“Very good business hotel”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield
Ranked #84 of 681 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Alila when I was transferring my residence from Bangalore to USA. I stayed for 6 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The rooms are nice and quiet even though the hotel is on a busy road.
The breakfast gets monotonous after a while but the food at the pool side restaurant during the weekend is great. I really loved the freshly prepared appetizers.
The room service is little uneven. My laundry was taken from my room even though I didn't ask for it. It was promptly taken care by the manager and I was not charged for it. Another negative for the hotel is the slow WiFi connection. Sometimes it is quite difficult to manage the slow internet connection and not worthy of a premier business hotel. There are few other choices nearby such as Zuri, Aloft or Marriott Whitefield but Alila holds its own against them. I would highly recommend this hotel for people on personal and business trip to Whitefield region of Bangalore.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Hemal J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear CricfanSD,

Thank you for your feedback on our services and facilities. We are glad you liked our special ambience with design elements that makes us surprisingly different.

We have very recently changed our breakfast spread and added a lot of variety and options which has been appreciated by our Guests. Our pool side ambience is currently one of the best around and we are glad you liked the carefully crafted appetizers there.

I am happy to note that your laundry was delivered back after being taken without information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Again, we have also very recently increased the bandwidth of our internet services and as such the slow connection is no longer an issue. We at Alila aim to provide un-interrupted wi-fi service to all our Guests, irrespective of the trend of usage.

Thank you again for recommending us and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you soon to Alila Bangalore.

Do write to me directly on hjain@alilahotels.com, in case we can be of any help in future.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Unlike stuffy 5 star hotels which are all spit and polish and marble and granite, Alila is an airy hotel which is more like a resort in Bali, which they have managed to create in a single building by making a unique OPEN lobby that connects with landscaping and the outside seamlessly. And a pool deck space on the 5th floor that connects again to a series of open spaces which, although disconnected, flow to connect and create discrete spaces that are intimate and warm. And you do not have to be pushed into gigantic ball rooms which are then decked up in garish decor for Sangeeth celebrations or receptions, Instead you can use all these spaces on the ground and 5th floors to plan all your events in a unique way. Truly Alila Bangalore is a breath of fresh air. It is waiting to be discovered. The rooms are also very unique and have a very resorty feel. All of this is backed up by a very friendly staff that strives to make your stay a truly happy and stressless experience. Kudos to Alila Bangalore on all counts

Room Tip: We booked the whole hotel for the wedding and there was uniformly only good words.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Hemal J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Rajramanj,

We sincerely thank you for your lovely feedback of the hotel. We have shared the same with our team and they are all equally excited and happy having taken care of your wedding preparations so well.

As truly said, the unique elements of the hotel makes it a destination to behold for weddings and social events. The loungy atmosphere of the hotel can be used for planning experiential set ups which indeed makes it surprisingly different and memorable. The artefacts that adorn the spaces in and around the hotel makes it different in its own way too.

Thank you once again and look forward to being of assistance in near future.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

There are so many things I would like to say about Alila Resorts in Bangalore, But I'll make this brief and to the point. My husband and myself were planning a resort stay somewhere in Bangalore to celebrate our 3rd year Wedding Anniversary. I wanted to surprise him with something different. In the past I have blindly placed my trust in TripAdvisor; so the hunt began and since I am fairly new to the city I had to go with my instincts and the review of fellow guests of the hotel. I contacted the hotel and inquired if they had any special package for couples. From the get go they didn't fail to deliver. I was dealing with Rahul Prasad (who was very helpful) He offered the Epicurean delight package. Which was totally worth its money and moreover it was very classy. My husband being from Bangalore couldn't believe that such a resort exists and was very surprised. The moment you enter the hotel, you feel like you are in a different place, the architecture, the contemporary design. The check in staff was prompt and very welcoming, everyone had a smile on their face. We were escorted to our room, which was cozy and comfy. Everything was wonderful from the 3 course lunch & dinner, the couples massage which was sensual, to the scrumptious cake at 12 midnight to bring in our anniversary. All in all it was a memorable day with loads of stories to tell our friends and families. We will surely be visiting Alila again and have already recommended your resort to our friends!Hats off to the staff of Alila Resorts in Bangalore, there is a sense of simplicity with a touch of class which is unique!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the lake..its romantic, clam and serine!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Verushka D,

It is a sincere pleasure reading your feedback and I must honestly thank you for the same. We are glad that we could help you make your anniversary memorable. The Epicurean delight package is designed in a way that it gives our Guests the entire range of services and experience starting from dinner to lazy breakfast followed by our lovely Spa Alila treatment for the couple and ends with a delicious brunch by the poolside with an option for late check out at leisure.

We really take pride in training our team to go the extra mile in delighting our Guests with gestures like midnight caking option. This indeed makes it memorable for everyone.

Alila Bangalore's unique design element also makes it very surprisingly different and adds a resorty feel with open surroundings and comfy lounges.

We also appreciate your gesture of recommending us to your friends.

We look forward to seeing you back soon. Do get in touch with me directly on hjain@alilahotels.com for any assistance we can offer.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

It has really been a pleasurable experience.
Few things that straightway comes to my mind....responses from FO, breakfast....loved the options available for making a gr8 salad, pleasant room with a small veranda attached for smokers, swimming pool and the cab service.

Few areas that can be worked, some economical meal offers for in-room dining and snacking up option (kebabs+beer) by the pool might not be a bad idea.

Ciao ciao....Samik

Room Tip: Smoking joint attached outside the studio rooms, so easy for non-smokers aswell.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Bultai,

Thank you for your feedback appreciating our services and the ambience of the hotel. We sincerely thank you for your time. We have very recently done a revamp of our menus in terms of offerings with different price points.

Also, we have now added the snacking option at our pool side restaurant with kebabs and beer which goes very well as you said with the ambience of the poolside.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Our first experience with Alila was when we drove in to check this place out in June/July 2013. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The subtle yet luxurious settings of the lobby/reception was beautiful. The combination of a pleasant atmosphere, contemporary setting & warm staff was enough for us to make this our destination to visit frequently in Bangalore.
This prompted me to have my Wedding event in Alila and believe me those 5 days we were there were the best possible days of my life along with my wife to be her family, my family & friends. Without Alila this event wouldn't have been memorable.
With regards to Alila Hotel, The rooms are very comfortable and stylized in design(contemporary interiors). The design makes the rooms appear large with the toilet being part of the room with only a glass and wooden partition to separate them.
The Spa is great and has lovely views of surrounding Whitefield neighbour hood nestled amidst the green tree tops. The experience will be revitalizing and refreshing which is what one wants at the end of the day.
The Bar & Restaurants at Alila are excellent which compliments the Stay. One of the best in Bangalore and high on quality as well. They serve Indian, Pan Asian, Continental cuisines along with select Korean Dishes. Each cuisine maintains its own taste & flavor which is very important considering so many varieties. I think their must trys are their special Home style chicken/Mutton or Vegetable curries which give you feeling of having home food. The bar (Tiffin Room & Pasha pool side) dishes out fruit infused cocktails which gives you the real flavour of fruits and a must try.

All in all an excellent Hotel with a great staff sure to make you want more.

Room Tip: Corner suits facing the lake at the back of the property are great with double balconies.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Nulz02,

Sincere thanks for your lovely feedback. Alila Bangalore has unique elements at various touch points which enhances the Guest experience at all times. We are glad that my team could take care of you and your family so well.

Our rooms are designed in a way which gives a lot of sense of space. They all come with balconies overlooking the beautiful lake, greenery and some of them towards the city.

Our Spa Alila is also unique in its own way as it brings about the real elements of naturally blended treatments and the amenities used are all flown down from Bali in Indonesia.

Tiffin Bar and Room compliment each other well as it gives a very loungy feeling to the entire ambience. The food menu offered is especially crafted to suit the needs of the modern day traveller. We now have extended our varieties and we offer more choices as per our Guests taste and palate.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Do write to me on hjain@alilahotels.com, in case we can be of any help anytime.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My family had the privilege of hosting my sisters wedding at Alila, Bangalore - we booked 100 rooms for friends & family. The hotel is one of a kind with its resort like calming feel, minimalistic design and beautiful views overlooking Bangalore city on one side, and Varthur Lake paddy fields on the other.

Our wedding went off well without a hitch thanks to the incredible staff! They were very hospitable and amiable, especially Mr. Vaibhav Dubey, the front desk manager, who was particularly helpful during a chaotic Indian wedding!

Alila is very close to the IT hub of Bangalore...so I would highly recommend it for any of you travelers who are looking for a place to stay in the Whitefield area. As far as a wedding venue goes...Alila was just what we were looking for! However I would only recommend this hotel for an outdoor wedding as the banquets are very small.

Overall, we had a wonderful experience. Thanks, Alila!

Room Tip: Large groups should choose the Alila Apartment option. The apartments were large and luxurious!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Hemal J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear as813,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback about the hotel. We are glad that our team could help you and your family have a grand wedding. We sincerely look forward to being of assistance in future as well. Our hotel design credentials coupled with good service really helps us create memorable experiences for our Guests.

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at The Alila and I was a tad disappointed with the overall experience. The pool side restaurant which was the major factor for me to book this place was closed due to renovation. At least the hotel ought to put up the same on its website so that customers can make a well informed choice .

The place is beautifully done up with wooden interiors and the ambience is calm and soothing. Mosquito menace in the evening is a huge issue as you can't sit outdoors without being bitten away to glory.

I found the breakfast buffet quite limited for a hotel like Alila.. Few of the items mentioned in the menu were not available.One of the waiters kept repeating that he is new whenever he was asked for something. The service overall was slow and even water wasn't being served unless asked for.

I would rate the hotel at 3 stars based only on the ambience of the place.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Hemal J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Hrash Ranasaria,

At the outset, please accept my sincere and deepest apologies for the kind of service and the inconvenience that you had to go through. We at Alila believe a lot in personalisation of service and as such the same was absolutely unacceptable.

1. The pool side at Alila is indeed a very beautiful destination. I apologise if the same was made unaccessible to you. However, I would like to admit that there was no renovation going on at our pool side.

2. We have now changed our breakfast buffet and added a lot of variety in cold and hot sections along with a varied bread display.

3. I am sorry again on the waiters not being of assistance when required.

I once again regret all the inconvenience caused and admit that there has been a real lack of consistency in serving you. We have taken steps to train our team so that the same is not repeated for any of our Guests going forward.

We really hope to get another chance to serve you better and look forward to seeing you soon. Do write to me directly on hjain@alilahotels.com and I would be extremely glad to be of assistance in future.