Matthan. We had chosen this place to celebrate our anniversary and I must say it was a very wise decision indeed.

At the outset, Matthan hotel's outlook, entrance and accessibility are nothing short of extraordinary.

Shebestan itself has been designed and presented in a very relaxing but eye-soothing manner. You almost feel as if you have been transported to middle east ..:)

The cuisine was delicious. My kids liked the kebabs a lot and the sampler they had for Arabian experience was delectable.

with nice arabic music and extremely efficient and warm service the whole experience was made note-worthy.

Thanks to Shebestan and I would definitely look forward to visiting the place again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor about the Shebestan 'An Authentic Arabic Restaurant'.

We are very delighted on learning of your enjoyable Lunch/Dinner at Shebestan.

You have been kind to express your happiness at our service levels & the food served. We are extremely encouraged to have your appreciation on this and its going to motivate my team to stay focused.

I am also delighted to know that you are impressed with our hotel architecture which is designed to perfection.

We would love to see you soon at The Sterlings Mac Hotel, Bangalore!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is a review for the 20 Char restaurant at Sterling's Mac hotel.
I had seen the huge pillars on the front of the hotel everyday on my way to work and wanted to see how the hotel looked inside. Hotel Location is very good and well connected. The decor is quite exquisite and nicely made. The central area inside the building has a huge open space with the 20 Char restaurant open for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I visited the restaurant with my wife for a dinner buffet. Ideally we would avoid buffets at night to reduce the food intake. But taking a look at the menu prices will make you think the buffet is a good value for money option allowing you to taste many different dishes at the same time without digging too deep into your pocket.

The food was absolutely delicious and we took 2 and half hours to complete our dinner slowly talking and eating. The restaurant staff are very courteous and visited our table many times to request for orders and ask if everything was okay. At some point, I felt annoyed by the extreme customer service and politely asked the waiter to not ask so many times as he seemed to be circling us every few minutes asking if everything is okay. He never came back but we were almost done. Being vegetarian, we felt the menu was quite above standards with many options for Veg folk. The food had great taste and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Overall, a good place for a romantic dinner with great service, good food and a large screen for watching sports.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pramod S

Dear Guest,

It was indeed our immense pleasure having you visit us and thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor about your recent visit at 'The Sterlings Mac Hotel Bangalore'.

I am very delighted to know that you are impressed with our interiors which is designed to perfection. We are happy to learn from your feedback that you found our food, service and facilities to your satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at The Sterlings Mac Hotel, Bangalore!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had stayed in the hotelon 7th June for one night and it is a good hotel with good choice and quality of food. The restaurant staff are quite pleasant and fast in service. The hotel interiors are very good. Only sore point is the size of room. We stayed in an executive room but executive room can not be so small that even one person will find it difficult to move in the room if the other person is using the chair provided in the room. I think even on comparable basis with other hotels of similar stature, executive room size can not be so small.This is a bit disappointment. Probably guests checking in should be willing to compromise on this aspect.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Sterlings Mac Hotel.

Your compliments about the hotel, food & the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

We have also noted your feedback about the room size we wish you to try our Deluxe room which is bigger than the base category for your future stay.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Sterlings Mac Hotel soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Nice location, exactly opposite Hotel Leela Palace, and next to the Manipal Hospital. Fantastic artworks as you want into the lobby. Excellent sense of colour palette in the rooms. The variety of food options for Room Service is huge, runs over 15 pages in the directory. Much more than value for money at this place.
Jun.2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor and also for your kind words of praise for our hotel, facilities and services.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and we have met your expectations. It is our constant effort to ensure that we meet up with the services and products that our guests have come to expect from us.

I thank you once again for your time and the wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back at Sterlingsmac Hotel.