“Grand stay sullied by poor service in the restaurant.”

ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru
Ranked #21 of 681 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The rooms were excellent. The arrival was very good where we were processed and sent to our rooms pretty quick. The ambiance is to die for. Very tastefully decorated and very pleasant atmosphere. We were generally not satisfied with the service in the restaurant. We were having breakfast and the plates were piling up no one came to clear the plates. Another incident which was unpleasant was, someone dropped a sausage and the wait staff were passing by without doing anything about. Then a guest nearly slipped on it. My friend contacted a staff about it but they went about doing their own thing without picking it up. This went on a couple of times when my friend demanded to see the floor manager and told him about what was going on and the manager pick it up himself. Given the situation I salute the manager for his action. the Gm made some effort to see us about it but we were so busy with out schedule so he did not manage to see us. We had to leave early the next day at 6. I am impressed by the picnic box prepared for each one of our party of six. Another beautiful touch by the hotel was , as we were traveling during our 25th anniversary, we received a cake and bouquet of roses. Thank you ITC Gardenia. I really appreciate effort by the GM to contact us to talk about our displeasure. This is really a great hotel were some things need attention.

Room Tip: If you have to leave Bangalore by road especially to Chennai, leave at 6.00 am. I know it is an ungo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank puspanathan
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret any inconvenience reported by you while dining at our restaurant and we will certainly address the issue pointed out by you.
Thank you and have a pleasant day.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was visiting from California for few days and stayed at ITC Gardenia in Dec, 2013. This was my 2nd stay here (first one was when the hotel just opened) and was even better than the 1st one. The hotel is brand new, very tastefully done with various natural stones and very elegant interior as well as property grounds. The inside of the hotel lobby is very room and spacious with high ceilings and lots of natural light and cool breeze.

I chose a 1 bedroom/living room suite and the interiors were elegantly furnished with all the modern amenities, multiple LED TVs, massage chair, huge balcony, walk-in closet, soaking tub, stand-in shower, down comforters, carpet/wood/marble flooring, and every luxury u can think of like Ritz or FourSeasons (or Oberoi in India).

The customer service experience from checkin to room service to breakfast/dinner staff were exceptional - truly genuine, warm and caring. Chef Ashwani did special preparation for us after talking to us and getting to know our taste and dietary preference. Francis and Roni were always willing to go out of the way during our 3 days of breakfast we had at the hotel and Tapash our bell boy made sure we had a comfortable stay and check-in. Saurabh who helped us with our reservations helped us with the booking and getting us exactly the type of rooms we wanted and made sure during our checkin that we got what we were expecting and did a complimentary upgrade when we expressed the desire for a more spacious room.

Overall, every aspect of stay felt like treat and we were pampered and spoilt. The stay was truly memorable and the hotel and its staff have made this luxury hotel and must stay in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Large corner suites with ample space, breakfast buffet is superb and with unlimited choices from con...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sunil B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. At ITC Gardenia, we take our motto of "Responsible Luxury" very seriously and we are delighted to know you appreciate our efforts to combine sustainability with luxury. Thank you also for appreciating our service and the efforts of the ladies and gentlemen of ITC Gardenia. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I spent 5 nights at the ITC Gardenia in December (2013) and it was excellent stay. I was welcomed by the staff who helped with check-in and luggage in a professional and courteous manner. The hotel and property were immaculate, very clean and well furnished. The place is a peaceful sanctuary in the middle of a busy city. I looked forward to the daily breakfast. It was delicious. The buffet was stocked with all kinds of cuisine; Western, Indian, and food from elsewhere. In general, the hotel seems to cater to the business crowd, so I was somewhat surprised that Internet access was not complimentary. That said, it was available for a reasonable fee and the connection was speedy. Overall, it was an excellent stay worth of a 5 star property.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review ITC Gardenia. We are delighted to know you enjoyed dining at our restaurants and had a comfortable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Thank you and have a good day.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I ended up here as the rooms at my venue hotel were full. After the stay here, I was glad for it. The property is relatively new and unlike a few ITC properties that have for some reason shied from blending culture with modernity, this one has the best of both worlds. Soothing ambiance, state of the art technology and new, clean are complimented by a blend of classical Indian and contemporary art to create an ideal business hotel.

The food here lives up to ITC hotels reputation and the service was fabulous and consistent. Even after my stay, I requested a copy of my bill via email and received it within 8 minutes of requesting it! The breakfast was incredible and the service was consistently good. Very impressive ITC but please do renovate some of your other properties if you want to have me as a frequent guest at your other properties...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are delighted to know that ITC Gardenia offered you a memorable hotel experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Thank you and have a pleasant day.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My adult daughter and I spent 1 week here in May while I was on business in Bangalore. The hotel encapsulates the magic of India. The breezy lobby with living walls, wafting silks, marble floors and lovely pavilion restaurant - I lack the skills to adequately describe. Our room was luxurious with a nice work space and great view of the park and soccer stadium. The breakfast buffet was beautiful, with plentiful multi-national choices both healthy (sprout bar!) and indulgent. My one suggestion would be self-serve coffee as the staff could not keep up with demand. The rooftop infinity pool was a great place to unwind after a busy day. Food and service in all the restaurants was excellent. The hotel staff was helpful and made sure that everything from transportation to changing currency was effortless. They allowed me a very late check-out on my departure date as my flight was at midnight. That was very much appreciated. My daughter and I walked to nearby shopping and parks, however, I would not recommend going alone as my daughter attempted a walk through the park and was followed by an unkempt person. The hotel staff can advise you and arrange transportation. Avoid the auto rickshaws in front of the hotel. They only want to take you to gift shops. If you want to enjoy the auto rickshaw experience, find one in a busier location. Some terrific and unexpected perks at this hotel include free happy hour and limited free laundry.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to know your daughter and you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly adress the points mentioned by you.
Thank you once again and have a pleasant day.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed first time at this hotel for 10 days. The hotel was excellent, great service, GYM, spa with sona and steam room, comfortable bed, excellent food at a very high standard. Lobby is beautiful, live music in the bar. Huge selection of food in Cubbon Pavillion, everyday cook spoke to us and ask if anything he can make for us. For 10 days I ate in Cubbon Pavillion, no need to go out for food. The presentation of food was great.
I will be staying at this hotel during all my future trips and suggesting this hotel to everybody on business or personnel trips with family.
EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT

Room Tip: Ask for Balcony room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was my first visit to this hotel having stayed at an alternate hotel on previous visits. That hotel was great but this is a notch above and I have already booked my next visit.
Service is great and not over the top or "in your face". Pool is excellent and the spa area with sauna, steam room and jacuzzi are of a high standard, particularly for the jet lagged visitor! I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review ITC Gardenia. We are glad you enjoyed your time here and look forward to hosting you again soon.
Thank you and have a great day.