La Marvella Sarovar Premiere
Sahana Residency(Bengaluru)
  • Bar/Lounge
UG Deluxe Lodge(Bengaluru)
View Hotel
All reviewsgolden oaksouth bangalorerooftop poolbusiness tripcomfortable stayvalue for moneyfront desk managerclub roomweek staybuffet breakfast isspecial thankslaundry serviceboutique hotelbanquet hallspecial mentionmetro stationvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel is a fairly good hotel - restaurants are not bad and overall it's clean. Service could improve and the front desk staff have a certain apathy bordering on impoliteness. But what baffled me is the inefficiency of the front desk to provide me with change. The lady said she wouldn't be able to break my Rs.100 and when I suggested that she ask the restaurant - she said they too couldn't provide me with change. I wasn't asking for coins or small notes - just a smaller denomination to tip the doorman / valet / driver. If she had tried, I'd have appreciated - but she just wasn't bothered to help.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pbhat
AmitkumarGM, General Manager at La Marvella Sarovar Premiere, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2016

Dear Sir

Thank you for your valuable time in sharing your excellent review about our hotel La Marvella with TripAdvisor community here. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us. We are extremely joyful to learn that your client cherished his stay with us. Your compliments mentioning fairly good hotel, clean place has motivated us. However we apologise for the inconvenience you had in dealing with front desk staffs. A lot of changes on positive note has happened over the years. And be assured to have fabulous stay experience with us

Recently our Hotel- La Marvella has undergone expansion & renovation and we have spruced up our facilities to a discerning traveller like you.

La Marvella A business hotel with 5 star amenities is conveniently located in south Bangalore. Located 38 km from Bangalore International Airport, 6 Km from railway station our hotel La marvella is in close proximity of key commercial area namely Bannerghatta, BTM layout, JP Nagar, Kormangla, MG Road, Lalbagh, IIM, Basavana Gudi Aquatic Centre, Banashankari, Mysore road, Bidadi Industrial Area, Electronic city, Art Of Living, Harohalli Industrial Area etc. This makes the hotel a perfect choice for business and leisure traveler.

The hotel has 102 rooms, 01 restaurant, one bar, 4 Indoor Banquet Halls, a club floor with a dedicated lounge, a rooftop swimming pool, gymnasium and a spa. It offers an unprecedented and innovative experience that takes luxury hospitality to new levels and will appeal to the sensibilities of the world traveller.

The most Tech savvy & fashionable hotel at superb location with young energetic team would make your stay memorable. All of us at La marvella look forward to welcoming you back soon. For reservations please call 9663433533, reservations@lamarvella.com

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Sometimes it pays to tryout smaller, boutique hotels than the big branded ones. Best Western La Marvella is one such experience - Located in a good central location in Bangalore, it offers a very convenient and comfortable stay.

The best part of this hotel is the rooms - very spcacious rooms housing gracious furniture and of electronic equipment (Curtain openers etc). The copious use of black wood for furniture gives a rich look for the interioris. The Bathrooms are very neat, glossy and elegant.

Food is reasonable and the pricing is quite affordable for the business traveller. I felt very comfortable and cosy to stay here.

Room Tip: There are luxury rooms
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank VikranthVasireddy
AmitkumarGM, General Manager at La Marvella Sarovar Premiere, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2016

Dear Mr. Vikranth

Thank you for your valuable time in sharing your marvellous review about our hotel La Marvella with TripAdvisor community here. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us. We are extremely joyful to learn that you cherished your stay with us. Your compliments about our very spacious rooms, gracious furniture of black wood having elegant looks, neat glossy bathroom, reasonable pricing of food, comfortable & cosy stay, Usage of advance technologies to its best and recognizing our team members for their wonderful hospitality services have been shared with our team and this keeps us motivated.

Recently our Hotel- La Marvella has undergone renovation and we have spruced up our facilities to a discerning traveller like you.

La Marvella A business hotel with 5 star amenities is conveniently located in south Bangalore. Located 38 km from Bangalore International Airport, 6 Km from railway station our hotel La marvella is in close proximity of key commercial area namely Bannerghatta, BTM layout, JP Nagar, Kormangla, MG Road, Lalbagh, IIM, Basavana Gudi, Banashankari, Mysore road, Bidadi Industrial Area, Electronic city, Art Of Living, Harohalli Industrial Area etc. This makes the hotel a perfect choice for business and leisure traveler.

The hotel has 102 rooms, 2 restaurants, one bar, 4 Indoor Banquet Halls, a club floor with a dedicated lounge, a rooftop swimming pool, gymnasium and a spa. It offers an unprecedented and innovative experience that takes luxury hospitality to new levels and will appeal to the sensibilities of the world traveller.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The hotel had a good location. Its probably the best hotel in Jaynagar or around. so that works for it.

The staff was helpful, we reached around midnight of the first night. and left around 4 AM after the 2nd night. at both the times, the check-in as well as check-out was quite smooth. They had a bit of a problem with their system. I had booked the hotel online, thru their website, but for some reason it wasnt showing. But they gave me a room on seeing the confirmation on my email. Which was good. However their system continued to show some error because of which I got 3-4 calls from different people from the hotel asking about whether I would be checking-in. This was the next day.

The rooms were very well furnished. Though the interiors were rather dark for my liking. It was equipped with a hightech system for controlling lights and AC etc. However, it didnt work when we checked in. and then the Housekeeping guy fixed it, but it wouldnt work the next day either. The AC was not effective.

The food was good, the bathrooms were very good. nice and clean. There was a huge chair in the room, but the placement was a little weird. We couldnt see the TV properly from there. The room service food was good, but the service was rather slow. We called the spa, but they didnt have a masseur on that day. Only one messeur on their roles, who had a day-off on Monday.

So all in all, even though it was a good hotel, we did not really have a good time. I dont know if it was just our luck, or there is some serious problem with the Hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable time in sharing your review about our hotel La Marvella with TripAdvisor community here. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us. We are disappointed to learn that despite our hi-tech product and our efforts some of the things went wrong and you had inconvenience. We sincerely apologise for the same. We have taken note of that and would like to inform you that all these things have been addressed.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We have just opened our new office close to this hotel (near south end circle, Jayanagar), so was looking for a good hotel closeby for visiting client to stay. I realized made a good choice, right after checking the rooms. Reservation desk was helpful ( Soumya), closed on a rate after discussions. It was for 5 days in one week & 2 days next week ( check out/check in once in between), this was discussed first & confirmed on paper as well. I even paid an adv. of 20000.
Later that week ( after the booking was done) client called me up from USA to confirm the booking & was checking out the hotel on web, told me the rates mentioned there was Rs.1000 lesser than the rates I closed the rooms at. He thought I was billing him higher & wasnt being transparent, I wasnt expecting this from a client & was in clear danger of losing my reputation with him. I immediately called reservation desk & asked them about this, initially declined to give me the lesser rate, but finally agreed as they saw my company being a potential long term client ( its true, as us being working just from the next road!!!).

Then I visited the hotel couple time, checked the rooms as well. Found it a good place to stay, mostly for business travelers. Good service, helpful.

Confusion started when I fortunately checked at front desk when the client was checking out end of first week, and was supposed to check in monday next week. They said, no reservation confirmed for him for the second check in!!!!!!!!!!. As I mentioned before, I had already gone thr' a series of question from client regarding this booking ( Rate related) & now this. But later, once the guest left, soumya made sure the his room was upgraded (for second check in) to a suite. He checked out today & with good feedback.

I recommend this for short trips, business travel

Room Tip: check the rates online (hotel website as well as travel sites) before confirming/payment
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank shree81

Dear Sir

Thank you for your valuable time in sharing your excellent review about our hotel La Marvella with TripAdvisor community here. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us. We are extremely joyful to learn that your client cherished his stay with us. Your compliments mentioning good service, good hotel for business traveller, good rooms and recognising our team members for their wonderful courteous services have been shared with our team and this keeps us motivated.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip by the end of January 2012. Check-in was efficient and I was welcomed with a nice soft drink. A car from the hotel picked me up at the airport. It takes nearly two hours from the airport during rush hour. The room is rather large and very comfortable. A minus point is that the room smelled badly of smoke. The bathroom amenities were what you could expect of a hotel in this category. Internet is free but extremely slow and often the connection fails.

Breakfast was good, plenty of Indian choices and a little less European. I had a dinner in the restaurant on the first floor which was good. There are also enough restaurants nearby. The staff has to be complimented for their attentive service. I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Mianel

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable time in sharing your fabulous review about our hotel La Marvella with TripAdvisor community here. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us. We are extremely joyful to learn that you cherished your stay with us. Your compliments about our larger room, good breakfast, attentive staff and recognizing our team members for their wonderful hospitality services have been shared with our team and this keeps us motivated. We have also noted your concern regarding slow wi-fi, smoking smells & less European dishes. Let me assure you that these all have been addressed and you can count on us.