“Fantastic, modern, very chic”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield
Ranked #93 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I spent a fantastic 3 days at Alila. Incredible contemporary designed hotel. Staff friendly and helpful, food fantastic. I stayed over the weekend beyond a business trip and there is a really fun all you can eat and drink brunch by the pool with live music. Loved it. Will definitely go back and stay there on future business trips.

Room Tip: Be aware it is not in the centre of bangalore and an hour from the airport
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear James,
Thank you for the delightful feedback. It is opinions such as yours that encourage us to strive continuously in order to serve you better. I’ve only just joined the management and I’m happy you enjoyed the hotel services and facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back in person in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was planning to take my family out on the occasion of our wedding anniversary. I read a few online reviews and quite a handful of them pointed me to Alila. We went on a sunday morning for the gastronomic brunch. It was a decision I pat myself forever. It was truly a wonderful experience. Ofcouse the food was awesome. But the staff put up an enjoyable experience for us. One Mr Vinay, escorted us and made sure that we were treated well. He pointed the right staff to engage us at each moment. The staff themselves had a fairly good knowledge of the food and the chef was a great person to meet. I wouldn't call it an expensive affair, but its money well spent. Peaceful ambiance, thoughtful architecture, innovative menu and cordial staff made us feel royal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Sanjay,
Thank you! I’ve just stepped in to fill the position of general manager a few weeks ago. I will make sure that I share your wonderful comments with our staff and especially Vinay. I will also give the chef your heartfelt compliments. It’s feedback such as yours that encourages us to improve consistently and provide the best hospitality experience that we possibly can. I look forward to welcoming you back soon at Alila Bangalore Hotel and Residence.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have nothing but praise for the Hotel staff... they have made my stay at the hotel like a home from home... from Christine and Sebastian in the restaurant to Kim and Tina on the front desk and too may others to mention....

The open airy design is wonderful as are the view at the back of the hotel.The Spa is possible the best I have used ...

The pillows are the best in the world !

Room Tip: at the back on the left side
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear anneuk-18,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I’ve just occupied the general manager’s position a few weeks ago and I’m certain that Christine, Sebastian, Kim and Tina will greatly appreciate the fact that you enjoyed their company and services. I will be sure to give your compliments to the staff at our spa. Your family eagerly awaits your arrival back soon at your home in Alila Bangalore Hotel and Residence.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

A nice clean place to stay in Bangalore more so for if you are travelling alone & on business. The studio apartments are very basic but clean. The hotel is airy and there is plenty of fresh air to be enjoyed. Food Service and room service is courteous but very slow so if you are in hurry better rely on self service for example carry your own baggages if you wish an early check-out, as Alila is understaffed. Rooms facing the main road are generally well appointed than the rest.

Room Tip: Rooms just above the reception are generally good and better appointed than the rest.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ravi,
At the outset, please accept our humble apologies for the inconvenience. I’ve only just filled in the position of general manager a couple of weeks ago and I feel that it is the valuable feedback such as yours that helps us to continuously re-define and improve our levels of service. We went back and paid heed to the issues you had highlighted in your review and we’re currently working towards tackling the same. In fact, we assure you that you won’t encounter the aforementioned problems on your next visit. Thank you once again and we do look forward to your continued support.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a very nice hotel out of the city.
Probably the best service I have received at a hotel in a long time. Very nice restaurant and bar area on the top floor. The rooms are large and very clean.

Thanks to Christine (Restaurant Manager) the hotel manager and all the waiters for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear shinchliffe,
Thank you so much for the heart-warming comments. Your words of encouragement will go a long way in helping us to further build on our foundation. I’ve only just stepped in to fill the position of general manager and I will personally ensure that Christine is commended for her wonderful service. I look forward to welcoming you back in person at Alila Bangalore Hotel and Residence.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at the Alila in whiteifeld for our honeymoon (1 night) and took a package that involves a custom ordered dinner in consultation with the chef. We also had a reasonable / average breakfast.
One of the best things was our couples massage - fantastic experience

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Vivek,
Thank you for taking out time to give us your valued opinion. We are elated that you chose our hotel for such a memorable occasion. I’ve only just occupied the position of general manager and I will personally give our staff at the spa your heartfelt compliments. Thanks once again and I eagerly look forward to seeing you back soon, this time for a longer duration.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I spent a night in the hotel which was very impressive. The room was quite small but I thought it was very cosy and comfortable. I had a great sleep until 11 am which I did not intend! I hadn´t requested a wake-up call otherwise I´m sure the staff would have seen to it that I got up in time!
The room was very tastefully done. As a rather raucous wedding party, we weren´t the easiest guests but the staff was very attentive and patient, responding to all our silly 4 am requests. Incredibly, possibly because of the way the acoustics are arranged, we didn´t bother any other guests. The staff would have told us otherwise.

The facilities are quite good, with a reasonably well equipped gym and a decent sized pool. Everything about the Alila is small and cosy, certainly not your vast Leela type hotel. It´s a small property but very classily done given its space constraint. I would recommend it for the business traveller which is what I imagine they are attempting to serve. Overall, a good hotel and recommended. At about a $100 - 150 USD a night, its definitely value for money because comparable hotels of this rating will set you back atleast $200 at the bare minimum. We booked a month ahead so that might be a reason for our $100 price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo