“KEYS stay during 2014Bengaluru to Mumbai Road Trip”

Keys Hotel Hosur Road, Bangalore
Ranked #58 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed January 5, 2014

On my trip to Kanyakumari by road on 21.12.13, my wife, my son and myself unanimously decided that we would like to try out IBIS - Bengaluru Hosur Road. So we did. On the return from Kanyakumari to Mumbai we planned to go all the way to Chitradurga to break the journey.
Due heavy traffic and bad roads and even worse driving habits, we had to slow down and this caused a delay of 3 hours coming into Bengaluru. As I felt I need to stop at the earliest we decided to go to KEYS to try it out...AGAIN. We had been to KEYS last year.

Entry - Security Done
Reception - Only 1 handling the desk so was told to sit. Mandatory proofs provided and received the Access Card Immediately. Extra bed cost Rs.1000 which is double of what we paid in IBIS.

Room is small with its transparent(curtain available) bath.
Bed is a bit soft.
Extra bed for my kid was far better ( received very late even after 2 calls)
The hallway smells odd. Can't place the smell (carpet or else)
Wish there was a small fan which could move the air around. Could make a difference in night sleep. With the extra bed it is a squeeze and should be called in only after you are ready for bed.
Hot water is instantaneous. Needs a shower curtain. No hair dryer. If 3 occupants then there should be enough water for drinking.

KEYS Cafe :

Buffet Dinner : Very nice spread. A Malaysian students group was staying so the theme seemed Malaysian with Fried Rice and Malaysian Curry as the mains. Chicken Fry was OK. Fish Curry was good with the fish cooked perfecly. Salads were many. Although the buffet starts at 7.30 pm and we were down at 8pm, 1 soup was yet to be kept out. There were many empty trays. The fisrt round of Fried Rice that I took was just warm but was very well prepared. It was mopped up quickly by the Malay group as was the Malaysian Chicken Gravy. My wife got a fresh batch of Fried Rice hot and piping but not the same as the first batch. Seemed to be put out in a bit of haste as the soy sauce and therefore the color was missing. Mix Veg Bake was nice but very watery. White rice was also available.
Now among all this chaos the staff were doing very well and one Mr. Prashonjith (hope i got his name right) was very attentive to my family and to everyone out there and needs to be applauded for his extra efforts. He is a good example for the others (I guess thats why he was manning the front desk at the cafe). Thanked him for his help and went on to sleep.

Breakfast Buffet (complimentary) : Wonderful spread. Prashonjith was there AGAIN even after that hectic Night service.
I have to mention that the Rose Milk Shake was superb and should be made available for every breakfast. i would have loved to take a bottle full for the trip but felt need to leave some for others. Me and my son upped a few shots of Millk shake and loved it.
Chicken Sausage with Baked Beans and veggies and baked potatoes made for an excellent breakfast for start of my long drive back home to Mumbai.

I felt KEYS gave better service this time than before. They can certainly do better.

Room Tip: Right Side rooms seem to have more movement space than the left side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
General Manager H, General Manager at Keys Hotel Hosur Road, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Greetings!

Thank you very much for your review of Keys Hotel Hosur Road on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve our services.

We would also like to thank you for your continuous support. It is a pleasure to know that you have liked our hotel, staff and services.

We have made a note of your suggestions and would like to assure you that on your next visit you would be delighted with the changes.

Once again I would like to thank you for your candid feedback and I along with my Team look forward to welcoming you back at Keys Hotel Hosur Road, Bangalore.

There are newer reviews for Keys Hotel Hosur Road, Bangalore

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here just for one night and had a bad experience, it probably was a wrong choice when you want to stay with family ( I had my 2 kids with me, 4 yr old and 8 yr old + my parents). I choose this hotel for just an overnight stay and planned to leave early morning back home.

My 2 big disappointments were -
-- extremely small rooms !! Even for a couple of 2 the room is extremely small, with kids it was just terrible.
-- next day morning when I had to check out early at 7:00 am, I had asked for breakfast parcel for the 6 ppl that we were (I had booked 2 rooms). Apparently the hotel has a rule - if you eat the breakfast at the hotel then all can eat, but if you have to parcel then they will do it only for one per room !! Which meant that he would only parcel for 2 people though my package included breakfast for all 6 with limited options from the buffet !! After some argument with the guy at the restaurant, he agreed to parcel what I wanted. I trusted he was doing it and just took the bag he handed over to me. To my surprise, when I opened the bag once I was out of Bangalore, they did not parcel what I had requested for, but instead stuck to their rules !! It was very disgusting to see this side of such a big chain of hotel.
It probably caters only to business folks, in which case they should not accept such family kind of bookings. Such cheapness displayed is highly unacceptable especially when you are paying for it.

On the positive side, the food here is good. I had some friends who had joined me for dinner and we found the food quite sumptuous with a good spread.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. May I apologize for us not meeting your expectations towards the service & for the Room Size.

We will make sure during your next visit to Keys Hotel Hosur will be a memorable one.

Looking forward to personally welcoming you and having my team create joyful memories and warm service on your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Finally i found a good place to stay in bangalore after trying many hotels in this locality, i had stayed here 2 nights and its value for money, well maintained rooms, smart staff and good food, this is all a business traveler would look for and found it all under one roof. would love to continue staying at keys in my future visits.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time & giving us your valuable comments on Keys Hotel Hosur Road. We are happy to note that your experience with us was an enoyable one and hope that this experience would have you stay with us on your next visit too.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Being staying at this hotel for sometime and the hotel provide really nice room and environment throughout the stay.

Really appreciate the GM and the staff for being solving the laundry issues i faced here.

Thanks and hope that there will be more improvement with the food provided in the breakfast.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time & giving us your valuable comments on Keys Hotel, Hosur Road.

We are happy to note that your experience with us was an enoyable one.We would really work on the Laundry & the Breakfast buffet which you have commented on and we will sure improve on that.

I hope that this experience would have you stay with us on your next visit too.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

A value for money hotel, but could have been better.

The breakfast room was overcrowded. One had to wait for quite some time before getting a seat to start eating, which is inconvenient when you are in a hurry.

The cupboards in the room are open (no covers); somehow felt that privacy is getting hampered (!).

The comode had a stain-mark; not expected at a place where housekeeping was generally good.

None of the tables in the room had drawers. Moder design, may be, but I am not used to it.

On the first night, ordered food through room service, which was served in a smart packet. However, the ice-cream was served together though the instruction was to serve it a little late. I was asked to leave the contents in the same packet and keep the packet outside the room after eating, which was still there till the next morning when I was going out to work.

It is expected that when 1 out of the two tea sachets has been consumed, it will be replenished on the second day, but that was not done.

Room Tip: Please book a room on the 5th floor so that you can have easy access to shoe-polish machine and drin...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
General Manager H, General Manager at Keys Hotel Hosur Road, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your review of Keys Hotel Bangalore - Hosur Road on Trip Advisor.
First of all let me thank you for your support & I am happy to read that your liked the property overall and the service of my dedicated & warm team. We strive and train our staff to ensure high levels of service are always provided.

We have taken a note of your feedback on the food delivery in room, Over crowded Restaurant & also about the Housekeeping Issues.

Just for your information that we had a group staying at the Hotel but I have briefed my staff at the restaurant to block a portion of the Restaurant for other guests. I have also taken up your other issues with the Dept. Heads & ensured that everything has been taken care from here onwards.

Let me personally assure you that on your next visit you will be delighted with food & beverage offerings at Keys Hotel.

We are all looking forward to seeing you here soon and I am sure we will continue to delight you.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Staying at Keys Hotel at Hosur road was More like a "Home away from home" exp for me. The rooms are very good, service is excellent. The ambiance is good and the staffs are very friendly, efficient and supportive. Have to mention-Kudoos "Athena" for gathering such a proficient work environment and giving us wonderful service all throughout.

Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
General Manager H, General Manager at Keys Hotel Hosur Road, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Each one of us at Keys deems it a privilege to be of service to you and we are humbled by your kind words of appreciation. We thank you for taking time in sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.

It is heartening to receive such heart warming feedback. Nothing gives us more joy than to note that our guests take back fond memories of the Keys Experience. Our team is our strength and our greatest asset who are truly inspired to read your review and will continue to strive higher in service excellence.

I thank you immensely once again. We eagerly await the opportunity to serve you again and assure you of a "better yet" experience.

Athena
athena.s@keyshotels.com

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The room was excellent ! Food is great. Pool table and playstation were good add ons .. Check in if ur in Bangalore on a business trip and want a peaceful place..
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Addiec86
General Manager H, General Manager at Keys Hotel Hosur Road, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we thank you for taking time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.

Each one of us is delighted to note that you could take back fond memories of your experience with us. Our team is our strength and it is feedback from esteemed guests like yourself that inspires us to strive higher towards excellence. It is truly encouraging to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and were able to enjoy all the facilities at Keys, that has been designed specifically keeping the business traveler's comfort in mind.

The team and I eagerly await the opportunity to serve you again and assure you of making Keys Hotel hosur road "your home" whenever you visit the garden city.

Thank you once again.