“low cost hotel with sad infrastructure”
Review of Lotus Park

Lotus Park
Ranked #272 of 567 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Pune, India
“low cost hotel with sad infrastructure”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The staff was indifferent at best and pointedly ignored you at worst. I had to wait quite a long time to get my room keys in spite of there being just one guest ahead of me. They had Tiny rooms with a tiny TV. Hot water for a bath was available only during certain hours of the day, so make sure you bath within these timings! :-( The shampoo and creams offered in the bathrooms were soooo tiny (around 5 ml) that I had to squeeze the cheap plastic bottles with my teeth to extract some.
I had to change my room since the 1st one offered had a cracked wash basin. In addition I found a few bed Bugs on the bed!
I could hear sounds from the TV in the next room that was quite disturbing.
Any thing good? Well, the complimentary breakfast was OK.
When I left the staff insisted on my filling a form on how I like the stay. Out of embarrassment I wrote some thing nice, so as not to hurt their feelings.
I was put up here by a client so I had no choice, but do avoid if you can.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, take it in a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
Hyderabad
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in the hotel. I have stayed 2 days ,on these days whole good hospitality, Room service was prompt. Breakfast buffet good too. Rooms and toilets were clean & comfortable. A pleasant stay, Hoping to come again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Chennai
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have a chance to stay in Lotus Park Hotel it was nice experiences the Rooms are Excellent Value for Money Hotel

They have a variety of restaurant and all find of food it was a very good experiences in Bangalore

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Unfriendly staff, tiny rooms, messy quality, bad billing, non working lifts, everything wrong about this place. The room floors are sticky, walls are so thin that even a switch on offin the next room is audible here.

Check in check out times were stamped wrong and the front desk is keen to pick up a fight.

We stayed for 3 days and it's rock bottom on my rating charts.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Chidsiva

Travelers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I was on a visit to Bangalore and stayed in Lotus Park hotel in Bangalore for couple of nights in December 2011. It is right on the outer ring road and is conviniently located near to Marthahalli junction. I stayed in a deluxe room. The hotel was good and the room service was excellent. The room is decorated well with good curtains, wooden floor, cupboards and the toilets were clean, though, the corridors of the hotel are not well maintained. The carpet in the corridors was soiled. The beds and towels that they provided were clean. The complimentary free breakfast that they offer is sub-standard. The food they offer for lunch and dinner were good and tasty. The complimentary WiFi that they had has weak strength.

Overall, I would rate this as "Average" and would be staying in this hotel again, when I visit Bangalore.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank marisa_jagadish
Hyderabad
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I am a frequent visitor to Bangalore. Due to the bangalore traffic, i wanted to stay close to my place of business. Checked in to Lotus Park Hotel on the ring road. This hotel is simply terrible in terms of quality of service and amenities. While the rooms are decent enough, it is clear that the maintenance of the rooms, especially the toilets left much to be desired. The linen is not clean, the drains do not work, the toilet seats are terrible and so is the flush. Hot water takes time to be available. Service is terrible and the attitude of staff is very lackadaisical. The only attractive part of the hotel is that it is in the vicinity of Marathahalli where the traffic is not too dense relatively speaking.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank pkbdas
New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 30, 2011

When I went to Bengaluru ( 23rd November, 2011 ), I called these guys to book the room. I clearly specified that we are two people and they specified the charges as 1180/-. My friend stayed there for the same price there two days ago. When we reached there they asked us to pay 1680/- instead of 1180/-. They agreed that they talked to me on phone and this price was specified but said that the price was specified by mistake and now I'll have to pay 1680/- only. We told them that we travelled after spending 300/- and 1.5 hrs to reach there, just to hear that the price was not what we expected. I just said that when you realized the mistake, you should have called me back otherwise just charge what you committed. But they did not agree. This was at 9pm. They knew that we could not go anywhere else.

Above all the mistakes they did, one should have seen their attitude. They made statements like how do we know you've come from Chamrajpet ( That was the place we were staying before ).

I wrote a complaint but I haven't heard back from them till date so I just thought I should atleast write their review so that other guys can be careful atleast.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends