“My favorite restaurant in Bangalore”
Review of Karavalli

Karavalli
Ranked #19 of 11,434 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Neighborhood: MG Road
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I came here for dinner in 2015 and was so impressed with the food and service that I stayed at the Taj Gateway this visit for easier access to Karavalli. And it certainly lived up to my memory! Vinoth and Kiran were very attentive, and helped me pick an assortment of seafood options in half orders so that I had a chance to try several styles and preparations. All around excellent meal - my only wish is that I had more room in my stomach to keep eating!

Suresh_TGHR, General Manager at Karavalli, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Karavalli over the years and time taken to share such a wonderful dining experience with the TripAdvisor.

The team and I are glad to note your kind words on our food and service. I have conveyed your gracious appreciation to Vinoth and Kiran, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests’ with the highest level of comfort and to make their dining experience a truly memorable.

Thank you once again for recommending our restaurant and trust to remain your favorite place to dine in Bangalore for the years to come.

Greetings from all of us at The Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Great place to go with your family. There is an indoor air conditioned seating area as well as an outdoor seating area. Our hosts were extremely gracious and attentive (thank you Vinoth and Boopathi). The food served is one of Bangalore's most delicious offerings regardless of what you choose to eat. Seafood comes highly recommended of course. You should also try their delicious thaalis.

Suresh_TGHR, General Manager at Karavalli, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Dear Mr. Rao,

Thank you for dining at Karavalli and for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor. We are grateful for your words of praise about the food, service and ambience. It is my pleasure to convey your appreciation to the team at the restaurant especially Vinoth and Boopathi. Feedback such as your's inspires the team to continue striving harder towards excellence.

Thank you once again for your recommendation and we feel it a privilege to be at your service again.

Suresh Khanna. N

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Me and my fiancè went for a romantic dinner and also to celebrate my birthday.
Was satisfied with the ambience. They have very good food.
Very satisfying customer service by Mr. Vinotu, Dileep & Sree. They were very sweet and also made my bday memorable. Wanna thank them and would suggest anyone to go visit.
I had their kerala cuisine and it was so delicious.

Suresh_TGHR, General Manager at Karavalli, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to have you dine at Karavalli. We appreciate your gracious feedback about the food, service and ambience. I have conveyed your compliments with the team at the restaurant especially Vinoth, Dilip and Sreekumar for their outstanding service. It is feedback such as your’s which indeed very inspiring and the entire team at the restaurant is delighted to see such encouragement, as this is the true reward for all the efforts that go in to ensure that our guests have a memorable dining experience.

The team and I thank you for your recommendation and trust to remain your favourite restaurant to dine in Bangalore for the years to come.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

This old time Bangalore restaurant at the gateway Taj hotel is rated as best in its catogary.
It truly stands to its reputation. The food ... ambience and service all are top class.
Definitely a must visit.
Good options for vegetarians also.

Dear Mr. Kathotia,

Thank you so much for dining at Karavalli and for sharing your marvellous feedback with the Tripadvisor. Your words of praise about the food, service and ambience is very fulfilling, such feedback inspires the team at the restaurant to continue striving harder towards excellence.

Suresh Khanna. N

Reviewed July 1, 2018

It is always my favorite restaurant in BLR. Very trip I make to BLR, I will invariably visit Karavalli with out which the rituals is not complete
The staff are amazing and they know your choices and will recommend the delicacies. Vinod and Anthony and every one makes the experience memorable.
The aroma of the fried curry leaf will take you to coastal Kerala. You should not miss the Kerala coconut chutney as coconut is a new trend ingredient in the west. Do not miss the real coconut flavor balanced with minced onion and chillies. The prawn biriyani is always a good dish to close the meal. I am impressed the way they maintained the quality is spite of chef change after Chef balance retired. It is sort of an Anthony Bordain

Dear Mr. Eapen,

Thank you for your visit to Karavalli for dining. We are glad to receive your inspiring feedback and to note that you loved the delicious food and service. It is my pleasure to share your appreciation to our team members especially Vinoth and Anthony for their incredible service. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests’ with the highest level of comfort and to make their dining experience a truly memorable.

Thank you for your recommendation of our restaurant and trust to remain your favourite place to dine in Bangalore for the years to come.