“A Hotel at Brigade Road”

T.A.P. Silver Square
Ranked #598 of 693 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Silver square hotel has all the facilities and amenities that a good hotel offers, Sound at downstairs are bit noisy but only till evening. we was ok with that.Price is good as per the locality. Best place to spend weekend or if any one coming for honeymoon or fun.The hotel was central and close to many major shopping malls.

Hotel Don't have own restaurant but we got food from Mc donald opposite to hotel by room boys.
Overall experience was good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gunendra T

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Hotel is situated at the best possible location in Bangalore right on the MG Road and everything is easily accessible. However, the dance bar just below the hotel rooms and wooden floor will make hard for you to sleep before 1:00 AM (the time when the bar below closes). There was wi-fi facility but the slow speed can taste your patience (I gave up trying after several fruitless trials). Being on top of MG Road you should not explore outside after 11:00 in the night because of the kind of people roaming outside at that time. Overall it was decent hotel as I was out of the hotel for most of the time and came there only to take a sleep, though even that eluded me for most of the time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank atn_iitd
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Overall. not a great experience here. To start of with, you cannot sleep before 11.30pm each night. There is a night club underneath here, and they only turn off their music at 11.30pm. If that doesn't bother you/your late to bed then it needn't be a negative point. However, despite the perfectly amicable staff, I came away thinking I should have stayed elsewhere. I should say that, since Bangalore is an expensive city, you might well not find anywhere better for this price. However, the room was absolutely tiny, and the bathroom was in a bit of a state. The air con worked perfectly though, and the location is absolutely fantastic - just of MG road in the heart of the western district. There are a number of great bars around here, if that's your thing. Prices was 1300 rupees a night, which I though to be too much, although as I have said, that might just be Bangalore - i'm not sure. Overall, don't think that I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Adam B
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is the worst hotel i have ever seen. We booked two rooms and had to shift to other hotel in one days( hotel ozone court is far better than this located in front of this).

Rooms:- Very small and bathroom was not cleaned properly.

Services:- The AC was not working for entire night where as they were claiming that its working , finally asked for table fan to spend the night.

Pls avoid if you can

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank varun123
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The room seemed reasonably clean, though, like many hotels in India, the sheets were questionable (as in, possibly not laundered). The location was good and my first night was alright, though I felt the price was a bit high for the quality. The second day I was moved to a different room (which was smaller and less clean) and when I was laying down and getting ready to sleep I discovered a bed bug. . .

I brought it out to the reception person who was somewhat rude and acted like it was unreasonable of me to want them to DO something about the problem. I was concerned that the bugs might have gotten into my stuff and was concerned that another room might also be infested and they kept telling me that was impossible. They were rude and unhelpful and kept telling me that there was no possibility that there were more bugs. They kept telling me that the person who had been in the room before me was there for weeks and never complained. As it turned out, I had to find a laundry service that also uses a dryer machine in order to kill all the bugs and their eggs!

The manager refused to let me check out with a refund to find another place, he refused to assist with the process of getting everything laundered or treated for bed bugs, the staff was generally unhelpful for most things and downright crappy, rude and dismissive with my complaints and concerns about the bed bugs.

Don't stay here!!!

Room Tip: if you want a good room--go across the street to the really nice hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank katlantis
Reviewed May 24, 2012

we arrived at hotel around 6.30pm. After having the spectacular evening in Brigade road we stopped for dinner in Mc donald restaurant opposite to hotel , continuing to enjoy the view and relaxing after a busy but enjoyable morning. We would now start to drive down into the Film city, Hotel staff arranged cab for that so it was convenient for us. we spent full day in film city then gone to wonder la . it was an amazing experience. we spent in hotel around 3 and half day . Location of hotel is great . It is very much close to malls and fun parks and price is best with the amenities.

Initially we was worried for the sleep quality because on below floor disco is there but sleep quality was good.

Room Tip: must visit wonder la . gold room is better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

If I read the other reviews, the positive ones are from the hotel itself or someone mixed up hotel names.
The staff is verry unfriendly compared to other places, one of the filthiest room I've stayed in. And the fact that one floor below is a disco doesn't do it any good. Tho the location is good as in your in the middle of brigade road and very close to MG road. I have to stay its not that expensive but I stil never gonna return here again

• Stayed: February 2012