“Superb stay with Alcove”

Alcove at Koramangala
and 1 more site!
Alcove at Koramangala
Ranked #460 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Hyderabad
“Superb stay with Alcove”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Ajay and Rita of Alcove welcomed me like family when I first arrived in Bangalore, and we became big customers of Alcove through 2011. Our company rented one of their service apartements at Raheja Residency, took a small office space in their 525 Building, and often used their 535 apartments for visiting colleagues. A pleasure to work with.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bangalore
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have been a long-term resident in Alcove apartments and have always enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable, the service is personalised yet unobtrusive, and the food is great. Truly a home away from home.
-Satish

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I am extremely happy with the apartment and service and would like to recommend to all business travelers.

What I liked here:

what you see in the website is what you get
clean and spacious
the property owners are good to work with
housekeeping is good, friendly and prompt
the food provided is good, not oily or anything - it is very kid friendly

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
san jose
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed here at the raheja apartment with my family last year. We originally asked if they had a king sized single bedroom we could use (not shared)..and the answer came back, as yes, they had 1BHK apartments. What I didn't know was that 1BHK meant 1 bedroom, with hall and kitchen! I thought K meant king!
Anyhow, when we got there, we discovered it was actually a two bedroom apt, but, neither of the rooms had anything larger than one double bed. We were then told that we could use only one of the rooms, as they had not had any single bed apts available for our stay. We had the option of either paying for both rooms, or they would lock one of the rooms. Problem was, there was no mirror in the bedroom with the (slightly) larger bed! After speaking with the manager, I persuaded them to keep the second bedroom open so my wife could use the mirror (women!), and we managed in the one bed. Moral - figure out exactly what you're getting, there're differences in the terminology here in the US versus in India!
Food service was excellent..we had a boy come in to cook breakfast, lunch (if we wanted). His name was "mintoo" and he was awesome! We tipped him heavily:-)

The location of the complex is very good, but the complex itself is not very attractive, and seems a bit old. As part of the complex, you have access as a guest to the gym and a swimming pool, at a cost of Rs 50/day. The swimming pool is quite pathetic - no lounge chairs and the changing rooms are quite shady. We couldn;t shake off the sensation that they were uncomfortable in letting women (my wife) in swim suits use the pool! Equipment in the gym is very dated - I'd rate it a "C", but par for the course at most hotels in India.
Overall, this complex is a good value..but this was the first time I've stayed in a service apt, so dont have a lot of experience here.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family