“my first stay with alofts was excellent”

Aloft Bengaluru Whitefield
Ranked #46 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I visited Bangalore for the third time on a Business Trip since last year. I was informed by my Travel Agent in UK that there was a new 5 Star Luxury Business Hotel in Whitefield. I leapt with joy as my travel time to and from work would be minimal.

I was AMAZED with this new Hotel from beginning to end. What struck me as the most unbelievable experience was that I was taken care of so well from the moment I landed at The Airport until I was dropped back to the Airport. What I find astonishing about this property is that The Aloft Whitefield has barely been open one and half year back . Whilst I was expecting teething problems, I was very surprised to see that my stay was as perfect as a stay in a Hotel that has been open for more than one years!

As you reach The Airport, you are welcomed with a smiling and very polite Chauffeur. I was escorted to a very eye - catching Silver Car with the Aloft Logo - very impressive and can be seen from far. The car was very comfortable and the scenic yet rural drive to the Hotel was a mere 45 minutes.

The entrance is very grand and the lobby opulent. As you walk into this unique property, yo feel a great sense of openness. The Interiors are very tastefully done and you feel that you have walked into a American Hotel that has a Boutique design to it. I was immediately greeted and escorted by Guest Relations to the Front Desk where my check - in took less than two minutes.

The rooms are fantastic! I have never seen such beautifully designed rooms. The rooms are so unique that this Hotel almost seems too plush when you enter the room! The bathrooms are great with a wonderful rain shower - ideal for the Business Traveller.

I was able to sample Dot Yum- The All Day Dining as well as Estia - The Mediterranean Restaurant. Both were excellent. The food I had was very authentic to the core and the wine selection was very good.I also spent time at the beatiful Lobby - the design was amazing the front staff is very helpfull, and the service even better. Overall, the service was amazing and the food beyond expectations. The product is far more superior than any other Hotel in Bangalore.

I am definitely staying only at The Aloft Whitefield in the future!

Room Tip: pool view rooms are excellent
1  Thank 217viju
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us at Aloft Whitefield Bengaluru.

We are glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and appeciated our product, staff and services.

We would like to reassure you of our commitment to superlative customer care and we sincerely look forward to your continued patronage.

Vikas Sharma

Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed July 1, 2012

In India if you want to decent hotel with good service and features you have to be willing to pay. So I was surprised to find the Aloft, a Starwood property for under a $100 a night. I've stayed at a few Alofts in America, so I was curious to see if the one in Bangalore would be the same. It did have funky things like a scooter in the lobby, music playing and the rooms were well designed. They had a need gadget station where you could plug in all your electronics, Wi-Fi was free which is rare in India and they had a decent selection of cable stations. Breakfast was included too, plus there was a clean pool- a "clean" pool is rare to find in India. However there were a few issues. I went to use the restroom in the lobby only to find, toilet paper throw on the floor, stains on the toilet seat and it smelled really bad. Got out of there and I hate to admit this but I used the handicap bathroom as it looked a bit cleaner. Only to find that there was a waste bin in the bathroom. It had been moved to the lobby to catch water that was leaking through the ceiling. In the lobby at 12 in the afternoon, there were still glasses, coke cans and beer bottles lying around from the previous night. There was work going on in the lobby and the tables were covered with dust.

The hotel charges Rs. 2,700 for a car to the airport. The cars are not luxury cars but Toyotas and Hondas. I ended up using a metered cab that was "airport approved" and ended up spending around Rs. 800. At the airport make sure you get a card for a taxi if you want to avoid paying Rs. 2,700.

Overall it was a pleasant stay but management should be stricter about cleanliness.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank brianonthego
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Aloft and appreciated the facilities at the hotel. I would like to thank you for your candid feedback pertaining to issues related to cleanliness, and assure you that due attention would be given to the points highlighted by you in certain specific areas which require further improvement.

At Aloft it is our endeavor to continuosly improve on our existing standards to service, and feedback such as yours goes a long way in assisting us to focus and improve further on some of the grey areas highlighted by you.

I request you to take this as a one off incidence, and we sincerely look forward to your next visit and continued patronage.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights for a business trip. I had heard some raving reviews, but it was a let down - especially given the fact that it is a Starwood property.The cleanliness of the hotel is below standards. So much so, that there were layers of dirt in the room. The service at the restaurants is equally bad. The sequence of serving, taking orders, and getting food to the table is not related at all.

However, if you complain, the staff is very eager to help. They vacuumed the room in the night ( though ideally that's how I should have got the room).

Room Tip: Probably the pool facing rooms might be better
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

At the outset please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvinience caused to you pertaining to cleanliness and restaurant service.

I would like to thank you for your candid feedback, and assure you that due attention would be given to the points highlighted by you.

I request you to take this as a one off incidence.

We look forward to your next visit and continued patronage.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed 3 days with my wife in June, the suite is large and comfortable, food is excellent (from the simple club sandwich served in the room to the breakfast or the Mediterranean restaurant).
Staff is friendly and helpful at any given time.

A great experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Mr.Julien,

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This property is surely going to go down as one of the best places to stay in bangalore.. The locality is very quite and peaceful.Ideal for a lovely lazy holiday.This place was recommended to me by the logistics of my company and surely it was worth it.
It will surely put good fight to IRIS,Chancery Pavilion and others.
Cheers !!

Room Tip: Take room facing the pool.
2  Thank arnabgh
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights near the end of April - 3 adults in our party - 1 BR plus roll-away in the seating area. Having the 2 baths was a real plus. Breakfast was great, evening dinner at dot.yum buffet was equally good. - Air France misplaced my bag for several days, so it ended up being delivered to hotel after my stay had ended. Staff went above and beyond to reach me so I could recover my bag. Big thanks!!! - Two tips for travelers: 1) The car used to pick us up at the airport was undersized (Ford Fiesta) for our party of 3 adults. If 3 or more in your party, might need to request a larger vehicle. 2) The charges for items in the mini-bar (e.g., Pringles, nuts) may be comparable to other hotels, but I advise you simply stock up at the Big Bazaar on Whitefield Rd that's quite nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for feedback about your stay with us at Aloft Whitefield Bengaluru.

We appreciate your feedback and would like to reassure you of our commitment to superlative customer care and we sincerely look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for about 4 weeks during a business trip. Did not notice any (even small) fail from the hotel side.
The rooms are very comfortable with good A/C, 42'' TV and a big comfortable bed.
Staff is very friendly and always ready to help.
Food is nice: big and various breakfasts, good lunch and dinners.
Other facilities are also nice: gym, swimming pool etc.

To sum up, the hotel is not a luxury one, but very well-organized and offers a convenient business stay for all the visitors.

Room Tip: At least in 2012 you'd better choose splash rooms (the ones with the view on swimming pool). The...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
aloft3275, General Manager at Aloft Bengaluru Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for feedback about your stay with us at Aloft Whitefield Bengaluru.

We are glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and appeciated our product, staff and sevices.