“Lack of quality disappointing”

Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore
Ranked #26 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
“Lack of quality disappointing”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Great room, but all else was below standard. 1. Spa massage technician was horrible and quite obviously not a professionally trained masseuse. She just rubbed skin, no technique was used and when I continually asked for her to stop or move on she just kept persisting, ignoring my initial requests to focus on certain areas and avoid others. It was more frustrating than relaxing and helpful. 2. Personnel in the gym stood right next to me as I went machine to machine just staring as I did my workout. It was uncomfortable and awkward and completely unnecessary as the gym is huge and highly visible from either end. 3. Room serive breakfast was delivered 20 minutes late of promised time and cold. Fruit tasted like it had been cut with same knife as onions and milk seemed as long life milk, not fresh. Very disappointed.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank DE15
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have taken this up very strongly with my team and each and every point highlighted by you will be addressed in detail.

This is an inadvertent deviation from our usually high standards. However, would request you to give us another chance to showcase our signature “Swiss hospitality”.

We appreciate the trouble you have taken to post a comment. I assure you that on your next visit you will only receive the best of our services. We are grateful for your support and truly value your patronage.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore and restoring your confidence in us.

Biswajit Chakraborty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Recently had the pleasure of hosting a party (of about 100) for a group of friends as a celebration event. The choice of the venue was the Obsidian Bar at the Movenpick Hotel, Bangalore. from this choice of venue, to theme and decor, the food and cocktails, everything was taken care by the efficient team of this very cute yet highly professional hotel. From the moment I decided to throw a party and contacted the hotel, they took over. Helped me plan a citrus theme (being summer), chose the bar because it was cosy and yet a fun place to be, decided on the cocktails which were light and very refreshing and also the dinner which was based on the chosen theme.
Normally I am a bit nervous when I throw a party as am not totally in control and worried if things dont go well. But here everything went clockwork and I enjoyed myself thoroughly being pampered by the very friendly team Movenpick. The Mojitos and Cosmopolitans were enjoyed by all and and the snacks came around without one having to seek them. Outstanding sate and hummus followed by salmon and sausages. Then came the gastronomical dinner with the Cannaloni, the wok noodles, the Rosti (Swiss naturally) and the Roast chicken, prawns and fish. If this was not enough, the long dessert trolley had everyone stuffing themselves and exclaiming that this was a fantastic party. Thank you to the most enthusiastic and friendly team who did everything to make this event a big success and made me feel a royal guest at my own party

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to receive such high words of praise. It makes us truly proud to note that you recognized the personal touch our associates provided in their service to you.

It is our constant endeavor to exceed our guests’ expectations by anticipating their needs and surprising them pleasantly, thereby delivering our Brand Promise of Natural Enjoyment.

Obsidian our sports and music bar has a unique character to it, the live screening of Music and Sports on the two Large Screens, lend themselves beautifully to create a cozy ambience. Our Bonsai Lounge, adjacent to the Obsidian is ideally placed, and compliments the Bangalore weather.

Thank you for rating the quality of our product and services among top. I’m truly glad that the team was able to take care of all your needs - and make your party a grand success.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the soon.

Biswajit Chakrabory
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I spent two weeks in this hotel. Usually I do not write any comment but in this case I decided to share my view! The hotel is very well equiped: Gym, Sauna, Steam Room etc but what suprised me the most was the service. Most of the staff knew me by name after a day of my stay. My preferences of food and drinks were remembered by all waiters. Everyone had a time to stop for a chat so it makes you feel you are a special guest. Food is great and even though not everything is on menu you can order whatever you wish and this will be cooked for you!
Hotel is very clean and tidy. You do not need to worry about anything!
The staff suprised me on my bday when a nice choclate cake waited for me in my room plus a special meal cooked by a chef! I felt like celebrity :-)
I can truly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We cannot thank you enough for such kind words of praise. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit to the fullest while you stayed at the Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are delighted to read such a fantastic review from you. We are pleased to learn from your feedback that you felt “Like Celebrity”. Thank you indeed for this admiring comment !

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a great source of motivation. At The Mövenpick, it is our prime focus to offer our guests with personalised services and facilities which meets high standards of hospitality and it is truly heartening to have our efforts acknowledged by you in such a manner. Our greatest strength is our team and your appreciation will encourage us further to deliver our best.

Thank you once again for your recognition and we are delighted to note that we will be having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Fulda, Germany
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am a professional working in Bangalore and since November 2012, I lived with short interruptions in the Mövenpick Hotel.
I Enjoy using it each morning with a friendly "Good morning Mr. Lohmann" at the reception and in the restaurant to be welcomed. Even the brief conversations with the staff, I do not want to miss. The staff, from the security guards at the gate of the reception desk, pool, housekeeping, kocking-chefs and managers all very friendly and helpful. Sauraph and his troops around the breakfast buffet read every wish from your lips.
The rooms are clean and spacious. On this occasion, it should be mentioned once that since my first visit in November I always got the same room (404) received. I feel very comfortable here. This I also take into account that I have to drive an hour to the north of Bangalore every morning, although other 4-5 star hotels are closer to my company. I'm looking forward to all of you on June 18th. Moevenpick Hotel and Spa = everything is possible ;-)

Room Tip: I also saw the rooms of my colleagues who were all Top.
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your experience of your stay on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to learn that we at The Mövenpick Bangalore could enhance your stay with our signature “Swiss hospitality”.

We are delighted to note that you found our service impeccable and the fact that you found our staff very responsive, courteous and helpful. This is indeed an honour for the team. Your positive review has been conveyed to our team, who were pleased to read your gracious compliments.

It is appreciation and acknowledgement such as yours which keeps us motivated and helps us in delivering our best. We are grateful for your support and truly value your patronage.

We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you hopefully in the near future.

Weltevredenpark, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our olfactory sense is so powerful! The guys at the hotel understand this and pay special attention to how this aspect is employed and the genuinely friendly service made me decide that this is where I will stay on my Bangalore visits.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We are happy that you took out time and shared your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel.

We are delighted to note that we at The Mövenpick Bangalore could enhance your stay with our signature “Swiss hospitality”. Your positive review has been conveyed to our team, who were pleased to read your gracious compliments.

Once again, thank you for your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore in not too distant future.

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Had an excellent 3 Nights stay at Moevenpick. The hospitality was very great. The room were very clean and moreover the rooms service had quick response. I would highly recommend this hotel for its quality and service with value for money.

Room Tip: I had the rooms facing main entrance side and no negatives to rule out
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore for your recent stay.

We at The Mövenpick take tremendous delight in the services that we offer, as every guest is very special and it is our constant endeavor to make sure that they have a remarkable experience.

I will definitely convey your appreciation to my team. I am sure they will be encouraged to continue to serve our guests with warmth and courtesy.

Look forward to welcoming you at the hotel soon.

Germany
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great hotel, clean, friendly, beautiful! I can recommend it :)
The food is very good, service is extraordinary, very nice rooms, comfortable bed, nice view on the city, also from the gym. I loved the infinity pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

It brings us immense pleasure and delight that your stay has been fulfilling and in keeping with your expectations. It is our constant endeavour to deliver the highest level of satisfaction to our guests and strive to deliver it with perfection. It is indeed a matter of great pride to learn that you had a comfortable stay, you found our rooms restful, liked our recreational facilities and you rate our services among the top notch.

We look forward to delighting you again with our passionately Swiss hospitality on your next visit.