“Attitude as Important as Service - Check every little detail before staying”

Alcove at Koramangala
Alcove at Koramangala
Ranked #475 of 681 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed June 3, 2013

While the location of the service apartment is in a residential area close to the commercial areas the facilities in the apartment are not really anything one can write about. They are quite basic and not any where close to what one expects when one pays rates as charged by them. The kitchen of the service apartment comes even without basic Tea and Coffee which now a days is found in even basic rooms in any un-starred property. What is worst if the attitude that comes with the apartment. My strong advise to any one wanting to rent out a room would be to check every little detail as we had some bad experience with the same. While we assumed that if we take a 2 bed room service apartment it would come with a TV in the living room which did not come and to top it the rooms came with 14'' TV which are just not visible from the beds. The worst part was when we checked with the management we were told we never said either about a TV in the living room or the size of the TV in the bed room. Also it was our mistake that we did not check the size of the TV and if we did we would have been told !! What attitude i must say. Similarly the property has solar powered geysers it takes a lot of water wasting before one gets luke worm water. In todays time and age i am sure how one can waste water and be ok with the same. We drove down from Hyderbad and checked multiple times that if parking is available and were told that there was no problem. When we checked in yesterday to our surprise we were that the parking was on the road outside and again on checking we were told that we never asked if the parking was inside the facility or outside and hence it is fine to park the car outside on the road.

Like i said while the facility is quite good i cant say the same about services or the attitude of the management.

All in all be very careful and check and ask every little detail before confirming any bookings.

Just to let you all know that this level of service is being given to us for booking a 2 bedroom apartment for a week.

Room Tip: Check and confirm everything including the size of the TV and other services like what all will the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ViiveckVerma
nitiblr, Director of Sales at Alcove at Koramangala, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Mr Viiveck

Sorry for the delay in response. I just happened to log in at Trip Advisor and got to know about your issues. Let me try and address all your issues

a) TV size: We have already replaced all the TV's in the room with Samsung 32 in TV now. However the living rooms still do not have a TV. I checked with our supervisor that you had insisted to put TV in the Living room instead of the bedroom, but that was not possible as the cabling was not done.
b) Solar water Heater: We have replaced the Over head solar heater tank with new & more efficient system.
c) Parking: As regards the parking we have always maintained that we do not have a covered parking. We have 24 hrs security at the gate and the parking is open. We have night surveillance cameras.
d) Tea/Coffee: All our kitchens are fully furnished, if you wish to make tea yourself and the request is made to our in house kitchen there would be a cost to it.
e) Lastly as regards the attitude, I discussed with Ms Rita with whom you had a conversation saying that our 2 BHK apartments do not qualify as 2 BHK apartments because there is no TV in the living room. Well here i would like to comment that we will look into providing it when we get into a next phase of renovation, but presently we cannot provide a TV in the living room.

Be rest assured we will continue to strive for good service and assure you that you have a better experience on your next visit

Regards
Ajay dewan

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have spent one week at Alcove “535” (Koramangala). My overall appreciation is good, as my stay was corresponding to what I was advised.
The guesthouse is in a residential district, with quiet backstreets lined with high trees, a very enjoyable surrounding. But there is no commercial area nearby, and you have to walk about 1 km to find shops and restaurants.
Check-in (at 2 A.M.) was swift and nice.
My room, located on the ground floor was clean and reasonably large, with a double bed and wooden floor. Several drawbacks however: The size of drawing table which is ridiculous (actually this is a tablet fixed on the wall) . Another concern for some people is a corner window, very narrow but high, which cannot be occulted at night, so that you never get complete darkness in room. The ensuite bathroom is good, with a large shower delivering adequate quantity of hot water. I would have preferred hot water available also from the tap in the washbasin, as it is not nice shaving in the morning with cold water ! And a glass was missing in the bathroom. Besides, while room cleaning was good, the tap in the shower had not been cleaned for ages. Last but not least, not fridge in the room. While this is common in India, it is an inconvenience during hot season.
Breakfasts are made to order by a very helpful staff, and taken with other guests around a large dining table. The choice is relatively limited, but the quality is quite good.
The management is very nice, helpful and welcoming. They make their best to provide you with the most enjoyable experience of your stay. One bad point is the lack of laundry service, and the management inability to provide you with a workable solution. You have to do by your own, which is relatively easy by walking up to the main road corner and find a laundry shop.
All this would deserve a good mark, but unfortunately, the level of price (about 60$) is extremely high for what you get.
In conclusion, I would recommend this hotel after checking what is available around (I checked apparently better opportunities), for its nice staff, pleasant family atmosphere, cleanliness, good neighbourhood and safety.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
nitiblr, Director of Sales at Alcove at Koramangala, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

Thanks Sir for your feedback

The corner window was a part of the design by the architect to allow natural day light. We will ensure that there is a provision to cover in the night like we have in the top floor rooms.

As we have a single solar water heater, it takes time for the hot water to flow from the Tap. I admit this is flaw where you have a central heating system.

As regards a refrigerator, we have one in each floor and flat. But we do not provide in the room.

I am honestly surprised , that you did not get any laundry service. We have an outsourced agency for short stay . For long stay we provide a dryer & washing machine in each flat.

In all thanks for the other compliments you had for us. We shall ensure that we live upto your expectations in your subsequent visit

Regards

Ajay Dewan

Reviewed October 1, 2011

Ajay and Rita of Alcove welcomed me like family when I first arrived in Bangalore, and we became big customers of Alcove through 2011. Our company rented one of their service apartements at Raheja Residency, took a small office space in their 525 Building, and often used their 535 apartments for visiting colleagues. A pleasure to work with.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have been a long-term resident in Alcove apartments and have always enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable, the service is personalised yet unobtrusive, and the food is great. Truly a home away from home.
-Satish

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I am extremely happy with the apartment and service and would like to recommend to all business travelers.

What I liked here:

what you see in the website is what you get
clean and spacious
the property owners are good to work with
housekeeping is good, friendly and prompt
the food provided is good, not oily or anything - it is very kid friendly

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed here at the raheja apartment with my family last year. We originally asked if they had a king sized single bedroom we could use (not shared)..and the answer came back, as yes, they had 1BHK apartments. What I didn't know was that 1BHK meant 1 bedroom, with hall and kitchen! I thought K meant king!
Anyhow, when we got there, we discovered it was actually a two bedroom apt, but, neither of the rooms had anything larger than one double bed. We were then told that we could use only one of the rooms, as they had not had any single bed apts available for our stay. We had the option of either paying for both rooms, or they would lock one of the rooms. Problem was, there was no mirror in the bedroom with the (slightly) larger bed! After speaking with the manager, I persuaded them to keep the second bedroom open so my wife could use the mirror (women!), and we managed in the one bed. Moral - figure out exactly what you're getting, there're differences in the terminology here in the US versus in India!
Food service was excellent..we had a boy come in to cook breakfast, lunch (if we wanted). His name was "mintoo" and he was awesome! We tipped him heavily:-)

The location of the complex is very good, but the complex itself is not very attractive, and seems a bit old. As part of the complex, you have access as a guest to the gym and a swimming pool, at a cost of Rs 50/day. The swimming pool is quite pathetic - no lounge chairs and the changing rooms are quite shady. We couldn;t shake off the sensation that they were uncomfortable in letting women (my wife) in swim suits use the pool! Equipment in the gym is very dated - I'd rate it a "C", but par for the course at most hotels in India.
Overall, this complex is a good value..but this was the first time I've stayed in a service apt, so dont have a lot of experience here.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family