“Interesting Architecture”

Sterlings Mac Hotel
Ranked #93 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay at Matthan. I stayed at Leela palace which is across the street and never thought that the Matthan was a hotel. The architecture of the building is such that it looks like a museum or something like that from the outside. The interiors were stunning. For the great location, comfortable room, great food and great service, I thought the price was pretty cheap compared to other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: The receptionist told me that I was upgraded to a Deluxe room and I had high expectations. The Delux...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded August 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking your time and sharing your valuable feedback. It is our continuous effort to maintain a high standard of quality service. I am delighted to know that you are happy with my staff and hotel room offered to you. The hotel is designed to match Indo - Asian culture due to which the interior of the lobby and atrium is very warm and pleasant. We do have outdoor swimming pool and fitness centre to cater the need of the buisness / leisure travellers.

Once again we thank you for staying with us and sharing the valuable feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back to hotel Matthan to offer our candid services.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Welcome - Warm.
Room - Well Organised .
Room Service - Fast.
Break fast - Mouth Watering.
Lunch - Testy
Dinner - Enjoyable.
Restaurant - Well Decorated.
Staff - Courteous
Lifts - Beautiful.
NO SMOKING PLEASE...
Hope all Needed Covered.

Room Tip: All is Well
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GulK276
Management response:Responded August 18, 2012

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed an entire week at Matthan. Decent price per night, very friendly people, good breakfast (if you like Indian cuisine). Lots of TV channels, cheap rental car with driver. Not crowded, silence anytime during the day.
Location very good if you need to be near Bagmane Lake Tech Park. Only 30 minutes by car during rush hour.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded August 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking your time and sharing your valuable feedback. It is our continuous effort to maintain a high standard of quality service. I am delighted to know that you are happy with my staff, food and hotel room offered to you. The hotel is designed to match with fusion of Indo - Asian culture due to which the interior of the lobby and atrium is very warm and pleasant. We do have outdoor swimming pool and fitness centre to cater the need of the buisness / leisure travellers. Our hotel is just 20 Min away from Bagmane Tech Park where the top MNC like Volvo, HP, Cognizant , Samsung to Name a few which are located at the close proximity .

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had to attend a conference in Leela Palace Bangalore and I was travelling from Mumbai to Bangalore. As I had stayed in Bangalore for 5 years, I knew Leela Palace was very expensive for a one night stay. So, after some search I found Matthan (bang opposite Leela Palace). Considering this was a business trip, I wanted a smart hotel where the service was good and the price was reasonable. This was my first stay with them and when I reached and saw the hotel I liked it a lot. I stayed with a colleague of mine. We both were amazed that how fast the hotel service is... The interiors are done in a wooden style material, I am not sure if it was wood though, but it gives a nice feel to the overall hotel. The staff was courteous throughout our stay and very helpful too. We went to a nearby pub and returned late. Watched TV and there was a good selection of channels available. The best thing was free 24 hours WiFi internet connectivity. I could connect my iPad and Laptop easily. Got a good sleep as the bed was very comfortable. Next day morning woke up early, got ready, the services in the room was good and the bathroom had all the necessary equipment. Got dressed and had a sumptuous breakfast at the cafe (and yes, it was complimentary :-) )! Kept my luggage with them throughout the day, even after checking out and picked it at night around 10 PM and it was all safe and secure. Enjoyed my stay overall and I would recommend it as well as I will stay again. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded August 6, 2012

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Everything is said in the tittle !

Hotel is located opposite of Leela palace (a complete different story)
If you can avoid it just do so.
Rooms are OK (but small) , amenities are good, I really liked the soap, bedding is fine.

This place is really not a five stars.
The building is awful to start with.
The room are all organized around a huge internal square which is supposed to be the bar, very poor design... the outside is ridiculous with some fake statues.. it is like a bad Bollywood décor…
The swimming was closed and anyway badly located between to building and in a very poor surrounding.
The restaurant is a disaster.
The breakfast was real bad.

So it is ok for a short night.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Gl0be_Tr0tter_14
Management response:Responded August 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking your time and sharing your valuable feedback. It is our continuous effort to maintain a high standard of quality service. I am delighted to know that you are happy with my staff and hotel room offered to you. The hotel is designed to match with fusion of Indo - Asian culture due to which the interior of the lobby and atrium is very warm and pleasant. We do have outdoor pool with sun lounges and umbrellas, open seating area and offers state of the art fitness centre to cater the need of the buisness / leisure travellers.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I liked this hotel the minute I stepped into the room. Very modern and classy.
I like the see thru glass from the bathroom to the bedroom (of course if you're shy, you could draw the curtain with a press of a button).
Location is good near the city area.

I am going there in 2 weeks' time, and probably would stay there again...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jazzy_Jayzzz
Management response:Responded April 27, 2012

Anurag
Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2012

If you are in India on a short business trip flying in from a different time zone you need a hotel that lifts your spirits. Matthan does not. The staff have friendly smiles but from there the rest is downhill. What is the style of the hotel? A fusion of something and something else without character. Rooms are clean but oh so boring. The pool was under renovation, but I suspect that was as well when I checked the surroundings. The restaurant was dark, completely lacking any ambiance and to top it off, the bar was completely out of stock of local beer, including Kingfisher.
Value for money? Well, the benchmark is across the street, Leela Palace. Leela costs approx 50% more than Matthan but is propably 200% better in any department judging from what we experienced while dining there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business