“Great first stay in this hotel”

Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore
Ranked #26 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great first stay in this hotel”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

First time I stay in this hotel and the experience was impressive: Great supportive and friendly staff whether in front desk or F&B outlets, Modern comfortable clean rooms, excellent Restaurants whether the all day dining or even more the Italian Restaurant. Will surely use this hotel for my next trip

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

We cannot thank you enough for such high words of praise on your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments on our efficient and friendly service, an unbeatable unique wine and cheese sampling dining experience. at our gourmet Italian restaurant "Mezzaluna" and the overall hospitality received at our hotel. It has spread a sense of joy among our entire team and we appreciate your continued patronage to our hotel.

My team and I are ecstatic to learn that Mövenpick Hotel & Spa will be the preferred hotel on your next visit to Bangalore. We eagerly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in not too distant future.

Prashant Sharma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was able to stay here on a corporate rate which made it very affordable. Stayed for 3 weeks while in India.

First the breakfast - The staff was excellent and attentive. Within days they had learnt my eating habits and for the most part, my coffee was brought as I would order it and they would ask if I wanted my eggs to order. On a few occasions I was running very late, and the staff would bring me coffee out front as I awaited my driver.

Second the security staff - I am a smoker and would stand outside quite often. The staff was always friendly and took an interest in my trip and where I was from. I also got to witness Republic Day, and the entire staff made it memorable.

Front Desk was attentive and efficient but I did not interact with them often. Concierge was able to get me a tee time for the time I requested.

The few times I ordered room service, it was brought quickly and more importantly correctly.

The only complaint is not really a complaint. In European hotels, your room key activates the electricity in the room. I was gone for 12 hours a day and by the time I returned, the room was damp because the A/C did not run.

Room Tip: All the rooms I stayed in were nice, but if you can afford it, the executive suites were amazing.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to post your review on our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your positive observations regarding our product and food is truly inspirational for all of us.

Also, your recognition of our service and the fact that you found our staff very courteous is an honour for the team. It is our continuous effort to provide our guests with the highest level of service and to make their stay truly memorable. We have noted your apprehension regarding the dampness felt in room in the evening rest assured will address your concern on top priority.

Thank you for recommending our property. I and my whole team look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore in not too distant future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have been traveling to India for over a decade on business and have stayed in several major hotels including the Leela Palace, Taj Gateway and others in Bangalore as well as other cities. While there can be no doubt most 5 star plus hotels are value for money in India, I have been particularly impressed by this one. While there can be no disputing the standings of the likes of Leela hotels but in terms of value for money the Moevenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore represents excellent value. Location is also very good if you need to be near the airport or to Manyata Business Park. What I would like to have seen would be a nicer outside rooftop lounge area for "downtime" as well as perhaps a nice authentic Indian restaurant, in addition to the very good Italian one. I cannot comment on the Spa this time. In terms of the room, first impressions count. To be upgraded to a suite on arrival was very welcome.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It gives us a great sense of pride to read that you had a good experience while staying with us. Thank you for recognising the product and facilities which Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore.

As for the gastronomy at Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, The Chefs at Mövenpick strongly believe in cooking with the freshest possible ingredients, considering a healthy mix of local and international dishes as part of our menus - Each restaurant menu is carefully planned to provide you a combination of long-standing favourites as well as introducing new culinary plates.

We have one of the largest entry size rooms among the business hotels in the city which give ample space to the guests to relax and work.
We do have various outside sitting areas in the hotel i.e. Bonsai Lounge where our guest can revitalize your spirits as you lean back on comfortable chairs surrounded by miniature trees while sipping on some Japanese green tea, or alternatively an exotic cocktail brought over from Obsidian, the Sports+Music Bar, right next door. Sky Brew: Operational only on weekends every weekend, where our guests can enjoy a variety of brews, innovative cocktails, German meats and sausages as you take in panoramic views of Bangalore, and groove to contemporary music telecasted from London. Alfresco: patio sitting area outside our all day dining restaurant “My Place Restaurant”. Our recently launched Swiss Cafe: done up in contemporary décor, the café has easy access from the portico thus giving it the feel of a European Café complete with the classical awning at the entrance.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore in not too distant future.

Linz, Austria
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was my second coming to Moevenpick. I had requested for an upgrade in my room and the front office was gracious to grant the same at no extra cost.
Even though there was an event in town and the hotel was choc a bloc full, it did not deter the service quality and standards
As in my previous review, the in room dining still needs fine tuning as far as consistency of the food is concerned, hope this improves during my next stay

2 Thank UGeeP
General M, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip advisor. It was an absolute privilege to have you stay with us and making your stay as comfortable as it gets.

I have conveyed your compliments to my entire team with a special mention of the quality service. Apart from a brand new product, it is simple things like giving importance to guest preferences, providing best value for money, anticipating guest needs etc. which set us apart from others.
With regards to the areas of improvement we have noted your concern and rest assured the concern highlighted will be addressed.
We appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and sincerely look forward to the pleasure of having you stay with us again on your next visit to Bangalore.

Ahmedabad
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is one of best property in Bangalore, Its new property tower hotel.
Restaurant is very good located on ground floor and live counter for breakfast.
Rooms are Excellent.
Good conference hall located in basement.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JimmyJ167
Dear Guest,

I take this opportunity to thank you for your appreciation & feedback as it boosts our inclination towards our core commitment of quality service in an inspired setting.

The hotel is well situated between the airport and the downtown areas of the city in a calm locality to promise a comfortable stay after the long day’s work to its guests. We trust that you enjoyed the Best Value For Money while you stayed at Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, we do hope your travels will bring you back to our hotel in the near future for an extended period of time.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days ( no 413) asked to settle the bill a previous night to accommodate my early morning flight. Having settled the bill in full they told I owed more held me hostage behaved in rude manner would not let me go without paying extra. I did not deny paying if I owed any all that I asked them is to post my bill can settle later day so that I do not miss my flight also will be compromising company policy this kind of treatment is unwarranted similar to street goons.

They do not have basic human courtesy nor know the value of time.

Hope you resolve this matter. The people who acted like goons are Neal and Vikas

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Pra789
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I am sorry to learn that you experienced difficulties during your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel and Spa Bangalore - I have already spoken to the responsible department head and you can be assured that all your concerns will be taken seriously. It is a matter of great regret that there was a lag in our service to you and you felt the standards of service were below your expectations.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused-It is mainly through these guest comments that we become aware of our shortcomings and therefore it helps us to work on our performance continuously.

Look forward to your understanding, we sincerely hope that you will not judge our service on the basis of this particular experience, we thank you in advance and on behalf of our staff and management for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you.

We appreciate your efforts in leaving behind a feedback for us and I really hope you give us a chance to serve you better in future. We look forward to welcoming you again to Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore and restoring your confidence in us.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel for 5 days, check in&out was smooth, italian restaurant was delicious, also special thanks to Mr.Abhinandan Srivastava who is handling the executive lounge, he was very friendly and polite.
Spa was also very succesful, I didn't have any problems during my stay, only sometimes internet was logging you out because of high occupancy, but hotel ensure that they will take care of it soon.

1 Thank EnginTokel
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest,
It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore. Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor and for your kind words of praise for our hotel rooms, restaurants and services. At Mövenpick we provide an experience that sets us apart from other accommodations--It is indeed a matter of pride for us that you felt that your experience at our Italian restaurant was “Delicious”- Will definitely convey your compliments to Chef Gaurav
Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of great inspiration and will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service. It is our supreme focus to provide the Best Value For Money to our guests by doing simple things in an extraordinary way in our service and offering a world class product at an affordable price in the five star segment.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the city and to The Mövenpick