“Very Expensive”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I saw in the the reviews on Trip Adviser and went to the Restaurant with my Spouse on the occasion of her Birth Day.
But to my amazement,I found the Rates were exorbitant though the Ambiance is Excellent being a Luxury Hotel,the Taste of the Food can not be termed as excellent.If the were excellent,I would not have minded the Rates.

ITCWINDSOR, General Manager at Dum Pukht Jolly Nabobs, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your comments on Dumpukht Jolly Nabobs

We also thank you sincerely for the detailed feedback and necessary attention has been given to the same.

We do value your feedback and we do look forward to your continued visits at the Dumpukht whenever next you are in Bangalore.

There are newer reviews for Dum Pukht Jolly Nabobs

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My friend Brian H captured our experience nicely below. We ordered Kakori Kabab, Dum Pukht Dum Biriyani and the Raan dish along with some chef recommended bread and a bottle of red wine. Quite a bit of food for just the two of us but we cleaned up everything! The food, service and ambience was extra-ordinary and by far the best I have had so far in Bangalore. Price is clearly expensive but worth it for the experience. Hugely recommended...

Thank you very much indeed for your very nice comments on Dumpukht Jolly Nabobs

Truly Dumpukht has inspired awe for many a year from our guests. Dumpukht Jolly Nabobs is indeed a gastronomic landmark at the ITC Windsor , Bengaluru.

Your appreciation has been shared with the team at Dumpukht and all of us are indeed glad that you enjoyed dining here.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was so pleased with the food and service at this restaurant at ITC Windsor! I wanted Hyderabadi Biriyani and the manager assured me that the chef would make it to my specifications! wow- was I surprised at the willingness of the chef to respond to a customer need so well! The raw papaya relish is so good- the chef came out and explained how he makes it and even gave me a copy of the recipe and a sampling to take home!

The restaurant manager went out of his way to ensure that I had a very pleasant evening.

The starter dish of tandoori grilled prawns with a cream sauce was so delish! If you like prawns, you should give this a try.

I wasn't thrilled with the Falooda- overall, this is a restaurant I will go back to, for their service and to try out other dishes.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We came for the biryani. We had that and more. Without a doubt the finest meal I have had in Bangalore - and one of the best ever. We chose three signature dishes: the lamb kabob, roast lamb marinated in dark rum, and their signature biryani. It was amazing from start to finish. The kabobs, minced and perfectly spiced, were accompanied by a saffron bread that enhanced the flavor even more. The roast lamb was covered with a naan that kept the flavor and moistness in the meat. We savored every bite. In the midst of this came the biryani. Sealed tight in its vessel, the rice absorbed the juice of the lamb and was tastier the further down the bowl we reached. Lamb was fork tender and the marrow condensed by the cooking process. The wait staff, led by Hamilton, was perfect, adding to our conversation when needed and giving us space to enjoy the food and our own company. The restaurant and the hotel were well appointed and welcoming. At the end, the apricot dessert was interesting, but we left most of it as we were so full. Over two and a half hours later we headed out, having enjoyed each bite and every moment. The bill was high, but value for the amount charged. Hopefully we will return again soon.

1  Thank BmoreFun

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Top class dum dishes in Bangalore !! truly Mugalai dishes !! I loved the starters and Dum biryanyi there !! Fish kabab was too good. Its very high end on pricing of food !! but It is worthy when tender meat start melting in mouth !!