“Good standard” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sterlings Mac Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sterlings Mac Hotel
Ranked #81 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good standard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel is of a very good standard well serviced and clean, bathrooms are a bit strange but nothing to worry about. The hotel is a business hotel with everything you may need .Good restaurant to match, location is good for the city entre, just make sure you leave a substantial amount of time to get to the airport, traffic is shocking

Room Tip: City traffic is shocking, make sure you leave loads of time to get tot he airport.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Wakefield,

Thank you for choosing The Matthan Hotel, Bangalore for your stay and for spending your precious time in sharing your feedback on tripadivsor.

It is encouraging to receive such terrific compliments from a senior contributor on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you appreciate the Ideal Location, stay, food and service in the hotel.

We request you to try our New Restaurant "Shebestan" an authentic Arabian fine dining restaurant that has just opened at your next visit. Shebestan- The one-of-its kind specialty restaurant is dedicated solely to the exotic cuisine. The menu has been crafted keeping in mind the traditional cooking styles across 24 nations and provinces in the Middle East. The restaurant's decor reflects Arabic culture and traditions in the designs, artifacts and handicrafts.

We look forward to welcoming you again at The Matthan Hotel, Bangalore!

Arya Srini Rao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We recently celebrated our son's Birthday Party. Excellent Service by the staff Mr. Salauddin, Mr. Anil Shetty & Mr. Ritesh & team. I am very much thankful for the team for making my son’s birthday party most memorable one. Food & banquet hall arrangement was very good. We got very good feedback from our guest’s. Hotel’s ambience is very good. What more can I say … everything was “excellent”

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Divya,

Truly appreciate the review you posted on TripAdvisor of your experience at The Matthan Hotel, Bangalore!

We are much thrilled on learning of your enjoyable Birthday Party of your son at The Matthan Hotel. You have been generously kind to express your happiness at our service levels. We are extremely encouraged and its going to motivate my team to stay focused and committed at work.

We would love to see you back at The Matthan Hotel, Bangalore!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I visited and stayed in this hotel for business purpose. Though from outside it looked small but after entering I found it quite spacious. Nice architecture on the walls and the ambience was good too. The room was decently sized and spacious with clean bed and linen. I found the programmable unit of TV not so intuitive and user friendly. Internet connectivity was decent.
The food during the dinner was just about average.

Room Tip: Get the room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Anupam Tiwari,

Its fabulous that you could take time out of your busy schedule to review on tripadvisor about your stay experience at The Matthan Hotel, Bangalore!

We are immensely pleased to learn that you are impressed with our interiors which is designed to perfection and for appreciating our quality of room & the facilities of the Hotel.

We wish you to try our New Restaurant "Shebestan" an authentic Arabian fine dining restaurant that has just opened. The one-of-its kind specialty restaurant is dedicated solely to the exotic cuisine. The menu has been crafted keeping in mind the traditional cooking styles across 24 nations and provinces in the Middle East. The restaurant's decor reflects Arabic culture and traditions in the designs, artifacts and handicrafts.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon at Matthan Hotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

First with the positive:
Property looks nice with decorative entrance of horses and lion carved columns. Check in was very quick and 2 staff in front was very polite and professional.
Rooms are nicely styled. Big bed. Big window. Very efficient A/C.
Nice bathroom (bit small for a deluxe room though). Good shower!
Nice layout of the restaurants in the centre of the hotel.
Good variety of food available.
In room dining very quick!.

Negative:
For a "5star", the wireless connectivity is surely a bummer in the rooms. In the restaurants it's extremely fast and effective. In the room it kept on disconnecting and the signal was so weak!
Called reception and the sent IT within 5 min. He checked my laptop and did a speed test and the result ended up as: 0.60mbps!!! Unacceptable for a business hotel. I told him to bring me a cable to plug in directly to the socket. This helped a bit by eliminating the constant loss of connectivity. Speed remained the same though. :((
TV channels was "hanging" and after numerous calls to the call centre and IT it was useless. The tv will come on and for 5 min you can watch a program and 3 min later..... "Stream not available" !! It's irritating.
Bathroom washbasin can surely be cleaned with something. Looks like the sink was mended by a very bad installer and the grooves in the sink is very dirty. As far as I'm aware that in today's hotels, especially 4-5 stars, it is not allowed to have basins with corners! Health risks.

This hotel can be very nice with some touch ups.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at The Matthan Hotel, Bangalore!

We are immensely pleased to learn that you are impressed with our interiors which is designed to perfection.

Please do accept our sincere apologies for not having met your expectations and the inconvenience caused to you. The feedback has been shared with the team members and it is to assure you that we will take all necessary measures to improvise on the areas of concern as highlighted by you.

I really thank you for bringing this to our notice and welcome your feedback in this regards as it helps us in enhancing our service levels and exceeding the guests expectations. I would sincerely urge you not to judge us solely based on this stay and definitely look forward to welcoming you back at The Matthan Hotel, Bangalore!

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Along with my friend family visited the Arabian restaurant for a Friday dinner. Staff gave us a very warm and courteous welcoming. The restaurant has a royal and elegant setup with a soothing Arabian music. And most important - the food was excellent . Every dish was perfectly prepared and delicious.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Surya,

Thank you for spending your precious time to provide your valuable feedback on your experience at The Matthan Hotel, Bangalore!

We appreciate your feedback on the New Restaurant "Shebestan" an authentic Arabian fine dining restaurant that has just opened. The one-of-its kind specialty restaurant is dedicated solely to the exotic cuisine. The menu has been crafted keeping in mind the traditional cooking styles across 24 nations and provinces in the Middle East. The restaurant's decor reflects Arabic culture and traditions in the designs, artifacts and handicrafts.

We are immensely pleased to learn that you enjoyed the Arabic cuisine served at the 'Shebestan' restaurant and also thank you for showering your accolades on our hotel staff's helpfulness, we shall surely pass this on to them.

We would love to see you back at The Matthan Hotel, Bangalore!

Freehold, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Matthan Hotel (opposite to Leela Palace, Bangalore). Excellent Location, Awesome Ambiance, a good set of restaurants and service. Only issue was the inexperienced house keeping staff but the management rectified the issues very quickly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank REJI0212
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Reji,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Matthan Hotel, Bangalore!

We are immensely pleased to learn that you are impressed with our interiors which is designed to perfection and also enjoyed the cuisine at "20Char" restaurant. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. We have made a note of your feedback on the House Keeping Service and shall work with our team to find an appropriate solution to make your future stay comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you again at The Matthan Hotel, Bangalore!

Kristiansand, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

How should I start? So I checked in to this property, looked "different", interiors were bold and low light (may be a gothic theme, I dont know!). Overall it looked interesting to stay before I went into my room. First of all, they took crazy 30 minutes to assign me a room (I was pre-booked and my wife and parents in law were waiting in the lobby during that time - it was supposed to be a corporate booking, and I was looking no more than a fool wondering about that).
Anyway, my in-laws left, I wanted to relax a little, so I decided to take a bath and horror started, the bathroom sink had few hair strands, there was no toilet paper roll, and the most terrible thing - bad bad smell, why, someone didnt flush or the cleaning person decided to leave a hint of his last presence in my room! Anyway, I washed my face and went to the bed and I found a dirty linen and few more hair strands...I was patient may be to test myself! (note: I gave up Leela which is my regular hotel, just to have a taste of this hotel since my company admin guy recommended it). Anyway I sat for sometime and I heard crazy banging all over the place as if someone was trying to break in with hammers. I called the manager, he assured he would take care of it. 15 minutes past, 1 hour past - NO ACTION. My wife complaint about headache, I called the manager again atleast to change the room, he promised to come in 5 minutes, and no sign even after 45 minutes. I finally told the lady at frontdesk about leaving this hotel immediately so if she could call a taxi! (Leela was just opposite, but I needed a taxi for my luggage). Another 45 minutes, no sign of anything. I went down, tried to talk calmly, her response - our duty manager is busy with workers, and they couldnt entertain "low priority" request on priority. I was furious, I demanded his presence and after some time she finally agreed that she would send him to my room. No luck yet, and its 30 minutes over. My wife asked my to calm down and watch some TV. And another disaster - TV doesn't work, why? Remote control had no batteries. OK, no biggie, I tried manual controls, TV was on but no channels, asked my wife to call reception - response was "may be signal was out, we could get it fixed next day as electrician was busy/not available". Anyway, after 1 hour the manager finally arrived, and I must describe him - unshaved guy, normal pants, shirt was not tucked in, and wearing bathroom slippers! wow, please dont get me wrong here, no mean intentions, I dont want to sound rude here, but this was supposed to be a "5 star" property, atleast they say so! But this was not expected. I started talking to him in English, but he couldn't utter a single word. Somehow I realised and started talking in Hindi, and here you go. "Sir, sorry. Sir, it was a mistake Sir, it wont happen again. Sir, dont go and all those things". I asked, did you call a taxi yet, his response was NO. I asked, can you give me another room which is quiet and clean, his response - "Sorry sir, we cant. If you want upgraded room, please book it and we can give it to you". He said he didnt have "power" to allot me another room, which was really really funny. Anyway, finally I picked my stuff, went down, left the hotel, refused to sign on checkout paper and asked them to follow up with my corporate team.
This was worse than my horrible dream till date, I would never ever go to this hotel!!! I hope this review can save you to make a terrible choice.

• Stayed November 2012