“Still a Good Value, But There are Other Choices”
Review of Adarsh Hamilton

Adarsh Hamilton
Ranked #21 of 693 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am primarily a business traveler and have been to India eight times in the past 2+ years for about 16 weeks. This has been my hotel of choice until my last two stays. One expects to occasionally have problems, and it is how a business deals with problems that separates the good from the exceptional.

Two trips ago, I stayed one week, checked out to travel for the weekend, left laundry, and checked back in Sunday night. Getting my laundry was a two-day ordeal where I was promised it within five minutes repeatedly, even when I told them to be truthful. It took 20 minutes at the front desk to go through what they were looking for, point out my room number had changed, and voila, there was my laundry.

My last trip and it will be my last to the Adarsh, I checked in at 3 AM on my arrival from the US. I immediately called the front desk as I had a smoking room. They indicated it was the only room left. I had reserved a non-smoking room several weeks before. With no option, I stayed in it and chose not to move out to a non-smoking room the next day (no offer was made and I was working). On Saturday night, I was awaken around midnight by a shrieking woman. There was a party on the terrace and I was in the front of the hotel. The party did not bother me, just the loud shrieking woman. I called the front desk. Three times they offered me another room (yeah, like I really want to change rooms at midnight) and I told them I wanted the one loud person to be less loud. Once they finally understood that the noise was from the hotel (and likely audible at the front desk), they said they would take care of it. The noise lessened for about 15 minutes and I slept with a pillow over my head.

The icing on the cake. On checkout, I was asked how my stay was. When I said not bad, I was asked why. It is my only stay where I was not offered a customer comment card. I contacted the hotel by email and suggested that unhappy guests are where they can learn the most about their customer service, not just happy guests. The reply was that they were sure I would stay again and they would ensure a non-smoking room and a quiet room. There are other options in the area for comparable prices (I have stayed at one) and I will be staying elsewhere in the future. I will miss the staff at the Adarsh, but not how they deal with or don't deal with problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel. It will avoid noise from parties which was a problem on th...
1  Thank MarkN7453
Chaiitraa_Ayyappa, Public Relations Manager at Adarsh Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Mr. Mark,

Greetings from Adarsh Hamilton, Bengaluru!

It is distressing to read your feedback on various parameters, while it is our utmost focus to provide our valued guests such as you memorable experiences.

Please do accept my apologies for the manner in which your Check In & Check Out was handled.This issue has been addressed with immediate concern & priority while the efforts towards working with the team on handling a situation that transpired are being addressed with utmost concern & focused training.

May I request you treat this as an isolated incident & not a reflection of standards practiced at Adarsh Hamilton.

We endeavour to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. It is feedback such as yours, which helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions and that goes a long way in helping us improve our services.

Once again apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay, rest assured that the necessary actions are being addressed on priority.

Please allow us another opportunity to serve you at Adarsh Hamilton.
My team and I hope to showcase an improvement on your next visit so that our hotel can become your preferred "home" in Bangalore!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Adarsh Hamilton is a great business hotel. The service was good and rooms quite spacious and very well maintained. I was there for 3 days and the chef prepared special Jain food for me which was as tasty as regular food.
Wi-fi is also free. Overall i found it good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Chaiitraa_Ayyappa, Public Relations Manager at Adarsh Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Mr. Rishabh,

Greetings from Adarsh Hamilton, Bengaluru!

We are glad to have hosted you at our property; thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your enriching stay experience here on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for praising our food and beverage offering,we are glad they matched your desired expectations. We are glad that you found our rooms spacious and comfortable

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Adarsh Hamilton, Bengaluru!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

the best hotel experience we've had.right in the heart of the city,easy to access any place.all the staff were very courteous,efficient ,helpful and always had a smiling face.i had a problem with the tv (slight snag in the remote) .they immediately sent a person to look into it :that too twice.
the room was top class,very clean and filled with amenities.the toilet and the room was spic-and-span.the housekeeping had done an impressive job. we couldn't wait to reach the hotel after a tiring day,coz our room wud have been made like new.
really cozy beds and double blind curtains could make you miss your breakfast time!!!the buffet breakfast had variety and taste.but the in room fish item we ordered tasted stale.
our money was well spent and definitely we're gonna return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank venunagan
Chaiitraa_Ayyappa, Public Relations Manager at Adarsh Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Mr. Venu,

Greetings from Adarsh Hamilton, Bengaluru !

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore and for sharing your valuable feedback with us here on Trip Advisor.

It pleases us to note that you had a wonderful stay at our property and were impressed with our products and services. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could take care of all your needs and requirements with utmost care and courtesy. Your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to the associates and I’m sure they will be encouraged to continue to serve guests with warmth.

We have noted your comments on your experience with In Room Dining and would like to apologise sincerely for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you again to the warmth and hospitality of Adarsh Hamilton.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed twice already here and will stay here in the future as well! I can say only the best about this Hotel. EVERYTHING - from facilities to people and the service they provide, regardless of their level, are just excellent!!! Thank you very much for being and being like this!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
PRMANAGER123, Public Relations Manager at Adarsh Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Ms.Susanne,

Greetings from Adarsh Hamilton, Bengaluru!

Thank you for taking out time to review us on Trip Advisor and for posting your compliments.

We are happy to note that you have had a great stay with us.

Our core value at Adarsh Hamilton is providing all our guests a Home away from Home experience and I’m happy the associates were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Adarsh Hamilton again on your next visit to Bangalore.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Good service, nice rooms, Great food and excellent staff. This is on of the best business hotels in Bangalore and I have stayed in a quite a few. The location of the hotel is great, the rooms are very spacious and well maintained, and the free wi-fi is fast. The breakfast spread is brilliant - do full justice to the cost.

Dear Mr.Ashirvad Lobo,

Greetings from Adarsh Hamilton, Bengaluru!

It was a pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to Bangalore.
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate this support.

The team and I are grateful for your kind words of appreciation of our product, restaurant and the location advantage.The team is committed to quality service and it is our continuous endeavour to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our hotel. We are happy to note that we have exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the city and to Adarsh Hamilton.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

In June, July and August I stayed here a total of 10-12 days. I have found the staff attentive, often anticipating my needs before I expressed them - especially in their excellent restaurant. The reception, concierge and service staff are very good. They are eager to assist in every way possible. They have treated me like an honored guest in their home. Good creature comforts. Five Star treatment. Highly competitive pricing! I'll be back.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe C
PRMANAGER123, Public Relations Manager at Adarsh Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Mr.Joe,

Greetings from Adarsh Hamilton, Bengaluru!

Our core value at Adarsh Hamilton is providing all our guests a Home away from Home experience and it pleases me to know that the associates were able to go the extra mile and serve you with utmost warmth and courtesy. Your acknowledgement and appreciation has been conveyed to the associates who will only be encouraged to meet and exceed your expectations each time you choose to stay with us.

Assistant Manager- Public Relations

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My employing organization has a corporate tie-up with this hotel, hence this is a preferred place for me to stay during business visits to Bangalore.

The location of the hotel is great, the rooms are very spacious and well maintained, and the free wi-fi is fast. The breakfast spread is brilliant - do full justice to that, and you can sail through long workdays filled with meetings. Good quality toiletry and related amenities.

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr.Harish,

Greetings from Adarsh Hamilton, Bengaluru!

Thank you for praising our food and beverage offering, service areas, as well as the overall ambience of the property; we are glad they matched your desired expectations. We are glad that you found our rooms spacious and comfortable