“Good but Small rooms, Excellent location”

ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru
Ranked #20 of 725 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Comfy sleep, Poor staff, cannot communicate more that a parrot. Location is excellent, one way, besides hospital, Getting an auto or cab is very difficult. A walk to UB city is good minus the poor bangalore traffic and pollution. MG road is nearby, it starts and just few hundred meters and its over. If u belong to a bigger city like mumbai or delhi then MG road is not for you, Delhites pack ur bags and head out to nandi hills, for mumbaites nandi hills is like small lonavala. So mumbaites go visit hudson and Lal bagh, u wont get to see this much greenery in Mumbai.
Parking place is ok. Slightly expensive but overal experience with stay,food and service is mixed.

Room Tip: The view from the rooms are worth it.every side has its own view from top floors.People in bangalore...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from ITC Gardenia!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our services.

We have taken cognizance of the same and wish to assure you that this is being suitably addressed by us to ensure there is no recurrence in future.

We thank you for your patronage as it is guest like you who lend stature to our product.

Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,002)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great Hotel. Great Rooms. Great Balcony. Great Views. Great Amenities. Great Room Service. Great Breakfast. Great Happy Hours Services. Great Restaurants to dine in. Great goodies in the room. Everything was great about the hotel. Except for the most horrible experience I had at the front office and b. in availing the offers that were due on my package.

Apparently I made my bookings late in the night and the lady who i spoke to was not present when i was checking in. It was a 2 night + I night free weekend breakaway offer. Optionally, if you don't want a third night you get 4000 rupees worth of hotel credits that can be used in the restaurant or at the spa. I told the lady over the phone that I will make up my mind before check in whether i will go for free third night or hotel credits. But to my shock, when i checked in they said I had booked only for two nights and I will be getting only two nights. When i told them third night is free they refused and sadly were not aware of such an offer. I had to open the ITC website and show them the offer after which they spoke to the sales office and agreed for the third night free offer. Next, as a part of the package they had offered free upgrade to higher level room. But again they took several minutes to get convinced about the offer and once they agreed they told me that the next level rooms for upgrade were all full as there were only few rooms in that category. So finally they booked me under a lower category and upgraded me to the category I had originally booked for (!). The package also offered a Rs.500 Wills Lifestyle voucher which was never given to us. Finally when we were checking out i mentioned it to the guy settling my bills and then he handed over me the voucher. But to top it all, I had asked the ladies at the reception at the time of booking if they had gift vouchers for the spa so that I can gift my wife telling her it came with the package :) ( as my wife would otherwise consider it a waste of money splurging in a 5 star spa ). When they said that they had no gift vouchers that I can purchase for the spa, I asked them if they can instead give it to me as hotel credits, where i pay 10,000 Rs to them in advance and they would instead give me a hotel credit which i will pass on to my wife to use in the spa. for which the lady says ' my accounts guys wont allow it sir. Its like doing a fraud!' this was heights. Hotel credit was something they were anyways offering. And I was willing to pay them and buy the credits in advance, and they call it fraud ! There ended my wonderful experience with Gardenia. Again there was a 20% discount on F&B but I was always billed 100% and when i ask the room service guy about it, he said that it will be discounted while billing. But sadly i never saw the discounts in my bill either. Even at places like the spa, I need to tell them and explain them about the discounts in the offer for me to avail it. I got exhausted beyond a point and went into a given up mode and did not even ask or talk about it either with the room service nor at the restaurants.
Later when i got an email asking me for my feedback, it had the phone number of their COO who i can call / text for giving my feedback. I left a message and he promptly called back, listened to my whole story and wanted me to let him know the next time i visit his property for him to give me special service. I don't know what made him think i will visit his property again. And to top it all, i told him that i received a mail that said I had left behind my pair of shoes which they will keep in safe custody for me to pick up whenever I am In Bangalore next. And the gentleman told me that he will get it couriered to me as a special case. I thought let me not post this on tripadvisor but sadly its almost a fortnight since i spoke to him and I have not heard from ITC Gardenia yet about what he promised. So much for my Gardenia experience.

( Having said all this, my wife and son thoroughly enjoyed the stay and felt pampered. They loved the breakfast, the comfort of the room, the swimming pool, the cuisine. the balcony was dirty when we entered but they cleaned it up instantly. The sleep was great. Everything was fine about Gardenia. Except the experience with the front office and how difficult it was for me to get what was due to me as part of the deal. )

Room Tip: ask for a free upgrade to the balcony rooms in the towers. you will get it if its free. and keep che...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from ITC Gardenia!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our services.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Everything was just perfect! From my room upgrade, to the help the concierge provided me in getting a local sim card, to my one month scheduled wake up call and most specially for breakfast everyday! They even have a muffin available for you in case you want to take some for the office. Service is just great!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Greetings of the day to you,

Thank you very much indeed for sharing with us your delightful experience at ITC Gardenia on Trip Advisor.

It is our endeavor to ensure that each of our guests enjoy and have a memorable stay with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our Services.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Wonderfully modern hotel that is something of an oasis when visiting Bangalore. Room is very modern, with all room controls on a small electronic pad by your bed.

Very nice buffet.... Pool looked nice, though I didn't have time to swim.

The nightly mosquito defogging is a bit shocking, but I don't think this is unique to this hotel and is no doubt driven by necessity.

I would definitely stay here if I ever have to go to Bangalore again.

Stayed: June 2013

Greetings from the ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru

It is wonderful to know and learn of your cherishing experience whilst at ITC Gardenia.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on a business trip to Bengaluru. The hotel is centrally located and ambience is good. The room was spacious and neat and tidy. The staff was courteous and room service was quick. Unfortunately WiFi is not complementary. I wonder why hotels try to make money out of WiFi which is so commoditised that it should be offered complementary. The breakfast was good and enjoyed the south Indian stuff; though found the vadas to be hard and not crisp and fresh.

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru.

I would like to thank you for giving us your time and for your valuable feedback on our services during your recent stay at the ITC Gardenia. Your feedback will undoubtedly help us synergize and streamline our services and also further enhance guest experience.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at our hotel.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at here last night at the recommendation of a team mate, and was quite happy with the choice. Breakfast was good, bedding soft, check in quick and efficient. There was an iron in the room, but I was given 2 free shirts for valet laundry and pressing which was a very nice touch. It seemed to be the choice of a lot of people like me travelling on business from overseas. There was a useful business centre with breakout rooms, etc where we were able to meet with some of our business partners. I had a balcony room. This is a beautiful hotel, where I could relax, rejuvenate and continue my hectic India trip.

Greetings of the day to you,

Thank you very much indeed for sharing with us your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. The team at ITC Gardenia is delighted to receive your comments.

It is our endeavor to ensure that each of our guests enjoy and have a memorable stay with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the Services.

We look forward to your continued visits and the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Amazing.Beautiful.Excellant.Not to be missed experience.Location is really nice and lobby concept is unique.
We had 2 rooms for 3 nights and at the end of trip wanted to extend it foreverrrr.
Please don't book anywhere in Bangalore except at Itc Gardenia

• Stayed: June 2013
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from ITC Gardenia!

I am delighted to learn that you had a very pleasant experience at the ITC Gardenia during your recent stay with us.

I have shared your kind words of appreciation for the ladies and gentlemen of ITC Gardenia, and have been felicitated. I am sure this will further motivate them in their quest for excellence.

Thank you for your support and patronage as it is guests like you who lend stature to our product.

With Best Wishes,