“fantastic place”

Sterlings Mac Hotel
Ranked #81 of 666 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed May 18, 2014

visited the hotel with family a fantastic place, rooms are great and beautiful, service is also good, swimming pool and gym are good, beautifully designed and good interiors room, its like the palace concept on the outside and the modern amenities in the inside

Room Tip: select room on the back or with pool view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Manoj,

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and we have met your expectations, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

We would love to see you back soon at Sterlings Mac Hotel, Bangalore.

There are newer reviews for Sterlings Mac Hotel

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I checked out today morning from Hotel Matthan and sharing my experience.
* Check-in was a breeze. I was in the room in less than 5 min from the lobby
* Support staff who guided me to the room was friendly, smiling & explained me the services they offer which was very helpful
* Every time I called up their support staff from my room (Bar, Reception, In Room Dining Services, etc) - all of them spoke to me patiently and gave me clear and precise answers which is very refreshing and I never had any confusion about certain services & offers at the Hotel
* Every time I return to the room in the evening. It was crystal clear, well arranged. On my way to the room every staff, security personal I have eye contact - smile and greeted me warmly. This helped me switch to a good mood after a tiring day.
* Food is excellent both in-room dining options and the breakfast. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
* Staff at the Breakfast area were really nice and cordial.

Could have been better:
* The room size though it was a 250 SQFT room with King Bed, it looked much smaller than that.
* In the bathroom there always some sort of tapping noise which was not frustrating but definitely distracting which could be fixed

* Overall I had a peaceful, & pleasant stay at the Hotel Matthan. My heart says to give a Excellent rating but I am giving a Very Good because - in the service industry there is always room for improvement.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank rAnJiThKuMaRnAiR
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Dear Ranjith,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Sterlings Mac Hotel.

Your compliments about the food & the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

We have also noted your feedback about the room size we wish you to try our Deluxe room which is bigger than the base category for your future stay.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Sterlings Mac Hotel soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Was here for a wedding.Around 25 of us and yet we were recognized personally.
The rooms are comfortable and stay was good.
The breakfast spread was really good with a wide selection.
The staff were very helpful with our last minute requests.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear UrbanNomad,

Thank you very much for taking time to share the feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful for your positive comments on our product and facilities. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the team for whom it has been a great source of inspiration. Our chefs were also happy to note that you enjoyed your breakfast experience.

The team and I thank you once again for your time and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I along with my sister finalized this place to host a surprise party for my father on 1st of May, and all i can say is we made a very good decision. We had an amazing time, my entire family of around 20 ppl including kids had a great time and enjoyed the food extremely. Their spread was exquisite and the friendly staff really helped make things go very easy and smoothly. We did not have to face any problems or inconvenience as all the arrangements were done perfectly. The Manager went out of his way to reserve more than half of the restaurant area for our convenience so we had all the space to move around :) Thank you guys for making the event so successful !! Looking forward to organizing more events here...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Winnie,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience in TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time at The Sterlings Mac Hotel Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel, staff and our services are truly appreciated. I have conveyed your gracious comments to the team for whom it has been a great source of inspiration. It is our endeavor to create unforgettable memories for our valuable guests.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I traveled to Bangalore for work overnight and was pleasantly surprised by Matthan Hotel on the other side of The Leela Palace in Indiranagar.
It's a relatively new property (I believe 4-5 years old) and had great service throughout our stay. The breakfast offers several variety of Indian and continental fare and is good.
We didn't really have dinner there, but lunch was quite good and also the Arabic restaurant is worth a try for the several varieties of kebabs they offer and the ambiance.
The rooms are quite big with a good bathroom and strong jets of shower with a comfortable bed.
The negative points are:
- Since the atrium opens up all the way to the top with rooms at the periphery, there is always the slight smell of food wafting up from the buffet / breakfast from the ground floors.
- The music from the lobbies downstairs too is audible late at night and I have suggested that they tone it down.
- I used the gym while there and there were no attendants to help with some of the equipment that changes from place to place - not that I needed someone to wait on me, but to help a bit on the machines initially.

Note: The Business Room is in a place you would never guess - it takes you through a labyrinth on the first floor, through the Exit Sign doors, and then through a couple of corridors to a windowless space with the desktops being in small tiny booths. The only other larger room available is a 14 seater conference room there.

Room Tip: Take one of the upper floors where the smell of the food and sound of elevator music is lowest.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Chipalkatti,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at The Matthan Hotel Bangalore.

Please do accept our sincere apologies for not having met your expectations and inconvenience caused to you. The feedback has been shared with our team members to assure that we will take necessary measures to improvise on this areas of concern as highlighted by you. I would sincerely urge you not to judge us solely based on this stay and definitely look forward to welcoming you back at The Matthan Hotel.

You have been kind to express your happiness at our service levels and the food served at Shebestan An authentic Arabic Restaurant. We are extremely encouraged to have your appreciation on this and its going to motivate my team to stay focused.

Once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at the Matthan Hotel Bangalore.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

The hotel is located just opp to Leela, (quite far from the current airport), where I had to go for a seminar; hence the choice of Matthan. The entry area is simply superb, and makes you think of a 5-star resort (not a hotel!). The reception is quite big and made classy. The interiors are really done well, and I could see influence of many cultures ! The breakfast area is quite big, and lovely made. The room was bit small, and though it had some element of classiness / royal touch, it still was pretty dark to my taste. the choice of wood was dark. on the contrast, the bathroom was very well made and bright (white). The breakfast had lovely options with good taste. Overall service was good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Pranav,

Thank you very much for taking time to share the feedback on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Well let me begin with the good. The arabic restaurant Shebestian was amazing in service, food quality and humble staff. I stayed at the hotel for 6 days and had 3 dinners there. Yes the food was that good! but even better was the staff which listened if you didnt like anything and made it right. Would love to go back to the restaurant whenvr in town.

The hotel is crappy. I booked through online site where there was a special promotion. When I look at the room, it ends even before it starts. Literally you cant even walk witHout bumping yourself in wall or the basic furniture in the room. The washbasin has dirty marks, cleaning person says its lost its color because too old. The door of the shower panel doesn't close. When we compained abt all this, this lady in saree at the front desk says we have bookd through online and that is the room we will get else we can pay Rs 1000 extra per night. Now the picture of the room that was shown while bookng is of a much bigger room. Anyways nobody listened to us.
When complained abt the wash basin, nothing was done. Fr the shower panel door not closing, the hotel sends 3 masons with all their tools and cements and ask them to repair it while I am in the room. They did not have the courtsey to shift me to a similar room, even while the repair was on.
One of the mornings when I am having breakfast, a suited booted lady walks up and asks if I am enjoying my stay? I tell her that I am not happy she says she check and get me shifted. 5 minutes later she walks back again just gives her card and walks out without discussing whether anything is to be done abt the problems, with a iritating 'Enjoy ur Stay' cliche.

This hotel certainly does not meet the basic criteria to be a 5 star hotel. I am going to complaint to the right authorities to ensure that the 5 star status of this hotel is either revoked or the hotel is forced to improve its facilities.
This is conning people! You can get a much better experience at Hotel Royal Orchid nearby at the same price! so dnt bother with this crappy place. go eat in there arabic restaurant though!

Room Tip: dont book thru any promotional offer, they cheat you and give you a store room to live in!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Pallavi S
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Pallavi,