“Excellent service .. good food”
Review of Shiro

Shiro
Ranked #90 of 11,378 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Richmond Town
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Shiro has withstood the test of time and stands tall amongst all the South-east Asian restaurants in Bangalore .. the service is meticulous .. prompt and they help with selection .. seating is spacious .. indoors is more peaceful and there is also outdoors seating with the live cooking option .. live music etc.
Food is good .. especially the Sushi.. makes sense to try a whole lot of Sushi and Dim Sum options before moving to any other dishes.

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

Went for the executive lunch with a bunch of friends... they had an unlimited dim sum, Sushi, Maki deal. Awesome food and service... unlimited for about 1200-1400 approx with a welcome drink!!! Most satiating!
Will be back for sure. Try even let us share amongst us. Loved it!
Place looks a little tired now and ready for a face lift.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

Went on Christmas Eve and was accommodated inspite of not having a reservation. Good food and authentic flavours. Some difficulty for wheelchair users in terms of space and steps for entry but manageable otherwise

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

I was blown away by the larger than life statues indoors as well as out. Loved the outdoor area and was even happier that the outdoor section was not a smoker’s haven as is the case elsewhere.

We were starving by the time we arrived and to their credit food was served quickly and more than wowed my taste buds which I was not expecting to experience in India .

The food was fabulous and so was the service and overall experience. I’ll definitely visit again on my next trip to Bangalore. Indian sushi you rock and Shiro we’ll meet again

Reviewed January 10, 2018

I finally had a chance to make it to Shiro after a long wait. As they are inside UB City, parking wasn't an issue. As you enter, first thing you would notice are the larger than life sized statues, 3 to be exact. Ambiance is definitely top notch and so was the comfort. Even the toilets are done well except that they could use little more lighting inside.

This isn't the first time I tasted Sushi but definitely the first time I did so in India. We went with all you can eat sushi platter and then a four course set menu meal. If you are experiencing Japanese cuisine for the first time, these are a good start and let you try different things. My partner tells me that she loved Green Apple Martini and as a whole food was very good. Despite me being a die hard fan of meat, I liked the vegetarian sushi platter better and this doesn't happen often. If you are eating Sushi for the first time, you may not like it much but my suggestion is to give it a chance and you'll like the food better as it grows on you.

Service was good and staff was helpful and courteous and helped with the selection of items. They were available throughout and were quick to respond as well.

I give it a 4 start because there's nothing in the food that made me say 'oh, wow!'